Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

12 hours ago, carex said:

Curtis Samuel has caught passes from Heinicke and Allen in his career

Samuel was like WR3 on the Panthers. Maybe even be less than that with a healthy CMc. While he would be higher in the peaking order on our own team, due to lack of talent, he is a far cry from WR1. He is not the kind of player I am referring to. Players like him who are not at the height of other premium players are obtainable to us.

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

They'll sign here regardless of what we have currently at the position.

Terry is a legit WR1, he is capable of producing regardless of who is at QB. Given a choice, unless you horrifically overpay, I don't see another WR1 choosing to make their careers catching passes from relative unknowns, or a QB who may/may not retire. Elite players tend to have elite goals. It would make the most sense to try to put themselves in the best position to achieve those goals.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Samuel was like WR3 on the Panthers. Maybe even be less than that with a healthy CMc. While he would be higher in the peaking order on our own team, due to lack of talent, he is a far cry from WR1. He is not the kind of player I am referring to. Players like him who are not at the height of other premium players are obtainable to us.

Terry is a legit WR1, he is capable of producing regardless of who is at QB. Given a choice, unless you horrifically overpay, I don't see another WR1 choosing to make their careers catching passes from relative unknowns, or a QB who may/may not retire. Elite players tend to have elite goals. It would make the most sense to try to put themselves in the best position to achieve those goals.

I want a WR2 considering we have a WR1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't want a receiver that is just interested in their "elite" goals unless it's to win.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I want a WR2 considering we have a WR1

Your in the same boat as a lot of others, which is perfectly fine. I'd prefer another WR1, like ARob to create a situation where you are no longer able to reliably roll coverage to Terry.

The problem with the argument of bringing in elite talent at WR is I don't see us having the ability to lure another WR1 without doing something at QB, or making a trade and forcing one to come here. As it stands, a player in the Samuel stratosphere is what were are looking at in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't want a receiver that is just interested in their "elite" goals unless it's to win.

Winning is a goal for many of these players, everyone wants to join a contender, but non-diva elite Wrs are a rare breed. Terry is in a small fraternity that was once headlined by L. Fitz... who himself was a diva at the beginning.

5 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

There is nothing I’m more against than paying a FA RB huge money. Find one example in the last 20 years that worked.

I was just going to say this. Aaron Jones is AWESOME. But he’s going to want a LOT of cash.

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Winning is a goal for many of these players, everyone wants to join a contender, but non-diva elite Wrs are a rare breed. Terry is in a small fraternity that was once headlined by L. Fitz... who himself was a diva at the beginning.

Let them go somewhere else then. I guarantee Rivera is not interested.

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Let them go somewhere else then. I guarantee Rivera is not interested.

It’s got little to do with desire to win or attitude or hunger. Given the choice, few elite WRs will choose to attach themselves to an unproven QB situation. The big FA WR fish tends to wind up in a situation that will allow them to continue to provide peak production. Very few elite WRs hit FA, but there is a clear trend that they gravitate towards certain places. Just recently we had Cooper choose to play w/ Dak and Brown went to play w/ Brady, twice… over multiple years.

Expecting an elite WR to come here of his own will in FA and pound sand b/c he has a hunger greater than Galactis is unrealistic when they can still get paid handsomely somewhere else while being paired with a QB of their choosing.

Do those type of players exist? Sure. But how many are WRs?

Maybe this offseason, where we are one of the few teams flush w/ cash will allow us to be in play for a player like ARob due to sheer attrition of NFL funding, but in a normal year, I don’t think the dude would look twice at us with our current QB situation. That is not a shot at his personal desire, will, hunger or whatever, just the nature of the league.

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I was just going to say this. Aaron Jones is AWESOME. But he’s going to want a LOT of cash.

I don’t even think he’s that good tbh. I think he’s the product of Rodgers’ absolute control of the game. I don’t trust Jones to be very effective if we’re running second rate QBs behind center prompting defenses to stack up the LoS.

Id honestly rather just have AJ Dillon.

This could be a case of Rivera wanting to add proven quality on the offensive side of the ball. We are much weaker on O. Free agent receiver and back as a minimum to bolster the group. The Titans TE looks a good one. QB up for debate.

