Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

6 mil per, that's around a 6th round comp pick if it doesn't get cancelled out.  About a 4th for flowers deal.

Good for Case.  His experience in Washington shouldn't be held against him, 2019 in DC was a disaster.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because it's probably gonna end up only being a 2 year deal for 30 and Conklin will then hit his massive deal at the age of 27. Probably not a lot of teams interested in short term deals only. 

Why are we assuming the Browns are willing to pay him 15 mil per year for two years but then not 12 mil for the third?

Not gonna lie, I know it's still early but not real impressed with this offseason so far.

No restructures (Kerrigan)

no trades (trent)

No FA signings, and no added draft picks.. I wonder what their plan is and how they are going to go about improving this team.

The Conklin deal was reasonable, Vaitai as well..

It looks like we're taking the Brucifer approach to FA negotiating this year. I just hope we don't end up with a bunch of marginal FA's, but it looks like that's where we're headed.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I'm cooling on Cooper after listening to Irvin on NFL Network talk about how much he loved being in Dallas and their fans. 

Yeah Cooper multiple times this off season touted how much he loves the Cowboys, loves the attention they get, loves the facilities, on and on.  That's why most seem to be betting on him staying in Dallas.  The rap seems to be the Dallas FO loves Cooper and Cooper loves Dallas.  So surprised they don't have a deal.  I am still in on Cooper, regardless, but I figure its a long shot.  

Just now, crabbypatty said:

Not gonna lie, I know it's still early but not real impressed with this offseason so far.

no trades (trent)

No FA signings, and no added draft picks.. I wonder what their plan is and how they are going to go about improving this team.

It looks like we're taking the Brucifer approach to FA negotiating this year. I just hope we don't end up with a bunch of marginal FA's, but it looks like that's where we're headed.

It's not even that, it's that we've made zero movement on our own disgruntled players. Trent still wants out, Scherff is on a tag and Dunbar is unhappy. There's been no positives so far this offseason. 

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

no trades (trent)

First year with RR and Kyle Smith running things.  They need to be given a chance, man.  It's the first day.  Let things play out w/FA and the draft and coaching and then let's come back to how things feel into place.  :)

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

It's not even that, it's that we've made zero movement on our own disgruntled players. Trent still wants out, Scherff is on a tag and Dunbar is unhappy. There's been no positives so far this offseason. 

zero movement on anything at all. Like I said, I know it's still early, but there has been a ton of time to make needed roster moves/restructures/resignings. So far we've done nothing on any of those fronts. It's disappointing. I'm curious to see where they're headed and what the plan is, but so far it looks like the Bruce Allen style of management.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

First year with RR and Kyle Smith running things.  They need to be given a chance, man.  It's the first day.  Let things play out w/FA and the draft and coaching and then let's come back to how things feel into place.  :)

I think they are both taking a nap. 

I posted this earlier. Donaldson has been fairly plugged in.  So if this is the case then it doesn't sound they are shooting high as for marquee type FAs.  But I guess will see. 

If I understand Keim right that they haven't even't kicked the tires today on Cooper then it sounds like maybe Donaldson is on to something because it plays into her point about receivers. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted this earlier. Donaldson has been fairly plugged in.  So if this is the case then it doesn't sound they are shooting high as for marquee type FAs.  But I guess will see. 

If I understand Keim right that they haven't even't kicked the tires today on Cooper then it sounds like maybe Donaldson is on to something because it plays into here point about receivers. 

Yes, and I'm ok with that as a fan.  If they go Tier 2 players that can play to fill holes and we have MUCH better respected coaches than we had especially on D than it makes sense.  The Bostic signing was a very good one.

8 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

no trades (trent)

Still some big names out there.....maybe we're waiting for the post-June 1st cuts to make our big splash? 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, and I'm ok with that as a fan.  If they go Tier 2 players that can play to fill holes and we have MUCH better respected coaches than we had especially on D than it makes sense.  The Bostic signing was a very good one.

Depends on who they sign and how tier B is defined.  

This team hasn't been hot at playing the tier 2-tier 3 market -- Culliver, Pea, Atugwe, McClain, etc.  Tier 3 has been though much worse - Reyes, J. Johnson and just a lot of junk players.   I recall randomly looking at other teams years ago on the same point, and found the same thing at least with the teams I looked at.

If someone like Garcon is defined as tier 2, then I am cool with those types.  Emerging young players.    But overall, I hate buying 5 goods at Target and hoping they fill holes versus an item or two at a high end store. 

The skins have been killed for years because of overpaying big name free agents.  Winning the race to win the offseason hasn’t worked out so far on the field.  I’m all for a new strategy of not paying premium or over inflated prices for free agents.  In the words of Aaron Rodgers- R-E-L-A-X.  I’m sure they have a plan of who they want to target and at what cost; let’s let it play out before we kill them.

Archived