Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just slapped the franchise tag on Brandon Scherff. I wonder what that means from a standpoint of Brandon being a core guy that the new regime speaks of? I wonder if they do that if Trent's situation didn't exist (??). Hope it works out.

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Damn so we are allowing him to get Offers and negotiate with other teams if he so chooses. It’s the nonexclusive franchise tag. Yikes...so much uncertainty on that Oline rn. Hope we get him and flowers cleared up ASAP before they both could hit FA.

Let Scherff go, take the two firsts and resign Flowers. Overreach on Ruiz and sign Conklin, move Moses inside. Done.

@PartyPosse Highly doubt anyone would give the two firsts for him. Other teams would say hey we’ll sign him but for a 1st and something else but not the second first, before starting to negotiate with him. Not sure you just wouldn’t sign him to a deal. The CBA tonight removes the excuse all the teams have rn. Can’t wait to see what action it spurs.. I’d just sign him and Flowers and go from there.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wonder what the price would be here. I'd honestly probably take a 2nd for Scherff, if there was a player I liked a lot at that spot, and especially an OT. Scherff's injury history scares me. On the other hand, there has been some rumor of us going after Jack Conklin. Whoever-Flower-Roullier-Scherff-Conklin would be a nast OL if we could get average produciton from the LT spot. 

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@PartyPosse Highly doubt anyone would give the two firsts for him. Other teams would say hey we’ll sign him but for a 1st and something else but not the second first, before starting to negotiate with him. Not sure you just wouldn’t sign him to a deal. The CBA tonight removes the excuse all the teams have rn. Can’t wait to see what action it spurs.. I’d just sign him and Flowers and go from there.

I’ll take a first and a third. I mean this is all providing we can’t sign him. I’d rather just not have it drag out.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wonder what the price would be here. I'd honestly probably take a 2nd for Scherff, if there was a player I liked a lot at that spot, and especially an OT. Scherff's injury history scares me. On the other hand, there has been some rumor of us going after Jack Conklin. Whoever-Flower-Roullier-Scherff-Conklin would be a nast OL if we could get average produciton from the LT spot. 

I’d honestly take a shot at moving Moses to guard and signing Conklin. We already have Morgan under contract and if it doesn’t work his dead cap hit is low.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Moses sucks. But seems like RR is ok with him being back. 

Does he really suck though?

Serious question, as I don’t study film at all. Just being an avid fan and watching all the games he’s gained my confidence that he can compete against whomever and isn’t a liability. 

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Serious question, as I don’t study film at all. Just being an avid fan and watching all the games he’s gained my confidence that he can compete against whomever and isn’t a liability. 

I always thought his contact was way too high. As time goes it has kind of drifted back into mid tier range. So ok, sucks is a poor assessment on my part. I think he’s average, on a better than average contract.

might do a job in 2020, but I won’t be sad to see him gone to be honest.

35 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I always thought his contact was way too high. As time goes it has kind of drifted back into mid tier range. So ok, sucks is a poor assessment on my part. I think he’s average, on a better than average contract.

might do a job in 2020, but I won’t be sad to see him gone to be honest.

He seems to have a harder time with speedy edge rushers around the bend, i'm sure a lot of that has to do with his persistent knee and ankle injuries. He seems like a strong dude when he's squared up which leads me to believe he'd be much more successful inside. It would be kinda ironic since he only won the RT job because Scherff couldn't handle it.

44 minutes ago, wit33 said:

His PFF grade is very average, a 65 but I had the same question you had 2 years ago when Alex was starting and then got hurt so I watched the film and focused on Moses.

I saw a guy who looked like he was constantly tired, had poor balance, was always leaning on the defenders and poor/slow feet when changing directions.

To this day one of the worst plays I've ever seen a tackle make was the Dallas game where Colt had to start after Alex broke his leg, the interception that changed the game was a play where the ball was to be snapped and immediately thrown to the WR in the flat.

Moses was such a ball of life in that game he tried to lean his body weight on Demarcus Lawrence and Lawrence saw him doing this all game so he just took one step back, let Moses fall on his face, and then jumped up with two hands and intercepted the ball. It was a Chalie Brown moment.

Most put that on Colt but that was such an F show of a play if you go back and watch what Moses did.

Great person and family man, average RT at best, IMO.

As for Scherff, I'll take two 1st rounders for him all day, I doubt anyone gives that for a guard so the designation IMO is almost worthless.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

His PFF grade is very average, a 65 but I had the same question you had 2 years ago when Alex was starting and then got hurt so I watched the film and focused on Moses.

Its damn hard to be average throughout ones career and on top of that be available. 

Availability and average play = solid player

What do you think? Also, historically where do his PFF numbers fall? 

I saw a guy who looked like he was constantly tired, had poor balance, was always leaning on the defenders and poor/slow feet when changing directions.

He’s definitely a lumbering type tackle that relies heavily on his size and length to compete. Would you like a Lane Johnson type athlete at RT sure, but difficult to achieve. 

He gets the job done and I value that. 

Most put that on Colt but that was such an F show of a play if you go back and watch what Moses did.

Im sure you’d agree miserable plays can be found on all guys, especially the average to above. 

Great person and family man, average RT at best, IMO.

Do you value average? He’s also being paid average money. 

As for Scherff, I'll take two 1st rounders for him all day, I doubt anyone gives that for a guard so the designation IMO is almost worthless.

Not happening, love this use of this particular tag though. 

16 minutes ago, wit33 said:

He's the 7th highest paid tackle and will probably ask for a new contract after this year. What is he worth to you because chances are he's gonna ask for 13-15 a year on his next deal.

19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He's the 7th highest paid tackle and will probably ask for a new contract after this year. What is he worth to you because chances are he's gonna ask for 13-15 a year on his next deal.

I think he could be upgraded with a 2nd round rookie. Not worth 13-15 million. Let him walk and take a comp pick. 

✌
1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Its damn hard to be average throughout ones career and on top of that be available. 

Availability and average play = solid player

What do you think? Also, historically where do his PFF numbers fall? 

You're right that if you cant stay on the field you're not much good to anyone but the penalties and inconsistent play are not something I want to see out of a guy who should be getting better, I think he's regressed and I'll bet the analytics show that.  At this point in his career he should be an anchor for our O line, do you think he is?

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Yes, you cant have five superstars on the O line so you have to find average and try to develop it into something better but I 100% believe we can find someone of his average ability in the draft or in free agency for less than the $8.6M cap hit we are taking.  I just don't see him as being a core player going forward based on his cap hits for the next 2 seasons vs his level of play BUT he has a chance to make an impression on Ron this season because it doesn't look like he will be going anywhere unless we pull off a move for Conklin and trade Moses, doesn't seem likely but you never know.

My main thing with Moses is that he has the 6th highest cap hit on this team and he doesn't seem to be growing as a player.

My top FA's are still probably Anthony Harris and Jack Conklin. What is the precedence for 29 year old safety's with Harris' athletic profile. Given that he hasn't struggled with injury, is it a safe assumption that he has another 3-4 years of very good production ahead of him? Given age and cost, I suspect we are going to sign Tre Boston and a couple of cheaper CB's, but Harris' propensity for generating turnovers remains appealing. 

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So tell us how you really feel.  Don’t be shy, now.

Hes never looked good. Always felt like I was on crazy pills seeing people defend him. Apke played single high much better. Nicholson might have a role as a crappy SS somewhere. 

Archived