Then in the draft, as you have a more confidence in the D, you go out and draft the missing pieces to plug in.

11 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I could see this too. Not sure what the cost would be, assume it would be front-loaded and a 2 year deal in reality (given how these have gone lately).

There are some things that could really help improve this offense and I think two of them would be adding a high-quality RB (on the cheap) and a legit WR2. Draft an OT and you suddenly have the makings of an excellent supporting cast.

Jones won’t come on the cheap. He’s likely the top RB free agent after 10mil per year easily.

On the cheap route should be via the draft for us.

16 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

No, because I assume we are rolling with Heinicke, Allen and a rookie outside of the first round.

Also, every other thread is about that position and it's annoying AF, so why even bother with it now.

Ok change of subject for you, what would you do at kicker.

edit...and long snapper :D

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ok change of subject for you, what would you do at kicker.

edit...and long snapper :D

If I ever have a kid, I'm going to groom him to be a long snapper. Why didn't anyone tell me that was a career option? I can't believe that's a thing. Is ours still Albright? The Red Snapper?

I hate the kicking game part of football. I don't care about the kicker as long as he kick gooder.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If I ever have a kid, I'm going to groom him to be a long snapper. Why didn't anyone tell me that was a career option? I can't believe that's a thing. Is ours still Albright? The Red Snapper?

I hate the kicking game part of football. I don't care about the kicker as long as he kick gooder.

wow, just looked back, it’s over 10 years since we had The Red Snapper. My God, where the hell has that time gone.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t even think he’s that good tbh. I think he’s the product of Rodgers’ absolute control of the game. I don’t trust Jones to be very effective if we’re running second rate QBs behind center prompting defenses to stack up the LoS.

Id honestly rather just have AJ Dillon.

He probably is a bit of a product of having Rodgers as the QB, he is still good. He however definitely isn't work a big contract. Hate the idea of spending the $ on a RB when you can grab one in the 3rd or 4th round.

AJ Dillon, now there's that bruiser I'd like to see in Burgundy and Gold

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

He probably is a bit of a product of having Rodgers as the QB, he is still good. He however definitely isn't work a big contract. Hate the idea of spending the $ on a RB when you can grab one in the 3rd or 4th round.

AJ Dillon, now there's that bruiser I'd like to see in Burgundy and Gold

If you can "just grab one" why doesn't every team already have a great back?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If I ever have a kid, I'm going to groom him to be a long snapper. Why didn't anyone tell me that was a career option?l

Exactly, let all the other kids dream of being qb and wr.  Every night in the backyard, snapping into the net.  Free ride to college, making about 800k a year for 15 years.  Then never have to work again.  And some pretty cool life experiences along the way.

That's a great plan.  Do you think sundberg and albright stand on the sidelines during practice and think "look at all those fools doing wind sprints".  And they leave the building at 3 saying, "have fun breaking down film in your positional meetings all night".

The life of a long snapper should be a movie.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Exactly, let all the other kids dream of being qb and wr.  Every night in the backyard, snapping into the net.  Free ride to college, making about 800k a year for 15 years.  Then never have to work again.  And some pretty cool life experiences along the way.

That's a great plan.  Do you think sundberg and albright stand on the sidelines during practice and think "look at all those fools doing wind sprints".  And they leave the building at 3 saying, "have fun breaking down film in your positional meetings all night".

The life of a long snapper should be a movie.

$800k for 6,7 plays a week. No film, still have trainers and free massages, spa room. Travel all over and you still get to party with the team. Never ever get hit or hurt. 

Stay medium my friends, stay medium.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

$800k for 6,7 plays a week. No film, still have trainers and free massages, spa room. Travel all over and you still get to party with the team. Never ever get hit or hurt. 

Stay medium my friends, stay medium.

I just told my 7 year old "forget your homework tonight, change of plans". Today is day 1 of an 11 year mission.  Operation long snapper.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If you can "just grab one" why doesn't every team already have a great back?

Where did I say "great back" regarding Jones, Dillon or a back in the 3rd or 4th round.

I said you can get a back in the 3rd or 4th round and don't see it being worth spending big money on a FA RB. We already have a couple good backs and IMO we need a compliment to then in a bigger back

Archived