Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

21 hours ago, KDawg said:

Najee would be my primary target. If not him we can get a very serviceable back that can carry a load in the 3-6 range. There are going to be some stud backs falling. I don’t think using a draft pick is tying up resources and I think getting a bellcow would do wonders for us AND Gibson’s health.

Having said that... your point about so many holes is exactly why I’m not comfortable trading massive resources for a QB.

Cutting Collins is silly. 

I am completely against trading draft picks for any potentially available QB not named Watson for the same reason. But it sounds like we may not even be able to jump in that game anyway so probably moot. 

https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/17/simulating-the-washington-football-teams-entire-2021-offseason/

I’d love these moves. Signing Samuel AND Robinson? Crazy but awesome. It’s really unlikely. But I do hope we can sign at least one top WR.

My only quibble is I would not take that QB at 19. I’m trading that pick to Detroit for Stafford, if he’s available. If not, I’m finding another answer.

36 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I know there is a split in interest, I am not certain I understand the negaitve side.....What are the negatives to bringing in a guy like Curtis Samuel? 

I’ve been all over us targeting Samuel for some time. I’d see his value at 6-8mil per year maximum. Over that, I would say the negative is what his potential market value becomes, ie, 10mil plus per year. Too much IMO.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Maybe I'm missing something but this talk of the Texans trading Watson is fantasy, they would accelerate $67M in dead cap if they traded him.

It's not happening.

not on a trade they wouldn’t. Release or cut perhaps.

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I thought that about a lot of things over the last 2 weeks. Now I believe they might. I could see Houston ending its football operations. 

Would be absolutely hilarious if Nick Caserio quit after stepping into this dumpster fire

It doesn’t make sense for Houston to trade Watson. But it didn’t make sense to trade the best WR in the league either and they did that. And now they have completely pissed off the franchise player. It doesn’t make sense to trade Watson, but if he refuses to play for him, what will they realistically do? Bench him and get nothing? At some point, when the player doesn’t want to play for you, especially when he’s the leader of your team. You have to deal him. We are getting close to that point.

What would it take for us to get him? What would you give up?

I think it will take 3 firsts or two firsts and a player. I’m offering #19, a first next year, and Jonathan Allen.

I don’t know how we should get it and I don’t know where we should get it.  But we have a serious need for a shutdown corner (maybe through the draft), a stud linebacker (maybe draft), a #2 wideout, and possibly a QB.

We’ll be better than we were last year.  Gibson will be one year better, Terry will be another year sharper and smarter, Chase will have a year under his belt.  I can’t wait.

Archived