Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I disagree that TE’s are not worthy of money. But I agree In not going all in for Hooper or Graham. Would target a TE with a trade or in the 3rd. 

If you look at TE's across the league there seems to be a high rate of injuries to many of them....TE's get killed going over the middle and have a tough time staying on the field across the league. I could cite several examples including our own Jordan Reed. It just seems like a high risk position to overpay for a guy....

The Redskins are a poverty franchise. There is nothing we can do about that. They had a period of dominance eons ago but have been completely irrelevant for the past 30 years. It’s going to be nothing but garbage in FA and drafting mediocre talent as long as Dan owns the team. **** this ****.

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

The Redskins are a poverty franchise. There is nothing we can do about that. They had a period of dominance eons ago but have been completely irrelevant for the past 30 years. It’s going to be nothing but garbage in FA and drafting mediocre talent as long as Dan owns the team. **** this ****.

Nah, just wait for the first domino to fall and things will pick up here.....Give RR a chance.

So... FA has been UnderWhelming to this point and that’s ok I’m not outright complaining just wondering what the results are gonna be for our plan..

I can understand the argument of “hey let’s not spend big money just to go 7-9 8-8” but you still need to build, you still need to spend, you still need to crawl before you run. We won 3 games last year. I can’t imagine Kyle and Ron are high fiving over Bostic and Schweitzer, so I’m waiting to see what other shoe drops for us cuz right now it’s a little Eh...And I know this isn’t the plan, at least I hope.

Like what is the hold up on restructuring Kerrigan and getting Scherff signed long term. I Would have signed Flowers, still a bargain relative to other G’s. I understand why no Hooper, as long as you secure Ebron to pair with a draft prospect..

I obviously needed to manage my expectations better at least for this first day. Lesson learned. Come on Ron and Kyle let’s start to play the game..!

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Nah, just wait for the first domino to fall and things will pick up here.....Give RR a chance.

Oh yes get hyped about some more backup players. Get excited that we’re building a team like it’s 2007 when it’s 2020. “MUH TOUGH STRONG CULTURE GUYS”. No need to sign a corner who held his own against brutal NFC south WRs and created some of the tightest separation in the league.

3 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Oh yes get hyped about some more backup players. Get excited that we’re building a team like it’s 2007 when it’s 2020. “MUH TOUGH STRONG CULTURE GUYS”. No need to sign a corner who held his own against brutal NFC south WRs and created some of the tightest separation in the league.

The last big money corner we went all in for was a total bust. Sometimes free agency is absolute fools gold....We'll see if Byron Jones is worth it but many times free agents bust with their new teams. RR has been in the league for over 30 years and knows what he's doing...We will get our share of upgrades in the coming days.

Some teams have a philosophy of letting the first wave play out before they go spending....maybe you get better deals in wave 2, 3,4?????

When you are a 3-13 organization, you don’t go big splash in free agency.  The Redskins need to build through the draft and add depth in free agency.  Hopefully they can deal Trent Williams and obtain draft capital.  I wouldn’t expect the Redskins to go crazy early on in free agency.  That hasn’t worked for 30 years now.  Why think it will fix anything at this point?

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

When you are a 3-13 organization, you don’t go big splash in free agency.  The Redskins need to build through the draft and add depth in free agency.  Hopefully they can deal Trent Williams and obtain draft capital.  I wouldn’t expect the Redskins to go crazy early on in free agency.  That hasn’t worked for 30 years now.  Why think it will fix anything at this point?

This is true. I think we’ve all had our eye on today since the first few weeks of last season. Starved for something to smile about. 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Agreed. What worries me now is that we find someone to play left tackle who is good enough to keep Haskins healthy so that he can develop. I don't see any great options in free agency, and, even if we do get a second round pick for TW, I don't think we'll get a plug and play rookie OT unless we are quite lucky.

Ron R does not have a long history of big name free agent signings. I would not expect that to change. He prefers to build through the draft and get depth through FAs. The last thing this team needs is to use a bunch of cash to sign a few high priced free agents that do little to no good while they build the rest of the team out. The next few years they have several rookie contracts ending and will need some of that cash to resign them. I for one am glad they did not hit the new wire with some splashy signings.

It's less than 10 hrs into what was legal tampering and now has turned in to the start of free agency and people are throwing in the towel. You guys need to just relax and actually see what ends up happening.  

Image result for everything will be OK! gifs

I think it's premature to say they aren't going to be aggressive in FA.  Plenty of big names available. 

My take on FA is swing hard if you swing.  Otherwise, I'd rather not sign junk cheap FA's -- hate that.  I'd rather sign no FA's (and thereby carry the cap over) than cheapish guys who ultimately likely end up as throwaways.  But I've explained my take on that enough.  

My take on FA right now is that I am not excited about their approach or down on it.  I am neutral. We get plenty of time for it to unfold one way or another.   

I am somewhat optimistic about the roster, assuming Haskins is the goods?, so everything being equal I'd like to see an aggressive move or two.  I don't see this as a 3-13 roster.  I think a strong off season can take them to the playoffs. 

22 minutes ago, -JB- said:

No but 3-13 teams should not be getting worse during FA. The teams that normally get hammered are winning teams that can’t afford to keep all of their stars who are maximizing their value because of winning. 

People keep saying we’ll fix it in the draft but ultimately we have 1 pick to do that (since young is pretty much our first rounder). 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it's Chargers, Texans, Arizona and then whoever.  I don't want him here!

Texans don’t have the capital and Arizona basically already assured themselves of drafting their own LT with their first rounder. Chargers are basically it and they probably know it.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it's Chargers, Texans, Arizona and then whoever.  I don't want him here!

Seemed like most of the noise was with the Jets and Browns.  After today, wonder if there would be any interest left?  The Texans seem bizarre.  They going to pay bookend tackles each 20 million?  Granted the Texans do bizarre thing.  Wonder about Arizona after today -- we didn't hear much before today from them but now with Hopkins in the fold it makes since for them to draft a LT and this draft is loaded with them.   

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

No but 3-13 teams should not be getting worse during FA. The teams that normally get hammered are winning teams that can’t afford to keep all of their stars who are maximizing their value because of winning. 

People keep saying we’ll fix it in the draft but ultimately we have 1 pick to do that (since young is pretty much our first rounder). 

why is it just 1 pick? we got our #1/1.5 (depending on your opinion on McLaurin) wide receiver in the 3rd round, probable starting left guard in the 4th round, possible starting middle linebackers in a 5th and 6th rounder.

Archived