Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just now, goskins10 said:

Looks like $15M/yr - about what Norman was paid and everyone hated that contract. I know it was 4 yrs ago - but it was just 4 yrs ago and Bradbury was never as good as Norman - not ever. Glad to see the giants waste money. 

Didnt say it was a great contract. Just not a terrible one. For his body of work and the current market it is about on par.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

My biggest takeaways would be a LB and FS. That’s what I really want out of FA.

Give me Littleton and just about any FS... they’d all be upgrades at this point.

We have needed a FS since Sean Taylor. Have never really filled that role properly - not that they didn't try. But never got the right person. To me a great FS can change your entire D. 

Saw some criticism of Keim earlier you can now add JP Finlay to the list. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/if-redskins-are-willing-chase-amari-cooper-why-didnt-they-go-after-deandre-hopkins

"....Chasing Cooper in free agency means competing with likely a handful of NFL teams. Dealing for Hopkins just meant calling Houston, though it also required giving up draft capital and taking on Johnson's salary. ...."

He basically justifies not going after Hopkins (over Cooper) because Johnson's salary would be too much??????  What would Johnson have had to do with anything if the Redskins had traded with the Texans for Hopkins?

Yea Bradberry to Giants for only $15 mil a year probably means no bidding war from Skins. Ron probably had a reason. Of course Gettleman could have pushed the fact he drafted him. 

Bryon Jones is asking for $18 mil and just agreed to Dolphins.  I can’t believe a guy who has one pick in 3 years will get that much. Can you say Namdi Ass

1 minute ago, panahoo said:

Thats...... interesting

I guess Ron isn’t a big fan of our current Wes’s and had to get a different one. 

1 minute ago, panahoo said:

Didnt say it was a great contract. Just not a terrible one. For his body of work and the current market it is about on par.

I made no comment to what your intent was. I didn't even reference you. The other person asked about the money. So I responded. 

I actually don't care about the amount. I was only making the point that $15M/yr was what Norman was paid and people pissed and moaned all the time about that contract.   

More importantly than the money for me is that RR was not sold on him enough to pay him. If RR liked him I could care less what they paid him - But RR was not interested so that was good enough for me regardless of the money.  

Just now, goskins10 said:

I made no comment to what your intent was. I didn't even reference you. The other person asked about the money. So I responded. 

I actually don't care about the amount. I was only making the point that $15M/yr was what Norman was paid and people pissed and moaned all the time about that contract.   

More importantly than the money for me is that RR was not sold on him enough to pay him. If RR liked him I could care less what they paid him - But RR was not interested so that was good enough for me regardless of the money.  

Sorry. Misunderstood the response. All good. Im right with you. Just fine with not signing him if RR and JDR did not want him.

5 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:
#Redskins are signing former #Falcons G Wes Schweitzer, source says. He gets $13.5 million over three years.

I don't mind it, worst case scenario he has to start and it's a band-aid until the draft/next year.  Best case scenario, he is a back up for Wes as someone with starting experience.  As long as this is because we still plan to grab Fuller, Breeland, and Tre and we have to conserve our money....worse options out there I guess :shrug:

Archived