Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Yep, specific players contract issues make it difficult to move the league year back. Similar issues been raised over here in terms of our domestic ‘soccer’ league year ending 30th June, which coincides with a high number of contracts expiring. Becomes an issue if the league now goes past that date further into the summer.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think at the least you can have the first high end wave of FA run as scheduled. Within a week it will slow right down and at that stage a change of approach can be considered.

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yep, specific players contract issues make it difficult to move the league year back. Similar issues been raised over here in terms of our domestic ‘soccer’ league year ending 30th June, which coincides with a high number of contracts expiring. Becomes an issue if the league now goes past that date further into the summer.

I think at the least you can have the first high end wave of FA run as scheduled. Within a week it will slow right down and at that stage a change of approach can be considered.

I noticed Florio nationally among others and Finlay locally among others echo how wrong it is to do FA and seem to take a moral high ground on it.   Personally, I don't get it,  Sports is entertainment.  It's not like TV and the whole entertainment world is shut down.  It would be one thing if players are forced to travel and jeopardize their health but that's not the case.  Some say its bad optics for players to get big money while so many are suffering or are about to suffer -- but the big money deals are happening with or without FA.  I doubt anyone who contracts the Coronvirus is going to care if Brady gets his 30 million or whatever on Wednesday or two weeks from now. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I noticed Florio nationally among others and Finlay locally among others echo how wrong it is to do FA and seem to take a moral high ground on it.   Personally, I don't get it,  Sports is entertainment.  It's not like TV and the whole entertainment world is shut down.  It would be one thing if players are forced to travel and jeopardize their health but that's not the case.  Some say its bad optics for players to get big money while so many are suffering or are about to suffer -- but the big money deals are happening with or without FA.  I doubt anyone who contracts the Coronvirus is going to care if Brady gets his 30 million or whatever on Wednesday or two weeks from now. 

Florio nuff said.  J.P. Finley is starting to become the local Florio.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Conklin is a RT anyway, people assume you can just put a RT at LT and they won't miss a beat but it doesn't work that way, not sure why he would be on our shortlist unless we wanted to get rid of Moses.

Actually Conklin played LT at college.  Don't know if he can handle LT in the Pros but he's played the position.  I'd expect him to be a RT though.

43 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Florio nuff said.  J.P. Finley is starting to become the local Florio.

Actually Conklin played LT at college.  Don't know if he can handle LT in the Pros but he's played the position.  I'd expect him to be a RT though.

He seems more of a run grader at RT than pass protector and that will burn you more at LT.   

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agreed. Free agency isn't really *that* exciting. It's only news because people care about it enough. But it's essentially hiring new employees. Which businesses do all the time, even now. Not sure why the NFL would or should be any different than other companies. There's also certainly something to be said to provide some entertainment when everything else is shutting down. You obviously can't appease everyone, but if you're not creating a healthy risk I still see no issue with it.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 5.30.26 PM.png

Hooper isn't the most dynamic guy, but he's an effort dude. Will stick his nose in to block and is an effective safety valve. Good routes and feel for getting open. Now, is that worth $11 mil a year? I dunno but availability is a huge plus with this guy, plus RIvera is probably very familiar with him having schemed for him for years.

16 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Hooper isn't the most dynamic guy, but he's an effort dude. Will stick his nose in to block and is an effective safety valve. Good routes and feel for getting open. Now, is that worth $11 mil a year? I dunno but availability is a huge plus with this guy, plus RIvera is probably very familiar with him having schemed for him for years.

With limited exposure, he reminds me a lot of Cooley. 

6. Whatever decisions Washingon makes, one long-time scout told The Athletiche likes the Redskins’ chances.

“The continuity they’ve had in their scouting staff is phenomenal. That’s a good group of guys,” the scout said, who sees Rivera only enhancing the situation.

“Rivera is going to do his homework on the players. He’s going to be a big influence. He’s going to be happy about that staff. You have a strong group of people picking players. I would say top 5-10 for sure if you were to rate a scouting staff as far as experience and success.”

Add to the mix the promotion of Kyle Smith from the college side to VP of Player Personnel.

Scout: “I’ve never heard anything bad said about Kyle. In my business, when you don’t hear anything bad said about a guy, that’s rare.”

People are sleeping on Hooper, all he did was come out and do his job for 4 years, exceedingly well. Got better every year and is still just 25years old. He has more to grow, and Is about as reliable a weapon as available in FA. TEs typically take several years to blossom in the draft and it’s not Hoopers fault he will reset the TE market. He’ll be deemed cheaper in no time relative to his hopeful continued production. Sign Hooper ASAP!!!

Archived