Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just remember kids, because the asking price for a franchise tagged guy is 2 1st round picks, doesn't mean the team can only accept them.

I'd let Sherff walk for a 1st and a 3rd or something along those lines.

It seems like the new FO is intent on wiping away the remnants of the old staff/FO.. Norman, Trent, Moses, Sherff, etc.

I don't give a ****. let them all go as far as I'm concerned. None of them are irreplaceable imo. we've suffered 7-9, 8-8, 3-13 seasons with them, we won't die without them.

I'm all for letting him and any other holdovers walk in return for their cheap draft pick replacements.

11 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

It seems like the new FO is intent on wiping away the remnants of the old staff/FO.. Norman, Trent, Moses, Sherff, etc.

I don't give a ****. let them all go as far as I'm concerned. None of them are irreplaceable imo. we've suffered 7-9, 8-8, 3-13 seasons with them, we won't die without them.

I'm all for letting him and any other holdovers walk in return for their cheap draft pick replacements.

I don't think there's any evidence that the "new FO" (which has many of the same guys as the old front office) is "wiping away the remnants of the old staff/FO". Norman was overpriced and was cut. Williams was already out the door under the last regime. Mainly they just seem to be doing what every front office does, cut the overpriced players. Scheff looks like he's saying and Moses may too (but they appear to be trying to upgrade on him, so we'll see). But it's not like they're cutting Ioannidis , Allen , Payne, Guice, Peterson, SDH, Moreland, Collins, etc...

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

No news on the CBA? Didn’t the deadline pass at midnight? I’m not on twitter and haven’t seen anything regarding it. 

Probably no news until mid morning,the votes are being counted by a polling agency.

You had to figure Hooper would be on this list.

Austin Hooper, TE, Atlanta Falcons: Some of free agency's most puzzling deals can be traced back to reliable but unremarkable players reaping the rewards of a field short on true difference makers. That could be the case with Hooper, who might be poised to reset the tight end market despite falling short of George Kittle and Travis Kelce's class and benefiting from the attention opposing defenses gave to Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley. Hooper could still be an adequate option for a team with an established No. 1 target, but it's hard to reconcile giving more than $10 million per year to a pass catcher who has averaged just 43.8 yards per game and 10.1 yards per catch in the last three years.

I so hope that FA proceeds.  In years past we were able to conduct it over the phone, fax machine and now we have web cams.  Hopefully, the NFL lets it go off.  

59 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

You had to figure Hooper would be on this list.

Austin Hooper, TE, Atlanta Falcons: Some of free agency's most puzzling deals can be traced back to reliable but unremarkable players reaping the rewards of a field short on true difference makers. That could be the case with Hooper, who might be poised to reset the tight end market despite falling short of George Kittle and Travis Kelce's class and benefiting from the attention opposing defenses gave to Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley. Hooper could still be an adequate option for a team with an established No. 1 target, but it's hard to reconcile giving more than $10 million per year to a pass catcher who has averaged just 43.8 yards per game and 10.1 yards per catch in the last three years.

RR has seen this guy over his career and knows him since they played them twice a year.  RR has to know what kind of player he is.  :) 

9 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

So that means CBA is a yes then, Ameri Cooper will be a Redskin then I'm guessing, Cowpats can't use both tags. 

HTTR 

They can't but the odds Cooper lands here seems slim. Lots of competition out there...

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

They can't but the odds Cooper lands here seems slim. Lots of competition out there...

I think the Redskins are going to be very aggressive in FA, I'm expecting at least 3 Top Tier FA signings, I also think Williams will be Traded very soon which will put the Redskins at 75m cap space. 

HTTR 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I so hope that FA proceeds.  In years past we were able to conduct it over the phone, fax machine and now we have web cams.  Hopefully, the NFL lets it go off.  

:) 

We're roughly 24 hours for the "legal tampering" start. If the NFL is going to do something, it's waiting til the very last minute. Still not sure what the alternative is. If you delay, the issues are going to be around a while. It's not like 1-2 weeks will do anything. It'll likely be much worse. Plus, as you mentioned, you don't really need to do much in person. Yes, physicals need to get done eventually. But that doesn't prevent deals from being made. Redskins fans are familiar with FA deals being voided due to physicals (Ryan Grant, Bashaud Breeland). So the physicals do typically come later anyhow.

47 minutes ago, Jericho said:

We're roughly 24 hours for the "legal tampering" start. If the NFL is going to do something, it's waiting til the very last minute. Still not sure what the alternative is. If you delay, the issues are going to be around a while. It's not like 1-2 weeks will do anything. It'll likely be much worse. Plus, as you mentioned, you don't really need to do much in person. Yes, physicals need to get done eventually. But that doesn't prevent deals from being made. Redskins fans are familiar with FA deals being voided due to physicals (Ryan Grant, Bashaud Breeland). So the physicals do typically come later anyhow.

Sort of rose colored glasses man. Any voided deals due to a late physical would mean the team would have to re-enter free agency for a player and lose out on a depleted talent pool. There are only so many targets out there and if yours is a lemon it's a major setback.

54 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think Hooper is the first non-Redskin FA signing.  

I could see us making a strong early push for either Cooper or Jones from the pukes if they hit FA. If our intention is to bring a QB in then that market will be wild right from the start..Rivers a target? A less obvious choice, LB Joe Schobert as the first signing. Oh and what about a tackle.....:ols:

Archived