Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I totally agree in principal but he doesn't have the leverage that a player with a more establishrd resume does. RR needs to call that bluff IMO.

Teams don't need established resumes anymore. Did Ereck Flowers? Is his trajectory any different from Anthony Harris? Arik Armstead had 9 sacks combined in his first four years before having a big year last year and that got him 17 million a year WITH A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT. 

You show you can play in the NFL then teams will pay you.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't think so, although they're still out there, I can't remember any big FAs that Carolina ever signed when Ron was there. He's a firm believer in building through the draft and re-signing his own. 

I'm not sure how much you can really gather from Rivera's time in Carolina. For one, Rivera was never the GM. So he wasn't in charge of making those decisions. Another is the cap situation/owner situation was different. So it's not an apples to apples comparison. But Carolina did occasionally sign big names. Matt Kalil in 2017 or Dontari Poe in 2018 come to mind.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Teams don't need established resumes anymore. Did Ereck Flowers? Is his trajectory any different from Anthony Harris? Arik Armstead had 9 sacks combined in his first four years before having a big year last year and that got him 17 million a year WITH A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT. 

You show you can play in the NFL then teams will pay you.

With the caveat being demonstrating you can stay healthy.

48 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

LOLOLOLOL

They won’t even get Fuller. They completely whiffed on this FA and this might be an even worse team going into the draft than last year.

I think the team became infinitely better in an area where an upgrade was most badly needed - in the coaching staff and FO. Its beyond measure how much better we are than at this time last year. Plenty of time for moves to be made. I like the measured approach they're taking so far; shows they have a plan and are sticking to it and not just bowing to unreasonable $$ demands. Eager to see how the next 48 hours shake out. The draft is loaded, and I would also expect some moves to be made relative to increasing our available draft picks.

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

WOW.  I think Minny wins that trade simply because of the savings on salary.  The #22 can be used to take a much needed cheap WR (they have nothing outside Thielen).

Exactly, they can get a tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson on the cheap to pair with Josh allen for the long haul.  Never mind the 3 additional picks.  And when the buffalo weather kicks in and buffalo is pounding the rock, I'm sure diggs will enjoy that.  Terrible trade.

Archived