Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, actorguy1 said:

Again, the idea is Rivera/Smith have their shopping list and know how much they are comfortable paying for the free agents on this list. They will not be moved to pay over that comfort level. It stinks when it keeps them from signing their targets. While this is not a rebuild, this is still a three year plan to get back to respectability first, then vie for the playoffs perennially. Hope it works!  

I agree. C’mon guys are we one or two players away from winning it all or even making the playoffs?  Hell we don’t even know for sure if we have the right quarterback. I realize in the age of immediate gratification this FA sucks so far but patience. 

The problem with not addressing our OL is it completely stunts the growth of the entire offense. We'll never fully know what we have in Dwayne and Love and Guice if we have a patchwork OL. If no Scherff that means we're hoping for mediocre play once again without Flowers, Penn, Scherff, Still no Trent and also no Bill Callahan to work his magic. If the line completely falls apart, it's unfixable during the season. It effects Dwayne and then we'll have no way of really being able to evaluate him. We have one pick in the first 65 and it's basically going towards a franchise player at a position that's not necessarily of need. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

With 60+ million in cap room, I’m surprised we haven’t been more aggressive.  That said, there are still players to be had who can make an impact.  

In fairness I’m not sure what he’s nailed since the regime change.  Julie seems to be the most plugged in.  And Keim is reading Twitter.  

There has been nothing to nail within the new regime, so he's being tested on that front now.  Redskins scoping out a TE and want him at a good price -- that doesn't seem to be a wild ride-leap of logic where it begs to doubt it IMO. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

I agree. C’mon guys are we one or two players away from winning it all or even making the playoffs?  Hell we don’t even know for sure if we have the right quarterback. I realize in the age of immediate gratification this FA sucks so far but patience. 

And we won't know if our OL gets picked apart like this. Last year we had unexpectedly good seasons from Flowers and Penn largely in part to Bill Callahan's influence. All three of those are gone and Scherff may be as well. It's one thing to want instant gratification, but this team is getting worse by acting too smart for its own good and letting our weakest positions get weaker. 

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Still don't understand why some get so involved with what a player makes...unless you manage the money for the team why spend the time and effort delving into it so much...I'm starting to think some y'all completely forget how to be a fan...

Money's become part of the game. It's the offseason sport. Plus, I suspect people who love fantasy football mentally invest themselves into the cap because they enjoy the mental challenge of being an armchair GM.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Still don't understand why some get so involved with what a player makes...unless you manage the money for the team why spend the time and effort delving into it so much...I'm starting to think some y'all completely forget how to be a fan...

Is it really that difficult to understand? Sure, YOU don’t care how much a player makes, but some fans choose to be fans in different ways, one way is to want their favorite team to be smart with their money. Hence why they care how much money a player makes 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Me? I don’t give two ***** how much money we give to a player. Not my money, not my problem. Others feel differently, and that’s fine. 

Just now, max21 said:

Didn’t the Dolphins just sign Howard to a huge deal also? So they now have the 2 highest paid corners on their team? Kinda wild I guess 

Because rebuilding in the NFL is no longer a 4-5 year plan. With rookie salaries so low and the transition from FBS to NFL much more seamless, the best time to strike is when you have a bunch of guys on rookie deals and stock up on certain positions with elite talents. 

Both Byron Jones and Conklins contract seem pretty front loaded.  So as the cap jumps in the next few years, each of those guys will see their base salary be well below market value in the back end, only fueling discontent.  Overpay on the front end, deal with a headache on the back end.  Bc as we discussed on the Trent thread, athletes should honor the whole contract when it's front loaded, but often they don't.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Money's become part of the game. It's the offseason sport. Plus, I suspect people who love fantasy football mentally invest themselves into the cap because they enjoy the mental challenge of being an armchair GM.

To each there own..I'm not out to bash..maybe strike conversation..."hey tater, this is why I get so involved".....

When free agency hits and big-name players go to other teams the only thing that runs across my mind is to remember to pay attention to that team and that player for instance the Miami Dolphins my best friend is a big fan of so I'll check in with him for reports on flowers and for Jones and watch some Dolphins Primetime games to see how they do and it's like that with other teams of course like everyone else I'll pay attention to how the Browns do but that's it... maybe those who get involved so much on a player salary or contract is because they are trying to become a manager of some sporting team of some sort and they're practicing I don't know I don't get it... oh and don't get me started on fantasy foosball..

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

With the amount of talent we are about to have on the DL, yes I fully expect to be competitive in the east next year, and you all should too. 

They are going to be the same exact team except with Chase Young. Don’t expect ****.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

With the amount of talent we are about to have on the DL, yes I fully expect to be competitive in the east next year, and you all should too. 

With the amount of talent we have on the DL, we have literally the opposite of that on the OL.

Think about it. Depending on Scherff, Morgan Moses is our anchor and it's not even close.

Yes... this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHvOq-7dzQ4

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Because rebuilding in the NFL is no longer a 4-5 year plan. With rookie salaries so low and the transition from FBS to NFL much more seamless, the best time to strike is when you have a bunch of guys on rookie deals and stock up on certain positions with elite talents. 

I understand that but I don’t really see the need for having the 2 highest paid corners on your team, and they must be really betting on getting their QB in this years draft. And IIRC Howard didn’t live up to his hype/contract last year 

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And we won't know if our OL gets picked apart like this. Last year we had unexpectedly good seasons from Flowers and Penn largely in part to Bill Callahan's influence. All three of those are gone and Scherff may be as well. It's one thing to want instant gratification, but this team is getting worse by acting too smart for its own good and letting our weakest positions get weaker. 

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What makes you think Schreff is gone?  You also assume Callahan made our offensive line but in some ways we had an awful offensive line especially in pass blocking. I shed no tears for him not being here. 

Archived