Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just admit it, you're going to miss them next week

hail2skins

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Only thing about the bye that bothers me is it gives more time for Keenum to emerge from the concussion protocol. Only reason left to watch this abortion of a season is to see/evaluate Haskins.

Unfortunately, Callahan is auditioning for the HC job and is consequently unconcerned with the long term interests of the team, so back to Keenum it will go.

Argh - I may be done if he starts Keenum again for any reason other than an injury to Haskins.  Winning several meaningless games with a vet QB may actually be the worst thing that could happen for this team long term.  Forget about getting worse draft picks - the real damage would be that the dolts who run the team would believe that they are not that bad & that some of the earlier losses were due to injuries, bad breaks, etc. 

The team needs to hit absolute rock bottom with most of their fans basically either hating or not caring about the team.  This is the only hope that something truly drastic occurs to change the culture or else Snyder will get increasingly terrible PR from the local & national media.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:45 AM, Burgold said:

This season is one in which missing a game causes almost no pain.

No pain since week 1.  First half against the eagles, I had some spirit.  Since, it’s been worse than the same old skins.  I’ve missed more games this season, and parts of games, than the last 10 years combined.  Although as I type this, I’m still wearing my Redskins Nike’s, and of course obsessed with this dumpster fire of a team (by virtue of being on ES).

On 11/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's excellent if you're craving that old school Bioware/Bethesda type game

On 11/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, Destino said:

you have my attention.  I’ll be checking it out soon.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Just started it (Outer Worlds) a few minutes ago. 👍

Definitely gonna have more time to play now that I dont have to deal with this crap team next weekend lol

Just started myself, as well. Looks beautiful, but man is it daunting. My mind is spinning from the amount of customizing and inventory you’ve got to deal with. I haven’t gotten that deep into a game in a long time. I’ve been kind of scared to go back to it the last few days, it’s going to take way too much time. :ols: 

9 hours ago, chaaarmndr said:

No pain since week 1.  First half against the eagles, I had some spirit.  Since, it’s been worse than the same old skins.  I’ve missed more games this season, and parts of games, than the last 10 years combined.  Although as I type this, I’m still wearing my Redskins Nike’s, and of course obsessed with this dumpster fire of a team (by virtue of being on ES).

Good pt & this is what makes this season stand out thus far.  For most other recent past seasons there was hope during various pts of the season & within a lot of games.  This season the only real hope was for a lot of the game you mentioned vs. Eagles & slivers of other games (other than the Dolphins which was a joke of a game where the Skins almost gave it away).  There have been several games this season where there was no hope from start to finish.  Kind of hard to get too invested in a team that performs in that manner.  Jeez - at least be competitive...

4 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Just started myself, as well. Looks beautiful, but man is it daunting. My mind is spinning from the amount of customizing and inventory you’ve got to deal with. I haven’t gotten that deep into a game in a long time. I’ve been kind of scared to go back to it the last few days, it’s going to take way too much time. :ols: 

Yeah character creation is a bear, but very cool. I would suggest choosing three categories of skills that you want to dictate your "style" (I went Ranged, Dialogue, Stealth I think which bumps all the skills within each, but you can do anything) and then go back and see which attributes/abilities govern those types of skills and be above average/good/very good at those things (I think mine were Dexterity, Intelligence, Perception maybe). 

You can approach the game however you want and with liberal usage of the slow-time ability, combat isn't too daunting even if you build for non-combat stuff. 

Inventory is intimidating at first but really just boils down to selling all "junk" (it is it's own category and there's a special button at the bottom of the screen when trading with a vendor or machine to just sell it all at once--do that), equipping and upgrading your favorite weapons and armor, and breaking down the rest into parts. 

The systems lose their mystery once you dive in, don't worry too much about it and the story will suck you in. 

