Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Where did I say "great back" regarding Jones, Dillon or a back in the 3rd or 4th round.

I said you can get a back in the 3rd or 4th round and don't see it being worth spending big money on a FA RB. We already have a couple good backs and IMO we need a compliment to then in a bigger back

Fair enough. We can just hang onto Barber then.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Fair enough. We can just hang onto Barber then.

Lol. He did okay. I have stated a few times I'd like to see a bigger guy with some receiving skills that perhaps can play some a FB. There will be a couple in the 3rd or 4th round range and perhaps some cheaper than Jones in FA. 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Lol. He did okay. I have stated a few times I'd like to see a bigger guy with some receiving skills that perhaps can play some a FB. There will be a couple in the 3rd or 4th round range and perhaps some cheaper than Jones in FA. 

I completely agree with you. I just get triggered by the "just grab one" rhetoric ya know. 

Stevenson is growing on me.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I completely agree with you. I just get triggered by the "just grab one" rhetoric ya know. 

Stevenson is growing on me.

Brian Robinson, Jr., Rhamondre Stevenson, Najee Harris, Javante Williams, Jarret Patterson (despite his size he’s an animal), Michael Carter (see Patterson), CJ Verdell are guys I like to fit the power/every down role. The first two are more power guys that may be able to develop as every down dudes.

22 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah we hear that a lot around here regarding TE's that can block, run and don't have hands of stone.

Likewise RB. We need one that can block well. We’ve suffered some ugly scenarios from our backs sucking at blocking recent times.

15 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

It is not glaring holes that worries me but the long term damage from the fail that almost always follows selling out for a free agent. A high end player who is allowed to hit FA by his team is  not likely to be as good as advertised. The FA signings that are great tend to be from signing guys who are not valued as highly as they should be (injury history, age or are not yet proven).

This is what i've been preaching since I joined this site over 2 decades ago. If a guy has a name and is hitting FA, then the question is why. The salary cap is a fictional reason beacuse teams can normally plan for cap increases and keep players they want. What really happens is that coaches know who the system relies on and who is just using the system. Its one thing to keep a role player who knows he's a role player or a legit starter at a role player's salary. But the role players who want to be paid like starters are a problem. 

We've gotten better (under Bruce) at keeping our own role players who wanted to be paid like role players and starters who want to be paid like role players. Heck even starters who want to be paid like starters (but messed up on Cousins). But a bad spot for us was paying role players on other teams who we expected to be starters here - like starters. Ron did a much better job at that last year and I hope that we continue it this season. It shows player development and scouting in the NFL level rather than just getting 'finished products'. 

Those Keim podcast notes are interesting. While this is an absolutely stacked WR class in the draft, it is also an absolutely stacked WR class in the FA cycle. Which, hopefully, combined with the draft stock keeps the cap on some of these guys. Obviously Robinson will get paid. I have to imagine Godwin and Golladay get the tag. But then the second-tier guys might have their prices impacted a bit by the influx. JuJu, Davis, Samuel, Fuller, etc.

We do have a lot of young WRs. Harmon and AGG are a bit TBD, so I can understand why the FO would want to potentially wait and see if/how they emerge. Sims and Sims have decent potential as well (particularly Cam, he looked the best).

To properly "Upgrade" your WR core on paper and in reality via the draft you need to land one of the Top guys and until recently WRs just didn't deliver in Y1 that often. We've tapped the draft well a bit the last few years so I can understand why the team would want to focus on bringing in an established guy to be the WR1/2 with McLaurin. I do think it makes sense to grab another guy in the draft in the R3-5 range.

Hypothetically, if we were to sign Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis ... I would expect a R3-5 drafted guy to come in, making the competition...

Locks: McLaurin, Samuel

Likely: Rookie, AGG, Harmon

Bubble: C. Sims, S. Sims

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

$800k for 6,7 plays a week. No film, still have trainers and free massages, spa room. Travel all over and you still get to party with the team. Never ever get hit or hurt. 

Stay medium my friends, stay medium.

Long Snappers Playbook:

Name                            Details

Field goal         Snap the ball to the holder

Punt                 Snap the ball to the punter

39 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

The salary cap is a fictional reason beacuse teams can normally plan for cap increases and keep players they want.

the impact of COVID and a potential cap drop to 175mil in 2021 has created an issue for several teams. but as a rule, I’d agree teams by and large are in full control of that situation.

38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

the impact of COVID and a potential cap drop to 175mil in 2021 has created an issue for several teams. but as a rule, I’d agree teams by and large are in full control of that situation.

I agree, but this year there are 12 teams that are starting out in the negative that will need to get creative ... and of those 12 there are about 7 that will have to shed substantial $$ meaning more "talent" will hit the market than normal. And on the other end of that, while there are 20 teams in the black, only 5-6 teams have capital to make multiple substantial plays (if they even wanted to). Usually you head into the off-season with a dozen or so teams with 40+ million in cap space and this year you only have 5. I think the combination of added talent hitting the market and teams having less money to spend than normal will drive some costs down and make some players more attainable than during a normal cycle.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't really want JuJu.  Plus is that he's REALLY young for a WR entering FA.  He's solid (and a heck of an upgrade over Cam Sims), but I don't think he's elite.  Depends on the price I guess.  Maybe he becomes like Robert Woods (another USC WR who emerged after FA).  

