Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He stinks and has off field issues. The floors the ceiling.

Honestly, I’m not convinced he stinks, mostly because of all of the other issues - coaching, communication issues, poor corner play, trouble generating quick pressure, etc.

But it would be pretty dumb to not try to find a starting caliber safety.  I would keep Nicholson as competition and let the best man/men win - starters and depth.  If he loses out, he’s cut... no biggie.  

It’s the same way I’ve felt about Foster - essentially ignore the fact he’s on the roster when going through FA/the draft.  

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Honestly, I’m not convinced he stinks, mostly because of all of the other issues - coaching, communication issues, poor corner play, trouble generating quick pressure, etc.

But it would be pretty dumb to not try to find a starting caliber safety.  I would keep Nicholson as competition and let the best man/men win - starters and depth.  If he loses out, he’s cut... no biggie.  

It’s the same way I’ve felt about Foster - essentially ignore the fact he’s on the roster when going through FA/the draft.  

I think he's poor but can make a play once in awhile, so there is some value... EXACTLY in the way you described.

I think he winds up cut. 

But there's no reason to cut him ahead of time. Let him lose the spot (or win it, I guess).

@KDawg Exactly.  I will add that although I said I’m not convinced he stinks... it’s certainly trending that way for me.  

But yeah, basically I’d wait to cut him (unless something else is known by the FO that we don’t - malcontent, lack of work ethic, etc).  

Xavier Rhodes is certainly an interesting guy to take a look at. I wonder what his cost would be. 

I wouldn't back the Brinks up for him, but on a relatively decent team friendly-ish deal he could be the help we need at corner - he may need a change of scenery. I'll trust Del Rio and Rivera on that one if they bring him in.

I have reservations, but so far he's the only name that's been cut that I'm somewhat interested in. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Xavier Rhodes is certainly an interesting guy to take a look at. I wonder what his cost would be. 

I wouldn't back the Brinks up for him, but on a relatively decent team friendly-ish deal he could be the help we need at corner - he may need a change of scenery. I'll trust Del Rio and Rivera on that one if they bring him in.

I have reservations, but so far he's the only name that's been cut that I'm somewhat interested in. 

Xavier will turn 30 before next season. Elite corner until last season where he fell off a cliff.   Hard call but if he can discover his old form and they don't have to pay a ton, worth the gamble IMO. 

Archived