Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bills Prediction Thread: Fate Is The Weight Of Circumstances

skins island connection

Who wins?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the re-match of Super Bowl XXVI ?

• Redskins
    • Bills
    • 1 step closer to removing Bruce Allen from the organization
    • Gonna mow the lawn, maybe the neighbor's as well

The Bills are what you call an average to above average team that lacks an elite QB or overall fire power on offense to blow teams out. The Bills also lack an identity on offense, so inconsistent play is the norm. 

The Skins will keep it close IF Haskins takes care of the football. He doesn’t even have to be good for team to be in it, just take care of the ball.

I give the Skins a 22% of winning. 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:16 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The little, incremental improvements through the last 3 weeks have to turn the scoreline in our favour at some point. And the Bills are flattering to deceive so why not this week?

Hail. 

The only incremental improvement I’ve seen is less flags.

i don’t think it will be enough. 

we are averaging what, 7 points over the last 3 games? You don’t win nfl games that way. 

Skins lose 21-10.

6 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

The only incremental improvement I’ve seen is less flags.

i don’t think it will be enough. 

we are averaging what, 7 points over the last 3 games? You don’t win nfl games that way. 

Skins lose 21-10.

If you go off of stats, the running game. scoring defense, and sacks have all improved as well.

Rushing yards per attempt:

First 5 games - 3.91 (22nd)

Last 3 games - 4.45 (8th)

Scoring Defense:

First 5 games - 151 (30th) - 30.2 ppg

Last 3 games - 44 (9th) - 14.6 ppg

Sacks:

First 5 games - 9 (27th)

Last 3 games - 10 (8th)

I think we match up well against the Bills.

4 of their 5 wins are against the 4 worst teams in the NFL.

A win won't help our cause but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens if the defense continues to play well, it comes down to Haskins.

Bills 14

Skins 10

12 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

17-13 Bengals.  I’m guessing our backup comes in at some point and leads a scoring drive, but it’s not enough as the offense as a whole struggles.  Hope to see some flashes from a few different guys on O though.   

If the Bengals beat the Redskins tomorrow that would REALLY be something.  The first time a NFL teams loses twice in one day (skins will also lose to Buffalo tomorrow).😂

There is nothing that points towards Haskins having a good game, particularly playing on the road in Buffalo, which is a tough stadium.  They have a good defense.  Bills are overrated offensively, but they still have more weapons than us. 

Bills 21

Redskins 10

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

If you go off of stats, the running game. scoring defense, and sacks have all improved as well.

Scoring Defense:

Sacks:

First 5 games - 9 (27th)

Last 3 games - 10 (8th)

Thanks for posting, it’s actually something I was wondering myself. Even though the games against the Vikings and 49ers were less than stellar, you could see a different mindset and mentality at least. And especially against the Vikings we were at least driving, just laughable attempts to capitalize on said drives. Defense being better also much more apparent. I’m going to stick to my hope that we hire a defensive and motivator type as head coach to go along with O’Connell to grow the offense. If and it’s a hugeeeee if, Haskins shows any semblance of being an NFL QB, I think this team could turn it around rather quick next season. 

11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Scoring Defense:

Sacks:

First 5 games - 9 (27th)

Last 3 games - 10 (8th)

Fair stats - but there is another story here that should not be ignored (not saying you are, just adding to the post).

First the agreement, the defense is better. That cannot be denied. The argument about lesser talent from Miami is not there (i was one of them after the Miami game so calling myself out too). SF and MInn are very solid offensive teams and the D held as well as they could considering the complete lack of support they are getting from the Off. Youy hold SF to 9 pts, rain or not you should win that game. And before someone brings it up, yes yds are not a huge improvement but they re keeping people out of the EZ. Making teams kick FGs is a definite improvement. Again - 9 pts for SF! Only 19 for MInn who came in averaging 27.5 pts/gm. 

Off has taken a huge step back from not being very good to start - 

Total Yds - 

First 5 gms - 281.6

Last 3 gms - 227  

19% drop. 

Passing Yds -

First 5 gms - 214 

Last 3 gms - 115.6

46% drop! 

Rushing yds (the one improvement) - 

First 5 gms - 68.8

Last 3 gms - 111.3

62.2% improvement - some of that is actually running more - good thing. But when I see a drop of almost 100 yds/gm in passing, I have to think teams are daring the team to run and defending the pass. 

Pt's per gm (the most important) - 

First 5 gms - 14.6

Last 3 gms - 8.7

40.4% drop! 

