Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Kelvin Harmon says "Please don't hold a WR with only a rookie year under his belt to the expectations of a 4 year veteran". Whoever our starting QB in 2021 is says "Please and thank you."

I mean I love Harmon, but unless he proves he's the guy he's not the guy.

https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/12/washington-football-team-signs-three-more-players-to-reserve-future-contracts/

The Washington Football Team continues to build its roster as they enter offseason mode.

After being beaten at the hands of the Tampa  Bay Buccaneers in the Wild Card Round of the 2021 NFL Playoffs, the Washington Football Team’s season came to an end. Now, they’re starting to prepare for the 2021 offseason and are filling out back-end roster depth on their 90-man unit.

On Monday, they signed 13 players to reserve/future contracts and parted ways with Shaun Dion Hamilton. And today, they have signed three more players via those reserve/future contracts.

According to the team’s official website, the players are:

• DB DeMarkus Acy
  • DB Torry McTyer
  • DE Daniel Wise

Click on the link for more

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean I love Harmon, but unless he proves he's the guy he's not the guy.

Honestly, what else did you expect out of him his rookie year once he began to see the field and had Haskins throwing to him?

-Over half of his catches for 1st downs? (Check)

-Over 12 yards per reception? (Check)

-ZERO (AS in None) dropped passes? C'mon man, no one has hands that good. (checks stats) (CHECK)

So I think he has kinda shown that he IS the guy when you want a steady possession receiver that gives a young QB a steady option.

34 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Honestly, what else did you expect out of him his rookie year once he began to see the field and had Haskins throwing to him?

-Over half of his catches for 1st downs? (Check)

-Over 12 yards per reception? (Check)

-ZERO (AS in None) dropped passes? C'mon man, no one has hands that good. (checks stats) (CHECK)

So I think he has kinda shown that he IS the guy when you want a steady possession receiver that gives a young QB a steady option.

I think you may be jumping the gun on a 6th round pick with 30 receptions coming off an ACL year but hey, who knows?

24 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

KJ is about the same age as London Fletcher was when we signed him. Super Bowl champion, too. Just saying. Although obviously not All-Pro like London had been twice.

Even though he wants a good deal, I'd be surprised if he got huge money.    The leadership/QB the defense aspect of his play hits what Rivera talked about wanting from his MLB -- in an interview I heard.  He's almost at an 80 as for his coverage skills via PFF.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Even though he wants a good deal, I'd be surprised if he got huge money.    The leadership/QB the defense aspect of his play hits what Rivera talked about wanting from his MLB -- in an interview I heard.  He's almost at an 80 as for his coverage skills via PFF.  

How would you compare Wright with Lavonte David?

16 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

How would you compare Wright with Lavonte David?

I haven't really studied either yet but from casually watching both and reading about both.   Wright strikes me as the poor man's David.  David being better both in coverage and run stopping.  But Wright isn't a mile behind.  David is about half a year younger.   If you go through their PFF scores both have been very consistent over the years.

If the current FA crop holds, they would both be my top wants.   Perryman being #3, his injury histury being a concern. 

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

KJ is about the same age as London Fletcher was when we signed him. Super Bowl champion, too. Just saying. Although obviously not All-Pro like London had been twice.

I would jump on that

59 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Which isn't saying something bad about him. There are maybe 6-8 guys on the roster who aren't in danger of being forced to prove their ability to be the guy next camp

I have all the faith in the world but until he shows he’s ready to be a steady contributor then I remain cautiously optimistic. No hate, just he has to take that next step. I don’t want him thrust into the role as a #2 or even 3 if he’s not ready. 

10 hours ago, UK Skins said:

Since we can't afford all three I am way happier with a Stafford/Robinson combo than Scherff and one of those two. I don't like paying any Guard that much money, especially an injury prone one, however highly rated. The money has to be better spent getting a veteran QB (since we seem to be missing out on the good QBs in the draft) and a quality receiver.

couldn’t agree more. I know plenty are high on the meaningless awards but the bottom line is scherff graded out on pff as very good. I don’t have a subscription, but I imagine that puts him too 10ish. And I’m surprised it was that high, I didn’t see a dominant player out there and certainly not a RG deserving of the kings ransom he will demand.

look at the bucs game, they have a solid run d, but they absolutely brick walled the right side of our line. That’s our “all pro” RG next to a “pro bowl” RT and a center who we just paid quite handsomely. 

if scherff isn’t contributing to a strong line then next man up... at 1/3 of the cost. We patched up the left side in that fashion and they were just as average.

our d is our strength and we need to focus on that. Bring back Darby and bring in a stud ILB, which I think we will. We have money to play with so I’d absolutely target a top tier wr on the offensive side of the ball. 

call me crazy as many did when I pleaded for heinicke to start this past week, but I’d sign the man. I admit I didn’t look into him until after the panthers game, but there’s too much to like about him. He can get thru 5 progressions in sub-3 seconds. Clearly he has an extremely high football IQ, has great pocket awareness and escapability and he’s pretty damn fast. An athletic nerd, I’ll take that any day. The ceiling is too high to pass up and the asking price should be more than fair.

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't really studied either yet but from casually watching both and reading about both.   Wright strikes me as the poor man's David.  David being better both in coverage and run stopping.  But Wright isn't a mile behind.  David is about half a year younger.   If you go through their PFF scores both have been very consistent over the years.

If the current FA crop holds, they would both be my top wants.   Perryman being #3, his injury histury being a concern. 

Why would Perryman be your #3? He had to get masked as a backup in LAC. He is an old school run stopper who is terrible in coverage

Not sure where this thought goes, but maybe it’s part of the Scherrf/offensive line rebuild thought. 

I’m surprised at how little we seemed to miss Trent Williams this year and last. Both times, we grabbed a guy practically off the street and both performed comparably. Maybe we’d have done better in the run game? Maybe a little better at pass pro, but once we got our guard situation settled, the tackle play looked fine.  

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Not sure where this thought goes, but maybe it’s part of the Scherrf/offensive line rebuild thought. 

I’m surprised at how little we seemed to miss Trent Williams this year and last. Both times, we grabbed a guy practically off the street and both performed comparably. Maybe we’d have done better in the run game? Maybe a little better at pass pro, but once we got our guard situation settled, the tackle play looked fine.  

God..who and the hell was the left tackle this year?

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

God..who and the hell was the left tackle this year?

Cornelius Lucas... I think. But the fact we don’t know his name because we’re cursing bad play, penalties, etc. kind of builds on my point. Invisible offensive linemen are good offensive linemen. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Cornelius Lucas... I think. But the fact we don’t know his name because we’re cursing bad play, penalties, etc. kind of builds on my point. Invisible offensive linemen are good offensive linemen. 

Lucas was a solid pick up and it’s good he’s still under contract in 2021.

Archived