Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Yeah......pretty sure the Vikings are having buyers remorse. 

Why would they have buyers remorse?  It is a team sport. He got them to the playoffs.  Look at Dak Prescott.  I don't hear anyone saying anything about the deal his mediocre ass is trying to pull off.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s going to get franchised again next off season.  You watch.  He knows how to play the contract game better than the football game.

I’m pretty sure Kirk has a no-franchise and no-trade clause in his contract with the Vikings. 

10 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Why would they have buyers remorse?  It is a team sport. He got them to the playoffs.  Look at Dak Prescott.  I don't hear anyone saying anything about the deal his mediocre ass is trying to pull off.

Are you kidding? Lots of people are scoffing at the mega demands Dak's side are proposing. And of course they should have buyer's remorse. Their team has done no better with Kirk than Case Keenum and you can make a quality argument that the team is worse. Part of that is the ripple effect that Kirk's current contract has on the rest of the cap.

The Vikings didn't get Kirk to get into the playoffs. They were already in the playoffs. They didn't get Kirk to win a playoff game. Case Keenum won two. They got him to be the missing piece to a Super Bowl run.

13 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It'd be hilarious if Skins weren't interested in any of the FA's that have been reported.

In Keim's last podcast, he didn't seem to hype any FA chase.  He suggested maybe Bradberry or Hooper but then said he expects them out of the bidding if it goes high.  If I recall he mentioned Fuller.  Didn't think they'd go after Littleton or A. Harris.  But who knows, as he likes to say rumors or just rumors they aren't reports. 

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Are you kidding? Lots of people are scoffing at the mega demands Dak's side are proposing. And of course they should have buyer's remorse. Their team has done no better with Kirk than Case Keenum and you can make a quality argument that the team is worse. Part of that is the ripple effect that Kirk's current contract has on the rest of the cap.

The Vikings didn't get Kirk to get into the playoffs. They were already in the playoffs. They didn't get Kirk to win a playoff game. Case Keenum won two. They got him to be the missing piece to a Super Bowl run.

If they believed in that Case narrative then they'd have the opportunity to fix it this off season since he's a FA again, and instead of trying to extend Kirk they should just let him go, then.  Teams trying to extend players obviously are trying to keep said players.  As to whether they should or not that's a different debate.  But we can say with 100% assurance that ANY team trying to extend any FA player they signed isn't having buyers remorse about landing said player.  

22 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

OMG, this is crazy for an average QB.  Dak is gonna get paid if they ever get that one done (hopefully not).

Mind boggling how NFL teams over pay, but it appears on the surface it’s a 2 year deal... still though. Tanny at just under 15% of the cap is wild. 

Russel Wilson will be at 15 to 16% (31mil towards cap next year) and Tannehill at 14.5 to 15% (29.5 mil) in the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Huh? Maybe the numbers work out to be different when details come out. 

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Dak at least provides some dual threat ability and playmaking. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they believed in that Case narrative then they'd have the opportunity to fix it this off season since he's a FA again, and instead of trying to extend Kirk they should just let him go, then.  Teams trying to extend players obviously are trying to keep said players.  As to whether they should or not that's a different debate.  But we can say with 100% assurance that ANY team trying to extend any FA player they signed isn't having buyers remorse about landing said player.  

Nah, they can't. They'd lose too much face. It's a true narrative though. They haven't progressed since signing Kirk. It'd be tough to say they are a better team with him than without him. He certainly hasn't been the catalyst to glory they hoped for.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Fournette’s gonna get traded for a 2nd and a 3rd. I can feel it

Maybe Foles?

Looking at this I presume Dak trying to land 37 million or so?  To me Wilson > Dak but Wilson's contract was signed first.  The top FAs tend to get the high part of the market.  For example Hooper is likely going to be the top paid TE even though he's be far being the best.  My point is I bet Dak's agent holds firm at 40 but maybe relents 37 million but I'd put money it won't be less than 35. 

