Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Merry Christmas ES! What did you get? Tell me about your Christmas

Springfield

Merry Christmas to all. My partner and I moved into our new home, which we furnished from scratch over the past two weeks so that was our Christmas gift to each other. Gifted myself a new Ps4 Pro a few weeks ago. We still did small gift exchanges today. I got her Bose noise cancelling headphones since she’s always complaining about overly chatty coworkers. She got me a surround sound system for our entertainment setup. Got our pup a bunch of new toys to rip apart, he seems happy.

My wife is working,(yesterday,today,and tomorrow),so we just opened  gift each before she left this a.m..  Youngest son in Basic Training right now,so it's a solo one today. Oldest comes to visit with his wife this weekend so we'll probably open more presents then.  So far though,I've gotten a 5 drawer tool chest,(that was an early gift last week),and some cool mementos from my time in the Air Force my wife found online. She got a nice macro lens for her camera and a candy cane container full of mini bottles,(that'll last her awhile). Flowers and a card will waiting for her when she gets home this evening. Have a nice Christmas day for those of you who partake in it. :)

xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

happy hoho (my fave), happy hanukkah, happy holidays, happy kwanzaa, and merry christmas to everyone (looky how big my tent is :806:)

this year i traveled xmas eve so i could go solo today and chill. i set up a great day just for me and a couple of the critters where i live. will be having bbq salmon and halibut for dinner with oyster dressing. 

i got a drone with a camera from one of my nieces and in record time completely screwed it up---don't ask how. 

also got a 3 piece set of high quality throwing knives from another niece, and my nephew,  a master welder, made me a replica of my uncle's old shop wrecker from the auto body/mechanic outfit i worked at as a kid in anchorage. it's somewhat larger than typical model-car sized, painted as the original.

twa's peeling potatoes prompted a memory---a little jumbo xmas tale 

don't recall the last time i thought of it

my single-parent mom worked at a non-dive but still old school burger joint/family restaurant, typcial of the time in the 50's/60's. she worked  for years, saved and bought the business. from 1st thru 4th grade, after school i'd walk to the restaurant and spend the day there doing chores, homework, and just hanging out , often reading stacks of comics for hours. 

one of the chores was peeling potatoes, and they were kept in these big trash cans. so you take from one can, wash and put them in the clean can. then you take the washed ones, peel them, and put about 2/3 of them through the hand-operated french fire press. 

one year in particular times were tight and everyone at the restaurant was working long hours. we'd get home at 10 pm.  mom said we would also be opened for xmas (it bothered her catholic-wise to do so) and it would be a work day for me too and not to expect much for xmas. i was upset about not going to my aunt and uncles and opening presents but it was suit up and show up.

so we get there and the whole work crew shows up at 8 a.m. (early december mornings in anchorage are a tad dark, chilly, and icy).

but people seemed to be in a good mood and we got there two hours before opening time for soem reason to set-up, and, i find out, to have a little staff xmas celebration (no gift exchanges) with an amazing variety of our famous homemade doughnuts, but i'm the only kid there. and before long my mom comes to me and says "time to get on the potatoes." 

so i go downstairs, still pretty up and down about this deal and more down now, to the basement where the cans of potatoes are covered with burlap when not in use, and i pull the burlap off the "dirty" can to start washing. and there's presents all piled up in it, all wrapped and decorated. 

then behind me i heard people shouting merry christmas and i turned to look up the stairs and saw mom and the crew were standing at the top of, and on down the stairs watching me at the far end of the room. it was great---i felt the world had turned out to be a better place than i was thinking after all. (i think it still is)

mom told me i had a full hour to unwrap and play, then to clean up and hit the potatoes----someone else had done enough the night before to get us through the first few hours. i remember each gift that was in that trashcan and who it was from. :)

48 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i got a drone with a camera from one of my nieces and in record time completely screwed it up---don't ask how. 

also got a 3 piece set of high quality throwing knives from another niece, and my nephew,  a master welder, made me a replica of my uncle's old shop wrecker from the auto body/mechanic outfit i worked at as a kid in anchorage. it's somewhat larger than typical model-car sized, painted as the original.

