Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

TK

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Haskins coming in the middle of the game is not the answer either. He should have been the starter from game 1. Can't put him in and then take him out for couple of games.

He’s the backup. Starter gets injured, backup goes in. 

Just now, Csup said:

I think you have to give him a chance - he does have raw talent.  BUT- I HATE the fact that Synder made this pick.  It almost makes me want to see Haskins fail.  That’s the curse of the midget.

no he doesnt.  he DOESNT have raw talent.  other than arm strength.  who cares about arm strength when literally EVERYTHING ELSE in his game at OSU was terrible.  His completion % at OSU was practically dependent on screen passes.  he executed Urban Meyer's COLLEGE OFFENSE efficiently.  So did OTHER ATROCIOUS NFL QBs like Tim Tebow, and Terrell Pryor.   Haskins was probably the most INACCURATE 1st round draft pick QB I've EVER studied in 10 + years. I thought he sucked to be honest with you.  And knowing that everyone else in the top 15 INCLUDING HIS OWN TEAM didnt want him and ONLY Dan MORON Snyder did, that tells you EVERYTHING

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, to further spell this out one last time- the Redskins don't think Haskins is ready to play, and yet made him the active backup QB for this game (and others). Which I find monumentally stupid.

So, down 10 in the 3rd quarter with 3rd and long they sent in a give up play .. Showing that they have no faith in him. And yet he's in the game.

I’m saying it was the correct play call. You can be a jerk about it if you want to, but it gave us the option to keep the game within a score and not let the rookie mess it up. It’s the correct play call

That doesn’t have anything to do with the game day roster. But if you want to go there, if this guys is supposed to be the future you need to see if he’s going to fail or not and the only way to do that is if he gets in the game. 

Its really not that hard. At 1-6 it’s, again, the correct decision. You can argue drafting him sure, but watching colt do nothing this week doesn’t help us learn anything for next season and I know you understand that. 

I look at Haskins and think that this dude has no idea how hard you have to work to be an NFL QB. All I see is him standing around on the sidelines with this "when are they gonna put me in" look on his face. I'll chalk it up to his immaturity and just bad coaching but I am not liking what I'm seeing thus far. That coupled with all the media reports that the Skins are dropping the ball on his development and you just need to shake your head. 

3 minutes ago, Tay said:

We gotta at least give him a 2nd year. He's very raw, and Trevor Lawrence isn't eligible until 2021.

You give him that 2nd year (assuming he wins the job) IF there isn't an all-world prospect on the board that's clearly better

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Haskins coming in the middle of the game is not the answer either. He should have been the starter from game 1. Can't put him in and then take him out for couple of games.

Dude's gotta hit the wide open receiver. Bench or not, he gets called, he's got to at least be able to do the basics.

Archived