Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

20 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

So we'd look like this right now?

DEs -- Sweat/Kerrigan/Young (most likely)
DTs -- Allen/Payne/Ionnidis/Settle
OLB -- Anderson and Bostic?
MLB -- Holcomb?
CBs -- Dunbar/Moreland/Morneau
S -- Collins/Nicholson

Foster could play MLB or OLB. Two problems there: 1) he is our best at both spots, but given a total lack of anything at OLB, he will have to play there and SDH/Holcomb will need to play MIKE given our current personnel. 2) He is a walking injury.

Otherwise, yes. But I can’t say I’m comfortable with Anderson in any sense in coverage. At WILL his free to freelance more, and rush more, but he would be responsible for a lot receivers. At SAM he’d be responsible for the TE. Neither scenario is good. 

The linebackers on our roster struggle in coverage.

It looks like we’re going Young. Which I’m obviously okay with as he will be the BPA. But Simmons, I think, fits this team quite well. Given that we likely won’t be taking him, they’ll need to fill the OLB void in FA or a later round draft choice. 

When it comes to O-Coordinator I think more than just being a X's & O's whiz kid, you want someone who can work to the strengths of the personnel.    O'Connell seemed to develop some chemistry with Haskins's skillset along with where he was in his progress in development.  Those last few weeks it seemed like they were on the same page in regards to expanding the playbook just enough as to not overload the kid, but also give him bigger and better opportunities to go out there and make plays.  There was a confidence in trust between the two that seemed to gel. 

I think when you have a young, developing, "project" QB that is an essential factor as an O-cooordinator.

If Young ends up as good as advertised out of the gate, and Sweat plays like he did the last couple of games where he was finally being used properly, then it would allow Kerrigan to be used in situational downs.  Bring him in when you want an extra pass rusher for 3rd & longs.  Line him up next to Young who could command a double team, giving Kerrigan a one on one or even open lane to the QB.  

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This is kind of a big deal.  I'm super happy with this list of coaches that'll stay but stinks Ike Hilliard isn't on that list.

He could be, she hasn't hunted down the 5th name yet. And I doubt it's a defensive assistant.

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, I'm hoping Hilliard is kept, wants to be kept. The job he did with the rookies was really impressive. Three different skill sets, three different types of receivers, and all emerging in their rookie year is something to admire.

I read somewhere Hilliard was instrumental in pushing for Simms and Harmon but also the way he molded all those young receivers into guys running routes like seasoned veterans!

Bummer about Ike...

https://riggosrag.com/2020/01/01/ron-rivera-keeps-just-five-coaches-previous-redskins-staff/

Notable losses include wide receivers coach Ike Hilliard, interim head coach and offensive line coach Bill Callahan, defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, and defensive coordinator Greg Manusky. Although transactions are still coming in, it’s reasonable to assume that Tomsula is gone, as his relationship with Greg Manusky was one reason he stayed with the team in 2019.

29 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Why fire Callahan? He did well enough with the line. 

Then again, I'm sure Ron has someone else he wants. 

We need an overhaul, not to retain our interim head coach. 

Our OL during his entire tenure struggled. I am glad he is finally gone. Our run game was terrible almost the entirety of his time here. Our pass pro was respectable for the most part, but always seemed to be easily deceived, and also seemed to commit quite a few penalties.  He had Trent near his prime, which is more than most OL coaches have the benefit of.

There are line coaches available every year.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:26 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Now I know this guy isn't necessarily going to be the pick. And I too have been impressed with Kyle Smith's drafts. But it's just encouraging that a guy LIKE this might be on the shortlist. The fact that a guy like this is even on our radar is not something that would have happened in past regimes under Snyder, despite how long we've all begged for an up-and-coming scout type from a franchise like the Ravens, Steelers, etc. It seems so obvious and yet here we are.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294810bbbea046ae38b3

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29af03aeac1f0082eca9

Feeling good about this.  Really good about this.  

We've all just been down this road too many times.  Felt this way with McCloughan, too.  But at the time I don't think many of us recognized that Allen would be the one who'd end up sabotaging that whole thing.

I feel so much better about this now that Allen is gone.  I like Rivera and Del Rio.  Given free reign to do what they need to do, this should be good.  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Feeling good about this.  Really good about this.  

We've all just been down this road too many times.  Felt this way with McCloughan, too.  But at the time I don't think many of us recognized that Allen would be the one who'd end up sabotaging that whole thing.

I feel so much better about this now that Allen is gone.  I like Rivera and Del Rio.  Given free reign to do what they need to do, this should be good.  

The feeling of when Scott M came in is a great comparison. Rivera is going to knock it out of today at his presser and communicate skillfully. Dare I say, laying the first few bricks to establishing a culture, including the media. 

Riverboat Ron just said in his press conference the Skins have RAW talent...very important- not that Skins have talent.

He wants coaches who can be teachers to the players.   He wants players on the same page and not players doing their

own thing.  Also 980 said Darrell Green is at the press conference.

yeah, he's ron---straight forward...like it so far...saying things we want to hear for what that's worth, but he's for real in what he says---it's not just media feed to him

gonna have a one on one interview on nfl access (nfl network) later today

Archived