Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

I understand that but I don’t really see the need for having the 2 highest paid corners on your team, and they must be really betting on getting their QB in this years draft. And IIRC Howard didn’t live up to his hype/contract last year 

Howard also has a stupid low dead cap hit after this year (4.2). I don't expect him to be at or near his salary come 2021. He's also been surpassed twice already this offseason.

27 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

You need to remember Ron saw this guy twice a year throughout his pro career. I think signing him means we don’t have a lot of confidence in Wes Martin. You don’t pay a guy over $4 mill a year and agree to terms on the first day of FA to be a spot starter. If he was gonna be depth they bring in someone during OTAs. 

4 Mill is chump change in todays NFL.

Our OL coach is well respected.  He saw our new OG/OC 2x a year.  He has to see something in him for us to sign him.  Bostic fits a 4-3 better than the 3-4 and JDR has a plan on how to utilize him.  I'm not gonna question our respected coaches.  

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is it really that difficult to understand? Sure, YOU don’t care how much a player makes, but some fans choose to be fans in different ways, one way is to want their favorite team to be smart with their money. Hence why they care how much money a player makes 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Me? I don’t give two ***** how much money we give to a player. Not my money, not my problem. Others feel differently, and that’s fine. 

Than they should go out and buy a team...seriously man the difference in how fans....fan?...is(to me)an ugly ass difference ....thank god for fans like ladyskinsfan and skinsmarydu...

Just now, RWJ said:

Our OL coach is well respected.  He saw our new OG/OC 2x a year.  He has to see something in him for us to sign him.  Bostic fits a 4-3 better than the 3-4 and JDR has a plan on how to utilize him.  I'm not gonna question our respected coaches.  

Sometimes we forget that we are no longer being led by Brucie and Jay.

Hard to overcome multiple years of ingrained skepticism.

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

What makes you think Schreff is gone?  You also assume Callahan made our offensive line but in some ways we had an awful offensive line especially in pass blocking. I shed no tears for him not being here. 

With this kind of money and all the drama surrounding Trent and Dunbar, why would you think they're offering him anywhere close to what he wants? It should have been done by now and losing your other guard only gives Scherff more leverage. We simply can't afford to lose him now because that means we're starting over again with 3 new OL on the line to go along with a new coach and still rookie QB. This has disaster written all over it. 

The line was only as good as it was because of Callahan. I don't shed a tear losing Flowers because he's good but not great. But the combination of Callahan and Ereck made him great. You can't expect him to work miracles with every single reclamation project that we sign. Last I checked, we still don't have an LT. 

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Than they should go out and buy a team...seriously man the difference in how fans....fan?...is(to me)an ugly ass difference ....thank god for fans like ladyskinsfan and skinsmarydu...

You choose to be a fan in a different way, just like thousands of others choose to be fans in different ways too. Who gives a ****? I dont, and I’m not sure why you do 🤷🏻‍♂️Almost every sports fan has nowhere near the amount of money to buy a sports team, so “they should go out and buy a team” is silly. You’re better than this. 

7 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

They are going to be the same exact team except with Chase Young. Don’t expect ****.

We had the youngest starting lineup in the NFL last year with a front office and head coaching change. Yes I fully expect a minimum of 9 wins, but possible 10 next year unless we inexplicably draft someone other than chase young. 

Scherff is likely to net a deal before Dunbar and Williams and likely at a decent rate because: 1) he hasn’t been a malcontent, 2) Trent did this to himself with asking for north of $20M.

Were fine. There are so many good options remaining in FA. 

I think the coronavirus is mentally wearing some of you out. At least give it a few days before we start to panic :ols:

Ideally, I think the goal is 7-9 to 8-8 for 2020 with noticeable improvement from Haskins. Year 3 of Haskins (2021) goal should be 9-8 to 11-6 and playoff contention. Year 4 of Haskins (2022) is the expected to make a run in the playoffs year with the chance to pick up Haskins 5th year option. That's how it will go (fingers crossed)

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You choose to be a fan in a different way, just like thousands of others choose to be fans in different ways too. Who gives a ****? I dont, and I’m not sure why you do 🤷🏻‍♂️Almost every sports fan has nowhere near the amount of money to buy a sports team, so “they should go out and buy a team” is silly. You’re better than this. 

Yeah..I was gonna delete the whole go buy a team thing...maybe it's my way of trying to strike a conversation?..maybe I truly wanna know how these folks enjoy getting involved in the numbers game.

Just now, KDawg said:

Scherff is likely to net a deal before Dunbar and Williams and likely at a decent rate because: 1) he hasn’t been a malcontent, 2) Trent did this to himself with asking for north of $20M.

Were fine. There are so many good options remaining in FA. 

I think the coronavirus is mentally wearing some of you out. At least give it a few days before we start to panic :ols:

That would have been good advice for the virus too....

Just now, actorguy1 said:

Ideally, I think the goal is 7-9 to 8-8 for 2020 with noticeable improvement from Haskins. Year 3 of Haskins (2021) goal should be 9-8 to 11-6 and playoff contention. Year 4 of Haskins (2022) is the expected to make a run in the playoffs year with the chance to pick up Haskins 5th year option. That's how it will go (fingers crossed)

Bull ****...15-1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I think if anyone knows Bradbury it's Ron R. If he is not interested he must have a good reason.  

I would have been good with the skins giving bradberry this contract, but the fact that Ron passed on giving him the contract that most predicted in terms of aav, but was only 3 years, makes me feel better that he has a better plan in place.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

With this kind of money and all the drama surrounding Trent and Dunbar, why would you think they're offering him anywhere close to what he wants? It should have been done by now and losing your other guard only gives Scherff more leverage. We simply can't afford to lose him now because that means we're starting over again with 3 new OL on the line to go along with a new coach and still rookie QB. This has disaster written all over it. 

The line was only as good as it was because of Callahan. I don't shed a tear losing Flowers because he's good but not great. But the combination of Callahan and Ereck made him great. You can't expect him to work miracles with every single reclamation project that we sign. Last I checked, we still don't have an LT. 

Have you seen the number of players that have been tagged this year? Any of those guys definitely leaving. Sure it could happen but you’re assuming it’s done. 

I actually didn’t wanna see Flowers go but he wanted too much. You can’t pay both guards Scherff and Flowers top money so maybe the money they save not paying Flowers goes to Scherff. 

Archived