Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I'm assuming Schweitzer to battle with Martin for LG, with RR hoping Martin wins the battle.  I don't think this is a sign scherff is gone.  We needed a guard who can spot start, this is a decent depth option.  We will probably draft another midrounder.  

He's started a bit for the Falcons, but doesn't seem to have been able to keep a starting job.  Started all 16 for them three years ago, 13 the year after but that was apparently after someone got hurt and just 7 last year, but played in 15 so he wasn't missing it with injury

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Browns and Giants are shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue, meanwhile the Skins (who actually have more money to bring to the party) are digging through the scrap heap at Big Lots and Goodwill.... I thought Bruce was fired a few months ago???

Meanwhile the browns and giants get snubbed by the ladies in there fancy ass suits/outfits while teams like the ravens and Patriots are picking up women like crazy in there throw together outfits from Walmart...??

2 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Brockers in Baltimore too. Trying to top our future DL

Yep, Baltimore has been very aggressive thus far

Russell just said he heard from someone there they have a target at TE but want to wait it out, could take days for that player's price to lower assuming another team doesn't snatch said player

You need to remember Ron saw this guy twice a year throughout his pro career. I think signing him means we don’t have a lot of confidence in Wes Martin. You don’t pay a guy over $4 mill a year and agree to terms on the first day of FA to be a spot starter. If he was gonna be depth they bring in someone during OTAs. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, Baltimore has been very aggressive thus far

Russell just said he heard from someone there they have a target at TE but want to wait it out, could take days for that player's price to lower assuming another team doesn't snatch said player

Russell...lmao. People still listen to that guy?

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Browns and Giants are shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue, meanwhile the Skins (who actually have more money to bring to the party) are digging through the scrap heap at Big Lots and Goodwill.... I thought Bruce was fired a few months ago???

And they (Browns) are still gonna miss the playoffs again this year. I hope they make a strong offer for TW so he can see a bigger S show than he experienced here in DC. 

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

You need to remember Ron saw this guy twice a year throughout his pro career. I think signing him means we don’t have a lot of confidence in Wes Martin. You don’t pay a guy over $4 mill a year and agree to terms on the first day of FA to be a spot starter. If he was gonna be depth they bring in someone during OTAs. 

I agree, they're bringing him in to compete to start. 

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Definitely a little disappointing we weren’t more aggressive with our money. Littleton, Schubert, Boston, Emmanuel Sanders, Ebron, Logan Ryan, Fuller, Breeland...some amalgamation between these guys would make me happy. Otherwise what the hell are we doing?!!!!

Championship!!

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Definitely a little disappointing we weren’t more aggressive with our money. Littleton, Boston, Emmanuel Sanders, Ebron, Logan Ryan, Fuller, Breeland...some amalgamation between these guys would make me happy. Otherwise what the hell are we doing?!!!!

I'm okay with it from this perspective.

I think we have some good developing pieces, but we're pretty far from a Super Bowl team. So, what good is that premium high-priced free agent going to do? Will they boost us from 6-10 to 8-8? If so, who cares? 8-8 is a worthless record. Even 9-7 is fools gold most of the time. Unless Rivera thinks the Redskins are ready to gallop what I want to see are solid players who are meant to hold things together until we groom the rookies and first year players. I want to see the "Plan B" free agents. Those blue collar hard working glue guys.

On the other hand, I feel the same as you do. I see the gaping holes on the o line and at tight end and think... Come on, get the Professor to come up with a whacky scheme to patch the Minnow again. We've got plenty of coconuts!

7 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'd like to see Schobert in B&G.

Me, too or Littleton. 

7 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Russell...lmao. People still listen to that guy?

He's nailed a lot in recent years, the Scot story, the Doug promotion, the D coordinator interviews among other things.  So yeah if he's saying a TE is within sight, I buy that its likely. Heck does that story really sound like a reach?  it's intuitive as heck and dovetails off of Donaldson's report. 

Again, the idea is Rivera/Smith have their shopping list and know how much they are comfortable paying for the free agents on this list. They will not be moved to pay over that comfort level. It stinks when it keeps them from signing their targets. While this is not a rebuild, this is still a three year plan to get back to respectability first, then vie for the playoffs perennially. Hope it works!  @Burgold summed it the best though.

With 60+ million in cap room, I’m surprised we haven’t been more aggressive.  That said, there are still players to be had who can make an impact.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's nailed a lot in recent years, the Scot story, the Doug promotion, the D coordinator interviews among other things.  So yeah if he's saying a TE is within sight, I buy that its likely. Heck does that story really sound like a reach?  it's intuitive as heck and dovetails off of Donaldson's report

In fairness I’m not sure what he’s nailed since the regime change.  Julie seems to be the most plugged in.  And Keim is reading Twitter.  

Archived