You have some really cool nieces. We will wait patiently, without asking, how you screwed up the drone. 

Merry Christmas, everyone! Glad to be a part of ES, and to talk redskins football and other random stuff with you guys and gals! 

When i made my Christmas list to send to my parents, i sent them a link for a titans hoodie (that i figured they’d send to my brother, since he’s a converted titans fan (switched teams last season cause he was sick of the skins insulting his intelligence) and my brother has been saying all season he’s going to get me titans gear for Xmas. Instead, my dad bought the hoodie for me, AND my brother bought the same one for me 😂😂😂

i also got a red nationals fight finished hoodie, and a warm redskins winter jacket. Also got a nationals World Series champs hat. And a Vikings hat (to add to my nfl hat collection). Got a couple videogames (madden 20, and MLB The Show 19). Got a hilarious shirt from my brother, that says “Brady and Belichick are jagoffs” :P 

got a dvd (Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist) and a zits comic book. 

OH, and the nationals World Series DVD!! 

So, yeah pretty good Christmas. Hope you all got what you wanted, and more importantly, are getting drunk with family and loved ones :D 

I did most of my self shopping on/after Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

I'm known amongst my friends as frustratingly hyper frugal (when it comes to myself), so a lot of my stuff technology wise (like TV's and such) literally did not make it out of the late '00s (I mean if it still works, right? ****)

Got a relatively tame (but sweet by my standards) 43 inch Vizio that was on sale at Wal Mart for $280. Had a $50 Wal Mart gift card laying around, and used that to cash in. I love it. I mean, my Panasonic was bigger, but it was a first gen plasma and would melt your face off.

Also got a pair of Oakley shield visor sunglasses, a dash cam, some Stacey Adam's shoes on sale at Macy's, Burberry cologne, and an Amazon Fire stick.

Along with my 2019 Jetta which I bought back in the summer (taking the place of my '07 Chrysler 300 which was my college graduation present in 2010) I have finally stepped foot in the true 21st century :ols:

My dad got me some wireless bluetooth headphones, my brother/nephew got me a Heat vice hoodie, and my mom literally sent me a joke text saying she's wiring me $50, but the real present is the job offer/wife she has waiting for me lol (she constantly jokes about me being the only one of my siblings not married/getting married).

We had a small Christmas this year. This is great because the best present is seeing my daughter and granddaughter whenever I want instead of every other year or so. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my ES family!  

P.S. Dancer made out like a bandit with three squeeker toys, one with six!

image.thumb.png.3e6a8fc4bdbd22315e8ac165f777b76e.png

Merrry Christmas ES!

Family couldn't get together this Christmas so I'm out snowboarding.

Got about 1-2 feet of snow the last 2 days.... HO HO HO!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry bout the large image.... difficult posting from my phone) 

So my wife and I have been having trouble for a while now. Yesterday I flew out to LA to surprise her at her company Christmas Party. Should have been a special evening but these German jerks showed up uninvited and had to ruin the whole thing. Long story short, I ended up throwing one of them out of a window.

28 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So my wife and I have been having trouble for a while now. Yesterday I flew out to LA to surprise her at her company Christmas Party but these German jerks showed up and ruined the whole evening. I ended up having to throw one of them out of a window.

I hear ya man.  I'm a cop out in LA, was on my way home Christmas Eve at the store getting some Twinkies for my wife and got a call to check out Nakatomi Plaza.  I get there and some asshole tossed a body on my patrol car and ruined my Christmas.....

Image result for die hard body cop car animated gif

I got a sound bar with a sub and two rear speakers, Jedi Fallen Order PS4 game, a Redskins themed tiki pole for the man cave

Image result for redskins tiki pole

Which was pretty cool.  Bunch of socks 😕  some wing sauces I love from Quaker Steak N Lube along with rubs/spices.  And a Nike Zach Lavine Bulls jersey, red.  And last night my dad called us and told us that when he bought his new TV that he had $300 in points with Best Buy to get free stuff and he basically said, pick out just over $200 in stuff we want.

So the wife got a milk frother and travel steamer (for clothes) and I got a wireless Xbox One controller with adapter to work with the PC and a Turtle Beach wireless headset for PC.

Archived