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't really want JuJu.  Plus is that he's REALLY young for a WR entering FA.  He's solid (and a heck of an upgrade over Cam Sims), but I don't think he's elite.  Depends on the price I guess.  Maybe he becomes like Robert Woods (another USC WR who emerged after FA).  

I mean, JuJu is the perfect slot receiver. But ... I am not a fan of his attitude. I feel like he'd be a bit of a locker room drama creator. He has put a lot more in terms of statistics than Woods had at this stage in their career. Smith Schuster exceeds (and in 3/4 greatly exceeds) the numbers Woods had in his first 4 years. Smith-Schuster's 2nd year statline has exceeded anything Woods has put down through 8 years, too.

Woods:

Y1: 40 - 587 - 3

Y2: 65 - 699 - 5

Y3: 47 - 552 - 3

Y4: 51 - 613 - 1

---------------------

Y5: 56 - 781 - 5

Y6: 86 - 1219 - 6 - 2018 breakout year

Smith-Schuster:

Y1: 58 - 917 - 7

Y2: 111 - 1426 - 7

Y3: 42 - 552 - 3

Y4: 97 - 831 - 9

JuJu's massive Year 2 came with Antonio Brown blowing up on the opposite side. But it was also a year that Big Ben dropped 5,000 yards I think. He had a solid year this year with Claypool and Diontae Johnson playing a 3-headed monster which diluted each one's "top end" production. But I would think with McLaurin on the outside and JuJu in the slot, you'd be more likely to see the statline be a floor of Y1 or Y4 and a ceiling of Y2 (we don't have the QB to give him or Terry that statline IMO).

JuJu's youth would change to whole outlook of our WR core. Dude is younger then Terry. An infusion of youth and talent like that would put that unit's greatest potential deep into the future. You would go from what we had a the start of this season, a young core that you hope can grow and produce, to a young core that you know will produce and will still grow. If your looking for the long haul, he would be a scary and possibly the best addition.

The antics should certainly give pause however, especially when you have impressionable young players already acting out a touch *cough* GIBSON *cough*. That rock can catch some serious speed rolling downhill very quickly.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would really love to know how the "league" and "inside the organization" actually view Heinike. I get the small frame and durability concerns, possibly less than elite arm strength...beyond those are there  other concerns people have (did I answer my own question)?

Believe me, I get the concerns above and I also would not want to put all my eggs in one basket and rely on him going into training camp. However the dude can play, he ran the offense on very short notice, showed he can put up numbers against a very good defense all without much support from the running game. Full preseason, training camp, get familiar with the receivers, less emphasis on putting everything on his shoulders and I think he is more than serviceable.

I believe at worst due to durability concerns, he's a strong #2 who can come in mid game without much drop off in productivity and also start a game or two as needed. It was painfully obvious around the league this last year the value of a good backup. 

Just now, FootballZombie said:

JuJu's youth would change to whole outlook of our WR core. Dude is younger then Terry. An infusion of youth and talent like that would put that unit's greatest potential deep into the future. You would go from what we had a the start of this season, a young core that you hope can grow and produce, to a young core that you know will produce and will still grow. If your looking for the long haul, he would be a scary and possibly the best addition.

The antics should certainly give pause however, especially when you have impressionable young players already acting out a touch *cough* GIBSON *cough*. That rock can catch some serious speed rolling downhill very quickly.

well maybe some of our guys could help him mature.  also he has agreed to stop dancing on other teams logos already, which is good cause the Cowboys star is the one logo where someone actually got laid of for doing something involving it

41 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

damn I was wanting us to get Robert Woods in FA. Ended up on a very reasonable deal too.

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

what happened with Gibson?

6 minutes ago, carex said:

well maybe some of our guys could help him mature.  also he has agreed to stop dancing on other teams logos already, which is good cause the Cowboys star is the one logo where someone actually got laid of for doing something involving it

Absolutely, and Rivera would have to be in his ear day one.

For all the dancing and staged antics for Juju, the thing that scares me the most is Claypool. Its clear that the large winning streak went straight to this guys head, (tweet history makes that clear) but I have to believe Juju has had a negative effect on him as well. Claypool looks like he is losing his dang mind right before our eyes. Can't let that happen here.

3 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

what happened with Gibson?

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/antonio-gibson-wave.jpg

A team that fields Gibby and Juju might as well paint a target on your QBs knees if you don't reign them in.

1 hour ago, carex said:

I don’t even think he’s immature. He’s done some cool things in his life. He went to prom with another dude after the dude’s date bailed on him. He sat with a kid who was eating all alone in high school (or college?). I think he just got caught up in the limelight but he doesn’t seem like a headcase at all.

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

team that fields Gibby and Juju might as well paint a target on your QBs knees if you don't reign them in.

Gibson waves to a rival player in a heated game and now he’s a potential problem child!?

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Gibson waves to a rival player in a heated game and now he’s a potential problem child!?

I agree with you. This opinion is unwarranted. If it was such a big deal he would have been flagged for taunting. Players wave and throw up peace signs all the time. I can understand the bad JuJu press though.

Archived