Interestingly one area of improvement for the off, is penalties (tips hat to @Gibbs Hog Heaven

Offensive penaities - 

First 5 gms - 25 or 5/gm

Last 3 gms - 6 or 2/gm including a 0 penalties and 1 penalty game. In fact the other game was a 5 penalty gm but was the rain fest. You can see more penalties in bad weather. So give credit where credit is due. Clear improvement in off penalties. 

Def penalties are exactly even - 

First 5 gms - 15 for 3/gm

Last 3 gms - 9 for 3/gm

0% change

The offense has virtually disappeared. It is really too bad. Because if there was any semblance of an offense, the defense has played well enough to win games. Maybe Haskins getting 1st team snaps and preparing to be the starter will help with chemistry and his overall performance. Either way I am glad he is starting. The only way he gets better is by playing. 

Back to this thread topic - Bills have a very good D but a suspect off. We actually could match up well. I think our D is underrated provided the D from the last weeks shows up. If they can get a score or two to help their own cause, this game could be winnable if Haskins just takes care of the ball. 

I think the Bills just have more talent, not be a lot but by enough. So I think the Bills win but it could be a close game. Hopefully Haskins ignites the off. If he does, it could be a good game. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

The offense has virtually disappeared. It is really too bad. Because if there was any semblance of an offense, the defense has played well enough to win games. Maybe Haskins getting 1st team snaps and preparing to be the starter will help with chemistry and his overall performance. Either way I am glad he is starting. The only way he gets better is by playing. 

Back to this thread topic - Bills have a very good D but a suspect off. We actually could match up well. I think our D is underrated provided the D from the last weeks shows up. If they can get a score or two to help their own cause, this game could be winnable if Haskins just takes care of the ball. 

I think the Bills just have more talent, not be a lot but by enough. So I think the Bills win but it could be a close game. Hopefully Haskins ignites the off. If he does, it could be a good game. 

I appreciate I'm in the minority here, but 'if', and it's obviously caveated with a BIG 'IF'', we can get some semblance of competent QB play the second half of this year, hopefully through Haskins as you note as there's no better development tool than playing in live-action regular-season games, allied to Guice returning and opening up even more downfield, then I honestly believe we could round out with 5/6/7 wins and fantastic momentum going into 2020.

I'm taking the view that the passing game off the run game they're trying to establish has been hampered in what they can call down to the mediocrity under centre. I can appreciate anyone that thinks we should be taking more shots the passing game but it's all relative to the current state of the QB group. 

Again, I'm in the minority on this one but I really like the little incremental improvements in different facets week-on-week looking at the bigger picture and not just the reactionary, 'What have you done for me lately?' lack of points/ W's POV. 

Now whether anyone thinks winning those games if it transpires like that is a good or bad thing is a whole separate debate. I can see both sides of that. 

But just speaking personally, if we can get even competent play under centre the remaining 8 games I think results will swing and surprise a lot of folks. 

This team hasn't sacked off the season by any stretch which is fantastic to see or else the last 8 they may as well just forfeit and spare us the tedium of watching. 

Here's to Haskins announcing himself to the NFL today and win #2! 

Hail. 

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Fair stats - but there is another story here that should not be ignored (not saying you are, just adding to the post).

First the agreement, the defense is better. That cannot be denied. The argument about lesser talent from Miami is not there (i was one of them after the Miami game so calling myself out too). SF and MInn are very solid offensive teams and the D held as well as they could considering the complete lack of support they are getting from the Off. Youy hold SF to 9 pts, rain or not you should win that game. And before someone brings it up, yes yds are not a huge improvement but they re keeping people out of the EZ. Making teams kick FGs is a definite improvement. Again - 9 pts for SF! Only 19 for MInn who came in averaging 27.5 pts/gm. 

Sitting through the heavy rain in SF, I was not that impressed or unimpressed either.  I've sat through many bad weather games but that was insane.  It was raining hard unabated and the field was a mud pile.  Sitting through it, I was surprised any team can score at all because it was extremely difficult to throw the ball but sitting through it made it at least for me real easy to see what both teams were up against. 

For me the Minny game was more impressive albeit if I recall Minny didn't even punt once or something like that?  

What they are doing is simple. They are bleeding the clock.  Opposing offenses simply don't have the ball enough to score much.  The net of it is that It helps the defense and running game. The defense isn't on the field much.  And runners benefit typically from running more.   While exposing their poor passing offense and inept red zone offense more because their potential scoring drives have heightened importance.  I got no problem with the tactic when you win.  But if you lose, you are just choosing to lose in a different way.  The defense looks better as does my man Adrian Peterson.  At the same time they haven't scored a touchdown now in 9 quarters.  So opponents score less and we score less.   

It doesn't sound like Callahan has much of a chance to come back (I don't dislike him or love him, I am neutral on him) unless they win at the end of the season. 

Archived