Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

How is it possible for cooper to possibly land here?

Just now, KDawg said:

It's Corona season, man. I'm just trying to make it through each day with toilet paper. 

As we all know I deliver raw milk..there's no milk on the shelves in any of the stores so when I come strolling in with milk its like black Friday on steroids lol.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

How is it possible for cooper to possibly land here?

money and our batch of Bama players telling him being a Redskin is simply the greatest thing in the world......

very least we can push the price right up so the pukes have to match or better

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

money and our batch of Bama players telling him being a Redskin is simply the greatest thing in the world......

very least we can push the price right up so the pukes have to match or better

Heyyyy thank you...soooooo let's say the pukes offer him $10.00 and the redskins say we'll give you $15.00 cooper can choose the Redskins?

I might be alone with this, but I don't think I want any part of Amari Cooper. He discontented his way out of one team, had half a great season with the Cowboys, and then seemed to have the droppsies this season. I just think Cooper is one of those guys who's greater on paper than he's worth on the field.

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Heyyyy thank you...soooooo let's say the pukes offer him $10.00 and the redskins say we'll give you $15.00 cooper can choose the Redskins?

Yes. He would be a free agent if he isn't tagged. He can go to any team he wants. He can choose a team with a higher offer, lower offer, etc. 

He can pick a team with less money per year, but more years, or more money per year with less years. He can pick whatever offer he wants. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I might be alone with this, but I don't think I want any part of Amari Cooper. He discontented his way out of one team, had half a great season with the Cowboys, and then seemed to have the droppsies this season. I just think Cooper is one of those guys who's greater on paper than he's worth on the field.

His overall body of work looks pretty good to me.

Career stats

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

DAL

DAL

OAK

OAK

OAK

OAK

Career

Some WR FA options:

Amari Cooper

Robby Anderson

Breshad Perriman

Emmanuel Sanders

Phillip Dorsett

Devin Funchess

Demarcus Robinson

Randall Cobb

Of these: Cooper, Perriman, Sanders, Dorsett, Robinson, Cobb are all interesting choices for a vet presence. 

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

His overall body of work looks pretty good to me.

I know and it may be my anti-Cowboys' bias, but I still don't really want Cooper. I won't argue that he's not a good player (he is) I just don't feel he's the right player.

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. He would be a free agent if he isn't tagged. He can go to any team he wants. He can choose a team with a higher offer, lower offer, etc. 

He can pick a team with less money per year, but more years, or more money per year with less years. He can pick whatever offer he wants. 

Oh awesome....I forgot he's a bama boy and I think we have a couple of his former teammates here who he has possibly been talking to and they've been feeding him with "ya wanna come here, things are about to take off"

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You're not alone, I don't like how he wasn't on the field a bunch last year. It wasn't all the time, but he was off the field in crunch time enough to be noticeable.

I think the guy is a good talent, but don't know if he would be worth the price. He would really open things up for Terry Mac and Sims though. The wr corps would be a strength overnight.

Ya know...I get the skins need a veteran wr..and so I keep thinking who would I enjoy coming here...I keep circling back around to I don't give a rat's ass...give me more Mclaurin...that dude has really grown on me....I really love the wr position..that and safety are my favs...so I'll have safeties and receivers in the league I'll pay attention to because I love there style of play...Mclaurin is that dude for me..and he's on my favorite football team..love it.

Just now, crabbypatty said:

You're not alone, I don't like how he wasn't on the field a bunch last year. It wasn't all the time, but he was off the field in crunch time enough to be noticeable.

I think the guy is a good talent, but don't know if he would be worth the price. He would really open things up for Terry Mac and Sims though. The wr corps would be a strength overnight.

I hope we get a good vet presence like E. Sanders for 1/2 the price on a  2 to 3 year deal, then draft a WR with all the talent in the 2020 draft at that position. 

14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I know and it may be my anti-Cowboys' bias, but I still don't really want Cooper. I won't argue that he's not a good player (he is) I just don't feel he's the right player.

I'm a purist in rivalry. I don't want any former coaches, players, trainers, cheerleaders, NOBODY from that wretched team to ever wear the sacred burgundy & gold.

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I hope we get a good vet presence like E. Sanders for 1/2 the price on a  2 to 3 year deal, then draft a WR with all the talent in the 2020 draft at that position. 

I say no to Sanders. He is old. He will cost a lot of $$. He's right on the cliff of complete fall-off for that position, and I would absolutely not want to sign him for a 2-3 year deal.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Who do you want us to target in FA early, HigSkin?  Who do you think they target early?  Always like your insight and interested to hear your opinion. :)

I really think they focus primarily on reasonable CB and TE's in FA.  Who those players are have been heavily discussed in this forum.  Connecting some dots and besides Bradberry who as reported wants the Skins more than they want him ($$), one that's not getting a lot of discussion is Chris Harris because he played with Del Rio in Denver.  🙂

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jarius Wright is a soon to be ex Panther receiver Rivera was linked with, very much a depth type move though 

He's not terrible, but I'm not sure what Wright would provide. Ideally the Redskins would have McLaurin and someone else as starters, Sims cam be the main slot guy, and Harmon would be a back-up. Given the rookie class, ideally there would be a draft pick mixed in. But's 5 slots already. And I don't think you sign Wright to be a #6 receiver. Those guys are usually inactive. Seems like an option only if the team strikes out on starter level talent.

Archived