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I’m pretty sure Kirk has a no-franchise and no-trade clause in his contract with the Vikings. 

He does have a no-transition tag clause, but it does leave open a franchise tag:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921414/article/inside-kirk-cousins-historic-contract-with-minnesota-vikings

Basic reasoning why? $$$. Since Cousins was tagged twice by Washington, a third tag would result in a 44 percent bump on the previous year’s salary

http://www.startribune.com/kirk-cousins-explains-why-he-didnt-prohibit-future-franchise-tag-in-vikings-contract/477525113/

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Nah, they can't. They'd lose too much face. It's a true narrative though. They haven't progressed since signing Kirk. It'd be tough to say they are a better team with him than without him. He certainly hasn't been the catalyst to glory they hoped for.

If people want to argue that darn Kirk is out to make a bigger buck and want to skewer him for being a mercenary than you got some of that in this narrative potentially.  But the idea that the Vikings have buyers remorse about obtaining him as a response to a story about them trying to extend him -- seems to me a really wild leap of logic.  To me is 100% the polar opposite of that.  I can't think of in the history of the NFL a player being resigned without said team actually wanting that player.    But to each their own on that.  😀

Spielman is a smart dude, the Vikings have been a consistently good team.  I'd presume he has a good handle on who Kirk is and who he isn't.  I doubt he thought he was signing Aaron Rodgers when he was signed then or now.    

Personally, I think they got bad timing.  Though I am not a Kirk detractor as some are on the board, I also wasn't in favor of signing Kirk at 28 million. I think Bruce botched the whole thing but that's a separate discussion.  But I don't buy the Keenum narrative either.  Keenum hit lightning in a bottle and had a fluky really good season but it didn't happen previously or since so that doesn't move me.  Sort of like Nick Foles.  Over the years QBs have had that occasional fluky year.  Sean Mitchell.   K. Kolb, etc.   You want a QB IMO who brings consistency.  This FA crop is insane by QB standards.  This would have been the better year for the Vikings to have Kirk hit FA because of all the options.  

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

He does have a no-transition tag clause, but it does leave open a franchise tag:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921414/article/inside-kirk-cousins-historic-contract-with-minnesota-vikings

Basic reasoning why? $$$. Since Cousins was tagged twice by Washington, a third tag would result in a 44 percent bump on the previous year’s salary

http://www.startribune.com/kirk-cousins-explains-why-he-didnt-prohibit-future-franchise-tag-in-vikings-contract/477525113/

Yeah, I knew it was one of the tags.  I know he definitely has a no trade clause.  Definitely limits the Vikings' options and increases his leverage in this new negotiation.  He and his agent really know how to play the game.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jags linked with Trent

Jags linked with sending us Yan and swapping picks

Jags trade Campbell

Jags working on another trade

i am making several tenuous links between us and the Jags :rofl89:

The Jags linked with Trent?  If so i missed that.

Ian Rapoport saying Dallas likely franchise Dak and are scrambling hard to lock in a deal with Cooper. 

40 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Mind boggling how NFL teams over pay, but it appears on the surface it’s a 2 year deal... still though. Tanny at just under 15% of the cap is wild. 

Russel Wilson will be at 15 to 16% (31mil towards cap next year) and Tannehill at 14.5 to 15% (29.5 mil) in the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Huh? Maybe the numbers work out to be different when details come out. 

Dak at least provides some dual threat ability and playmaking. 

No he actually folds in big games the same accusations levied at Cousins.  Actually your now making me realize his dual threat ability can lead to failure at times. You got me thinking there.

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jags linked with Trent

Jags linked with sending us Yan and swapping picks

Jags trade Campbell

Jags working on another trade

i am making several tenuous links between us and the Jags :rofl89:

I remember seeing that tweet but how many pages back on the TW post I don't know.  I have to think Young has and will always be the pick at #2 overall.  Now a trade for TW is possible after trading Yan.  I could see that.

Archived