6 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Yeah I noticed that lol. Took me like 4 days to decide on what kind of character I wanted to play as. Then the inventory was a pain in the ass. Such a pain that I actually read through the in-game manual/tutorial from start to finish for the first time ever just so I could make sense of everything :ols:

Absolutely not.  I'm in full on Stockholm Syndrome for at least six years or so.  I'll watch Redzone and I won't get baited into starting TMac on my fantasy team because he isn't playing, and I don't have to watch the Redskins lose, it's a trifecta.

Go Caps!  The caps look great this year.  Vrana is breaking out, the defense is coming together, it's just awesome.  If you haven't given hockey a chance, the action almost never stops, the officiating isn't perfect but it's much more sensible than football, tons of big hits, trash talk, it's just the best.  Even the refs talk huge trash, and instead of some stupid penalty, everyone gets over it and keeps playing.  Crazy right?? There's not a lot of scoring, but there's tons of scoring pressure, so it's always tense and exciting.  You might be missing out!

So yeah, I'm not really going to miss the Redskins.  In fact, the best thing the Redskins could do is disappear so I can stop torturing myself.  Dan Snyder has ruined an entire sport for me... Thanks for that, Little Dan

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

I miss the Nationals already.  Wish we could play a seven game series against the Braves or Yankees, double-or-nothing.

How do you know when you are suffering from Battered Fan Syndrome?  A red flag is when you turn off Game 6 mid-game because you thought the Nats were going to crumple like the Skins always do.  I didn't make that mistake in Game 7.  The first step is recognition that you have a problem.  Time to find a local RA (Redskins Anonymous) group.  How times have changed.  DC is now a baseball and hockey town.  Rightly so.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, Rex Tomb said:

I barely watched the game today.  Had no emotion as I got up this morning.  This team sucks and I won't even notice they aren't on.

Injuries and the bye week killed my team today.  Started out 8-0, hoping that the injuries heal before the playoffs which start in week 13.

Better make sure to rush McCoy back just in case. 

Now that it’s getting dark before 6, I don’t plan to waste much of my Sundays watching this team struggle to score a TD. I’ll be using the sunlight to enjoy more of Biscayne Bay

14 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's gonna be interesting is if the skins can pull off the win against the jets and haskins looks good and so does guice...ya might as well just call this place bipolar heaven..lol

As long as the Skins are looking good and showing that they can win and then lose by a point. I am okay with that. :)

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nah, people will be mad if we beat the jets, since it’ll be a pointless win.

Yes the win wouldnt count/be pointless but if haskins and guice plays good it wouldn't be a positive thing?

46 minutes ago, zskins said:

As long as the Skins are looking good and showing that they can win and then lose by a point. I am okay with that. :)

Ya, I get what your saying..I like the idea of losing now for better draft position..still will never root for a loss but its obvious at this point...hell..by week 2 it was obvious..so we get to pick at 2..3,4..what the hell will Daniel have up his sleeve to move to number one..not sure bout y'all..buuuut that rg3 fiasco was enough for me for one decade.

I will. i enjoy watching them on Sundays even when it's horrible.
Football in and of itself is fun and watching a great game is great.. but if my team isn't playing, it's just not the same. My eyes are on it, but my heart isn't there.

~Bang

34 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yes the win wouldnt count/be pointless but if haskins and guice plays good it wouldn't be a positive thing?

Ya, I get what your saying..I like the idea of losing now for better draft position..still will never root for a loss but its obvious at this point...hell..by week 2 it was obvious..so we get to pick at 2..3,4..what the hell will Daniel have up his sleeve to move to number one..not sure bout y'all..buuuut that rg3 fiasco was enough for me for one decade.

Lol - yep I can see it now - they draft at #3 or 4 & trade the farm to move up to #1 & draft a QB - maybe not even Tua - ditch Haskins & the new QB has a stellar rookie year, gets hurt & sucks after that.  The team struggles along for the next 5 years, fires several coaches yet somehow Allen retains his job.  Every town in the DMV says "Thanks but no thanks" to building a new stadium in their area. While all of this happens the culture at Redskins Park remains very good & Allen keeps his job indefinitely.

Archived