Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, RedskinsNC78 said:

Steve Smith saying on the NFL Network that the Skins would be a great fit for Clowney. Then we could pass on Chase Young and draft a QB.

If that scenario happen I would throw a temper tantrum the likes noone has ever seen. Lol

So you are going to pay top dollar for Clowney when you can have Young on the cheap for 5 seasons? No thanks.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wonder if we try to pry Drake off the Cardinals hands.  Hope not, but apparently we love him.  It would have to be a significant deal, as he's on the transition tag.

I think they tagged him largely because they knew the Johnson trade was imminent. They traded a draft pick for him and then were willing to pay the amount of the Transition tag for him, they seem to value him highly, probably more so than other teams. 

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

They traded Johnson, I don't think there is any deal they wouldn't match.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

I think they tagged him largely because they knew the Johnson trade was imminent. They traded a draft pick for him and then were willing to pay the amount of the Transition tag for him, they seem to value him highly, probably more so than other teams. 

Right.  I agree.  Just throwing it out there given how much our beat guys have been saying we're keen on Drake.  I'm really hoping we don't do it, but these are strange times.

50 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Another classic one of those leaker stories where a reporter is just a mouthpiece for a team looking to see if there's another GM in the league as stupid as Bill O'Brien. You can't trade Gurley's contract/knees. You can't. You can basically sell a team picks to take off that salary, but you will not be getting back anything of value other than cap space in such a deal. To deal Gurley you'd probably have to throw in a first, or multiple day 2 picks at minimum while getting NOTHING back. 

The idea that the rams could get anything of value other than Gurley off their cap is ludicrous. How many fans around the league would buy something so stupid as "gurley being shopped". Nobody on earth would.

His contract is as poisonous in the NFL as John Wall's is in the NBA. Nobody, not even that idiot in Houston, would trade for Gurley. They'd trade for the pile of picks you threw in with that poison pill contract, but not for the player. 

Woah 49ers just got the Colts 13th overall pick for DeForest Buckner! Talk about getting a return on your investment. Now they can reload with a similar pick to the one they spent on him, while the Colts pay him a massive deal

The whole Stefon Diggs thing is getting old. I agree with the random twitter guy that said he tweets ominous things whenever he’s mad or throws a fit, and then the Vikings say they have no intentions of trading him. 

NOTHING is going to happen 😂😂😂 sorry to break the hearts of those who want him on our team 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So long Ereck Flowers. Rivera must have confidence in Wes Martin.

Im not surprised by that, if you like Martin and you are about to pay Scherff, theres no sense in signing 2 guards to long term deals right in front of the one you just drafted.  Instead, Martin is now your other starter and you pick up another prospect in the draft you hope unseats one of them in 2-3 years.

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Redskins better get off there arses. How in the world does DeAndre Hopkins get traded and we not be in on it. Particularly when it was a straight up trade. David Johnson? WTF?!!!

It wasn't a straight up trade.  Cards give a 2nd rd pick which the Skins don't have. 

7 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Redskins better get off there arses. How in the world does DeAndre Hopkins get traded and we not be in on it. Particularly when it was a straight up trade. David Johnson? WTF?!!!

It wasn't straight up, the Cardinals also dealt a 2nd rounder that we don't have. 

Archived