Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Current wish list: Schobert, Boston, Fuller, and just maybe Cooper

Good with me, I'll add Daryl Williams to that list.  Donald Penn too.  I'd feel a lot better about the line and we could go into the draft not feeling too desperate for a certain position.  (I'm not losing sleep over sprinkle/hentges as worst case scenario for 2020)

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm expecting Cooper now because it seems every year we sign one ridiculous FA and then a plethora of bargain bin ones.

Not always, that was true last year but otherwise (Bruce era)?  Unless am missing one, the other big FAs were Desean and Josh both happening after the FA period where they were unexpected cuts so they had little competition for them. 

Eagles getting a lot of praise for this one from draft geek types

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not always, that was true last year but otherwise (Bruce era)?  Unless am missing one, the other big FAs were Desean and Josh both happening after the FA period where they were unexpected cuts so they had little competition for them. 

You could make a case for Paul Richardson in 2018

Cleveland beat guy on 106.7 just now, likes D. Randall, thinks Njoku is a bust, inconsistent hands and can't block

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You could make a case for Paul Richardson in 2018

I wouldn't call that a big signing.   It was a higher end tier B type like a Culliver type signing.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cleveland beat guy on 106.7 just now, likes D. Randall, thinks Njoku is a bust, inconsistent hands and can't block

I want to call that a big signing.   It was a higher end tier B type like a Culliver type signing.  

At the time it was a big splash. The only other major signing was Zach Brown, but i believe that was a few days later. Everyone else we signed were guys like McPhee and Phil Taylor. 

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Thanks for adding that list....I feel a lot less stressed.  Watching all these signings had me down, but there are many good options available.

Darby is another local guy who is super talented.  But obviously you got Breeland and Fuller as well.

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

At the time it was a big splash. The only other major signing was Zach Brown, but i believe that was a few days later. Everyone else we signed were guys like McPhee and Phil Taylor. 

Relatively speaking considering the type of low level players Bruce typically signs but it wasn't a blockbuster NFL signing.  I liked Richardson (I was wrong) but he was the Seahawks #3 receiver.   Heck if we signed Robbie Anderson, that would be much splashier.  And Amari Cooper would be a real splash in NFL terms-buzz.  

Ditto Zach Brown.  Tier 2 type of signing.  We were excited about it.    But he wasn't one of the top 10 FA's that year.  

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Relatively speaking considering the type of low level players Bruce typically signs but it wasn't a blockbuster NFL signing.  I liked Richardson (I was wrong) but he was the Seahawks #3 receiver.   Heck if we signed Robbie Anderson, that would be much splashier.  And Amari Cooper would be a real splash in NFL terms-buzz.  

Ditto Zach Brown.  Tier 2 type of signing.  We were excited about it.    But he wasn't one of the top 10 FA's that year.  

I mean it was like the 3rd of 4th biggest WR signing of the summer behind Allen Robinson and I believe Sammy Watkins.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean it was like the 3rd of 4th biggest WR signing of the summer behind Allen Robinson and I believe Sammy Watkins.

Yeah but that's like saying Eifert is the third biggest TE on the market when whomever signs him since its a thin market at that spot.  Richardson wasn't a marquee big name WR where it was a big splash.   He wasn't even a #2 WR at Seattle.  It was a tier B type of player -- the equivalent of lets saying signing B. Martinez in this FA crop or Culliver or Pea years back. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Glad we passed on Hooper and Graham, TE's get hurt too often to spend crazy money on them. Spend on corners and a safety.....grab a TE on the next wave or so. 

I disagree that TE’s are not worthy of money. But I agree In not going all in for Hooper or Graham. Would target a TE with a trade or in the 3rd. 

Archived