Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Regarding the release of Hamilton:

https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/11/washington-football-team-releases-shaun-dion-hamilton-signs-13-to-future-contracts/

The Washington Football Team released Shaun Dion Hamilton, among other roster moves.

The Washington Football Team’s offseason is beginning this week, and they are already starting to make changes and build out their 90-man roster for the 2021 offseason. On Monday, they made several key signings to start that process and made the decision to release a veteran player.

According to the team’s official website, Shaun Dion Hamilton, a sixth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, has been released while the team signed 13 players to reserve/future contracts.

The release of Hamilton, who had just one season remaining on his rookie contract, is somewhat of a surprise. While he did only rank fifth among linebackers in terms of total snaps played on the season, Hamilton ranked second on the team with 309 special teams snaps. Only Khaleke Hudson (357) had more.

Hamilton did have 21 tackles on the season, too, but perhaps Washington felt that they need upgrades at the linebacker position and they don’t envision Hamilton being able to fill the starter or top backup role. If that’s the case, then getting rid of him makes sense, and it likely indicates that they will be looking for linebacker help this offseason.

As for the reserve/future contracts, those deals are, effectively, used to sign players to the 90-man roster before the league year begins in March. These players have to have been out of the league as of the end of the 2020 season, and usually, teams mostly sign their own practice-squad players via these designations.

Click on the link for more

...Several new questions have popped up for Washington; there is uncertainty at the quarterback position, and Rivera himself has said the team needs a middle linebacker. And yet, veterans like Morgan Moses are encouraged by the franchise's direction.

"I think the future is bright," Moses said after the game. "We've got a lot of great players. I wish we could've gotten it done today. We fell a little short. The future is bright. I feel great about the players that we have, and I feel great about the building that we'll be doing in this offseason, bringing in new players in the draft and those things. I look forward to it."

..."This is just the beginning with Coach Rivera and Coach Jack Del Rio," Young said. "I think it's going to be scary for the years to come. We're not letting our foot off the gas."

The offseason is a time for reflection, and there is certainly plenty for Washington to look at between now and September. But it is also time to look ahead and build on what was established in the previous season. Rivera built a foundation in 2020, and after three months of the wildest regular season in NFL history, it turned out to be a strong one. Now, the team isn't looking anywhere but up.

"We've got some really special guys," Rivera said. "This group, I think if we can grow and learn together and add on a couple more pieces, I think we have a shot next year. It'll be fun to watch. I'm just glad that we were able to give the DMV something to cheer about. I promise you one thing, like I said, we'll show up and we'll play hard."

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-outlook-2021-ron-rivera-building-promising-season

38 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Mychal Kendricks is about to get sentenced and go to prison lmao

With the COVID situation I'm not sure a white collar crime like this is getting jail time at the moment, especially since it's delayed sentencing

Can we please stop bringing up JHC? In his time here he hasn’t proven a single thing. He hasn’t seen much time on the field. 

Could he develop? Sure. But it’s similar to Foster last offseason... if he does it’s bonus. If we are in any way relying on him to be one of our backers we already lost. 

I am not downing him as a player or his ability to develop. I want to be clear here...

But...

In 4* (opt out this year) years he has 42 total tackles.

Its great if he shows up and balls out. And I never write anyone off... but again, he’s a bonus if he pans out. He should not be relied on to do so.

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Can we please stop bringing up JHC? In his time here he hasn’t proven a single thing. He hasn’t seen much time on the field. 

Could he develop? Sure. But it’s similar to Foster last offseason... if he does it’s bonus. If we are in any way relying on him to be one of our backers we already lost. 

I am not downing him as a player or his ability to develop. I want to be clear here...

But...

Its great if he shows up and balls out. And I never write anyone off... but again, he’s a bonus if he pans out. He should not be relied on to do so.

I don't think we actually need him to ball out to be useful to us.  A 4-3 team needs 6 or 7 LBs, of the guys we have under contract we have TWO who really showed they deserve to be here, Holcomb and Hudson.  Bostic doesn't for his salary and Jordan Kunaszyk did nothing at all

Just now, carex said:

I don't think we actually need him to ball out to be useful to us.  A 4-3 team needs 6 or 7 LBs, of the guys we have under contract we have TWO who really showed they deserve to be here, Holcomb and Hudson.  Bostic doesn't for his salary and Jordan Kunaszyk did nothing at all

Those aren’t the guys we need. We have a glut of them.

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But...

Yeah, I figured drafting Hudson was the answer to JHC.

Just now, KDawg said:

Those aren’t the guys we need. We have a glut of them.

not at LB.  We only have 5 under contract currently.  Not even any of the futures guys we signed yesterday are LB.  Right now that position is not a black hole of talent, it's just a black hole

8 minutes ago, carex said:

not at LB.  We only have 5 under contract currently.  Not even any of the futures guys we signed yesterday are LB.  Right now that position is not a black hole of talent, it's just a black hole

5 guys under contract at LB that are almost all special teamers. Again, you are perverting my point here. :ols:

12 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

In my mind, there are 2 big priorities going into free agency:  Re-sign Schereff and get Allen Robinson.  Protect whoever the QB is going to be and get him another big weapon on offense.

Allen Robinson is the top prize, but let's not forget about Kenny Golladay, Chris Godwin, Will Fuller, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis and Curtis Samuel.

Robinson is definitely my favorite, but he will be the most costly option. Idk if Golladay gets free of Detroit, or Godwin gets free of Tampa with the franchise tags, but I think there's a good chance JuJu, Davis, Robinson and Samuel shake loose. And if that's the case, any one of them make our team substantially better. I do like Will Fuller, but his injury history would make him riskier for sure, but it might also knock his price down a bit.

For me it isn't Robinson or bust. But we have to leave FA with one of those names that I mentioned.

Since we can't afford all three I am way happier with a Stafford/Robinson combo than Scherff and one of those two. I don't like paying any Guard that much money, especially an injury prone one, however highly rated. The money has to be better spent getting a veteran QB (since we seem to be missing out on the good QBs in the draft) and a quality receiver.

1 minute ago, steven11 said:

Aside from the Tiktok stuff putting a target on his back… think Juju's 2018 was a flash in the pan?

No. He actually had a really good year. He's a safer option for Ben closer to first down territory than deep threat. That team is so loaded at receiver with him, Washington, Johnson and Claypool. We would need JuJu to do what he's doing in Pitts. He doesn't drop many (3 drops on 128 targets), and more than 50% of his receptions were first downs. I don't want boom or bust receivers that will either drop a ball or run for 80 yards after the catch. Slow and steady wins the race with this defense.

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

He doesn't drop many (3 drops on 128 targets), and more than 50% of his receptions were first downs. I don't want boom or bust receivers that will either drop a ball or run for 80 yards after the catch. Slow and steady wins the race with this defense.

Kelvin Harmon says "Hi"

29 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Kelvin Harmon says "Hi"

Kelvin Harmon says "Please don't hold a WR with only a rookie year under his belt to the expectations of a 4 year veteran". Whoever our starting QB in 2021 is says "Please and thank you."

Archived