Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

It doesn’t make sense for Houston to trade Watson. But it didn’t make sense to trade the best WR in the league either and they did that. And now they have completely pissed off the franchise player. It doesn’t make sense to trade Watson, but if he refuses to play for him, what will they realistically do? Bench him and get nothing? At some point, when the player doesn’t want to play for you, especially when he’s the leader of your team. You have to deal him. We are getting close to that point.

What would it take for us to get him? What would you give up?

I think it will take 3 firsts or two firsts and a player. I’m offering #19, a first next year, and Jonathan Allen.

I think that is good for both teams. I'd sleep like a baby after that trade knowing we would ve Super Bowl contenders the next decade. 

6 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I think that is good for both teams. I'd sleep like a baby after that trade knowing we would ve Super Bowl contenders the next decade. 

I think it solves so many problems. I love Allen but using him as a centerpiece for Watson eliminates the problem of figuring out how to resign everyone and only ("only") having to give up to firsts instead of a boatload of picks means we can still fix a lot of problems through the draft. We're going to lose one of our DL at some point to FA. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I think it solves so many problems. I love Allen but using him as a centerpiece for Watson eliminates the problem of figuring out how to resign everyone and only ("only") having to give up to firsts instead of a boatload of picks means we can still fix a lot of problems through the draft. We're going to lose one of our DL at some point to FA. 

I like Allen more as a trade centerpiece than Sweat. If we could get that done, it would change this franchise. 

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I thought that about a lot of things over the last 2 weeks. Now I believe they might. I could see Houston ending its football operations. 

Anything is possible but the Texans are starting the 2021 season at $20M in the red and if the NFL decides to raise the cap ceiling to $195M then the Texans are pretty much at net zero when it comes to cap space, teams that try to trade for him can't assume any of the accelerated dead cap hit to lessen the blow so it's all on Houston.  I guess they do have the option to split the $67M over the 2021 and 2022 seasons but that's brutal and I can't see them doing that.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No it isn't. Allen and Payne are not going anywhere. I know fans don't value those two like they should, but they are not leaving.

I think you’re confusing value and realistic. Unless Allen gives a discount someone has to go. We can theoretically keep all of them but the our entire offense would suffer.

I am completely aware of the frustrations. Trubisky is a complete enigma. But most importantly to me he’s a FREE AGENT that could be had at a modest price. When all is considered (draft picks, money, etc), I don’t entirely hate signing him and going into the season with Allen, Heinicke and Trubisky. We could stack up in FA and BPA in the draft and Trubisky has been a healthy player so I wouldn’t even see him as the presumed starter but mire injury insurance for the other two. 

Admittedly it doesn’t give us a franchise guy but it does give us three mobile guys that can execute our type of offense and allows us to build a superstar team around them. Many would hate it but I see it as a pretty decent option with an outside chance of a high side guy to excel if he wins a competition or has to come in for one of the other two. 

Personally the biggest downside I see is he doesn’t have the intangibles that even Heinicke does that really gets the team to rally behind him. But he his relatively healthy and durable. 

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No it isn't. Allen and Payne are not going anywhere. I know fans don't value those two like they should, but they are not leaving.

Thank you..hmmmm..defensive minded coach with the d coordinator we have..your more likely to see offensive players go before these two

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Fans tend to undervalue players because of glory stats.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I value Allen very highly. He’s the equivalent of a 1st round pick. If you want quality, you have to give it up. Otherwise, good luck finding a top tier starting QB. We have not had success finding it.

6 minutes ago, moondog said:

I am completely aware of the frustrations. Trubisky is a complete enigma. But most importantly to me he’s a FREE AGENT that could be had at a modest price. When all is considered (draft picks, money, etc), I don’t entirely hate signing him and going into the season with Allen, Heinicke and Trubisky. We could stack up in FA and BPA in the draft and Trubisky has been a healthy player so I wouldn’t even see him as the presumed starter but mire injury insurance for the other two. 

Admittedly it doesn’t give us a franchise guy but it does give us three mobile guys that can execute our type of offense and allows us to build a superstar team around them. Many would hate it but I see it as a pretty decent option with an outside chance of a high side guy to excel if he wins a competition or has to come in for one of the other two. 

Personally the biggest downside I see is he doesn’t have the intangibles that even Heinicke does that really gets the team to rally behind him. But he his relatively healthy and durable. 

Ugh. It’s a fine idea, but I just don’t think Trubisky is any good. There is a reason his team doesn’t want him. I’d rather trade picks for a real player if that’s what we have to do. But we absolutely can’t go into the season with what we have.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Heard Mike Tannebaum on the radio. He said he thinks the cost is 3 firsts AND a blue chip prospect.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Heard Mike Tannebaum on the radio. He said he thinks the cost is 3 firsts AND a blue chip prospect.

Interesting. That’s a lot. Not sure there will be a big market for that considering Watson has a massive contract as well. I don’t think I would be in play if that was the case, seems too rich for my blood. But I can understand it.

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why would our best Dlineman give a discount?

Didn’t he grow up a Washington fan? Also, he can see that the line could be something special and he can either be part of it for say 12 million a year or he can go try and be part of something in like Vegas for 15. We’ll see what’s a priority. 

5 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Interesting. That’s a lot. Not sure there will be a big market for that considering Watson has a massive contract as well. I don’t think I would be in play if that was the case, seems too rich for my blood. But I can understand it.

Miami may be in play still. Two 1s this year and I bet they can throw in a player and a couple of 2s and get it done. And if you’re Miami that doesn’t crush your draft capital too much and you get an elite QB. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Didn’t he grow up a Washington fan? Also, he can see that the line could be something special and he can either be part of it for say 12 million a year or he can go try and be part of something in like Vegas for 15. We’ll see what’s a priority. 

We're doing all these things to take advantage of our talent and pay it accordingly. Allen is a monster, just not in the stats. And a leader in the lockerroom. He's not taking a paycut, but he'll sign a fair worthy deal. It's just like Darby. He could probably go get a little more, but he wants to be on the TEAM.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They may be asking for that but I doubt they get it. They aren’t really in an position of strength. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

We're doing all these things to take advantage of our talent and pay it accordingly. Allen is a monster, just not in the stats. And a leader in the lockerroom. He's not taking a paycut, but he'll sign a fair worthy deal. It's just like Darby. He could probably go get a little more, but he wants to be on the TEAM.

I guess it depends on your definition of fair value. Even the most elite defenses of all time didn’t have this much talent in one specific area. I love every single one of our DL but right now it’s overkill. We saw what happened when they get neutralized. No one else stepped up on D.

Darby extension is going to haunt the team. That’s not a prediction. It’s a spoiler.

1 minute ago, sportsnut said:

His trade value should drop since he’s disgruntled, right?  Just like with Trent.

I think the difference is Watson will still play and collect 40 million while the team will still stink. Trent wasn’t gonna play and hes getting up there in age.

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They may be asking for that but I doubt they get it. They aren’t really in an position of strength. 

Eh. They could be. They have no obligation to get rid of him and I’m sure the coaching hire is going to be a guy he likes... I wouldn’t be the LEAST bit surprised to see them hire Bieniemy. 

If they trade him it will be for some obscene package. I don’t know if three ones and a player is it... I don’t know how connected Tannebaum is. But it will probably be extremely hefty.

Archived