Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just admit it, you're going to miss them next week

hail2skins

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

Are you an embarrassed Skins fan? If you are going to miss them then just say so. Why even beat around the bush? 

Part levity and part serious. Even though I'm not close to as die-hard of a fan as I was years ago, there's still something habitual about that three-hour time block on Sundays in the fall that one devotes to the Skins. And I don't see that changing.  The talk about having two bye weeks as part as a potential 18-game schedule doesn't really sit well with me. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just started it (Outer Worlds) a few minutes ago. 👍

Definitely gonna have more time to play now that I dont have to deal with this crap team next weekend lol

It's excellent if you're craving that old school Bioware/Bethesda type game

I work nights and with being forced to work every other weekend, I have to skip some sleep if I want to see the Skins game.  I'm too busy and too exposed to crowds to watch on DVR.  Lately, if I oversleep on the start of the game, I shrug it off.  

We are a nine-hour drive from FedEx (we live in Indiana) and my son had begged me to take him to the Lions game on the 24th for his birthday.  After today's contest, he said nevermind.  Instead, we'll take a two-and-a-half to three-hour drive to Columbus to see the Caps play on the road in December.  More convenient, cheaper and we get to see a winner. 

It's nice to know the Skins are playing, but it's like having sex with a crazy ex-girlfriend.  A little fun at first, but not worth the resulting headache.

Scratch that, actually.  Sex with the ex is better.

So far the Snyderskins have had all bye weeks. Only difference next week is that the opponent won't show up either. Now they have an extra week to develop an even worse game plan for the Jets. I know....give the ball to AP. Any questions? See you tomorrow.

I went to something called Viable Paradise two weeks ago, it surprised me how little I missed the games. It wound up running through two. I did check in, but didn't watch a second.

This season is one in which missing a game causes almost no pain.

I am upset with myself for watching the game yesterday.  I am considering punting the rest of this season and going out to relax on the weekends instead

of being up tight about this dumpster fire situation.   The off season will be more critical for the future direction of this team.  I will pay attention to all the

decisions they make regardless of how dumb they will most likely be with players and other teams via trades.

46 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I went to something called Viable Paradise two weeks ago, it surprised me how little I missed the games. It wound up running through two. I did check in, but didn't watch a second.

This season is one in which missing a game causes almost no pain.

Unfortunately, this is the truth. For the past several decades, Sundays in the fall were reserved for watching the Redskins and heaven help anyone who interrupted that!

Ex-Season ticket holder, and happy as hell I have my life back.

Maybe one day I will watch again, but not this year. I refuse to support this train wreck this year. Not that anyone really cares.

Only thing about the bye that bothers me is it gives more time for Keenum to emerge from the concussion protocol. Only reason left to watch this abortion of a season is to see/evaluate Haskins.

Unfortunately, Callahan is auditioning for the HC job and is consequently unconcerned with the long term interests of the team, so back to Keenum it will go.

Archived