Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bills Prediction Thread: Fate Is The Weight Of Circumstances

skins island connection

Who wins?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the re-match of Super Bowl XXVI ?

• Redskins
    • Bills
    • 1 step closer to removing Bruce Allen from the organization
    • Gonna mow the lawn, maybe the neighbor's as well

When: November 3rd  1:00 p.m.

Where: Ralph Wilson Stadium

With a couple extra days of reflection, the Redskins travel to Buffalo to take on the Bills.

The Bills lead the series 8-6,  Redskins are 1-4 over their last 5, with the Redskins winning the last meeting in 2015, but you have to go all the way back { before some of you were conceived } to Super Bowl XXVI for the last win against the Bills.  Don't just let that drift by without a little reflection.

The Bills are not an offensive powerhouse by any respect. Overall 22nd in offense, 17th in yards, 21st in passing and 7th in rushing. Josh Allen is proving doubters wrong, In this, his 2nd year, he is showing signs of being the guy for the future, and along with a seasoned RB in Frank Gore, they are making noise.

Defensively, they are ranked 3rd overall, 3rd in points, 4th against the pass and 10th against the rush. Think of the Vikings as being a dog, and the Bills defense being a rabid dog. They could very well hold the Redskins under 100 yds of total offense.

This is being done before the Bills face the Eagles, so right now the Bills are 5-1, with their only loss coming against the Pats.

Their last game was against the Dolphins, you know, that team that the Redskins 'lucked out' on beating after a failed 2 point conversion attempt by the Fins at the end of the game.

The Bills won 31-21, and being they are AFC East foes, like the NFC East, rivalries are stronger than stats, so its difficult to point to Miami being able to score 21 points against them.

On a Thursday night, we were all blessed with seeing the Redskins go up against Kirk Cousins and the Minnesota Vikings, in a game where it left many of us a bit confused.

Watching the Skins d-line really get after Cousins and put pressure on him, and  actually playing a competitive 1st half of football, but as usual the 2nd half held true to colors. The defense was gassed after the inability of the offense to do anything in the 2nd half, and eventually the dam broke.

Adrian Peterson really wanted to play hard, and he did make some nice runs and made some punishing hits on defenders, but the storyline pretty much focused on what happened after QB Keenum went out of the game with a concussion.

In came Dwane Haskins to take over, and it hurt many eyes to witness the performance put out by him.  Basic fundamentals seemed to be non-existent, and he was pressured a lot throughout the game.  He was 3-5 for 33 yds and 1 interception, but it was his inability to move the football, then the Vikings realizing this and focusing on stopping the run, strangled drives, which put the defense out onto the field way too often. I'll stop here, for obvious reasons, but we will see how/if he improves against a very stout defense in the Bills.

Look for this game to be a struggle for Haskins, if he starts, and the offense. The Bills defense is solid and will be coming after him early and often, because that is what defenses love to do, and that is scaring young QBs into making mistakes. Peterson may be able to break a few nice runs but for the most part they will focus on shutting him down.

When the dust settles and the buffalo roam,

the Redskins walk into a bulldozer.

Final score:

Redskins 6

Bills 37

First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap, beanie or golf towel { can be used as a crying towel }.

Good luck, and as always,   G  O     S  K  I  N  S !  !

I'm thoroughly confident our offense will look the same as it has so far this year. Don't know why I gave them any credit before. Oh boy, another week of the Callahan red zone follies. We're well on our way for the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Unfortunately, I still feel Snyder is so boneheaded that he'll retain Allen for another 1st or 2nd pick in 2021. 

Skins - 10

Bills - 21

I watched the Eagles vs Bills game this weekend and after a half, I couldn't figure out how the Bills were 5-1 until I looked at who they beat (Jets, Giants, Bengals, Fins, Titans).

I think we match up well against them, they have little to no offense and a QB who might be as inaccurate as Haskins but the defense is stout.

We'll see

38 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I watched the Eagles vs Bills game this weekend and after a half, I couldn't figure out how the Bills were 5-1 until I looked at who they beat (Jets, Giants, Bengals, Fins, Titans).

This won’t be the first time the Bills got off to a hot start and fizzled once the going got tougher in recent history.  In fact, I compared last years Skins to them for that very reason.

This game most likely is ugly but I still see the Bills pulling it out.

37 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think we match up well against them, they have little to no offense and a QB who might be as inaccurate as Haskins but the defense is stout.

We'll see

I mentioned something about the the skins run game catching on fire and Peterson just goes off..I understand there d is stout but can be ran on...maybe this is the game it starts..one can hope!!..buuuuut I'm still predicting snyder can't fish from his yacht.....doohhhh...lol go get em skins!!

This is the game that's really gonna piss some fans off when the skins win..lol

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

I mentioned something about the the skins run game catching on fire and Peterson just goes off..I understand there d is stout but can be ran on...maybe this is the game it starts..one can hope!!..buuuuut I'm still predicting snyder can't fish from his yacht.....doohhhh...lol go get em skins!!

They let the Eagles run all over them and the Eagles are a middle of the pack run team.

It's probably a more winnable game than it seems if you compare records but I expect us to do something ridiculous in the late 3rd or 4th quarter that gives the Bills the win.

Archived