Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

TK

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Which is hysterical and an immediate mistake. 

AP has been the best he can be at this point in his career and the Skins have scored 26 points in 3 weeks.  Tell me again, why it’s important that the offense be built around him?  It’s the less risky option that lends itself to not getting beat as badly.  But it’s rather clear that it can’t result in winning games.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

AP has been the best he can be at this point in his career and the Skins have scored 26 points in 3 weeks.  Tell me again, why it’s important that the offense be built around him?  It’s the less risky option that lends itself to not getting beat as badly.  But it’s rather clear that it can’t result in winning games.

Tell you what "again"?

I never wanted to sign him in the first place and like I did just say, it stinks like signing Bruce Smith.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Tell you what "again"?

I never wanted to sign him in the first place and like I did just say, it stinks like signing Bruce Smith.

Perhaps, I read your post wrong.  The way i read it aligned with what I've seen of folks that believe everything should have been ran through AP from the get-go.  But if you meant it was laughable that we felt it necessary to re-sign him and make him a big part of the offense, my apologies.  I've just seen a lot of this clamoring for 1960's football of ground and pound and that it's a crime we haven't been doing that all along.  When in essence it's rather clear that style no longer works unless you have a stellar Oline and legit QB/weapons around it, which we don't.

12 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Scoring for the month of October:

Nats: 62

Capitals: 46

Redskins: 35

This **** team is getting outscored by our local baseball and hockey teams lol

Wizards first two quarters of their first game: 48

51 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness AP was supposed to be the backup this year. 

Even at 64 years old he's better than the other Guice

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps, I read your post wrong.  The way i read it aligned with what I've seen of folks that believe everything should have been ran through AP from the get-go.  But if you meant it was laughable that we felt it necessary to re-sign him and make him a big part of the offense, my apologies.  I've just seen a lot of this clamoring for 1960's football of ground and pound and that it's a crime we haven't been doing that all along.  When in essence it's rather clear that style no longer works unless you have a stellar Oline and legit QB/weapons around it, which we don't.

I think its asinine personally and I dont care for the child beater stuff. I never wanted AP. 

And i love that football. Chess match battles of wills, 3 yards and a cloud of dust and a tough as defense. That's my favorite kind of game. It doesn't really work like that without a line like the cowboys though.

Callahan is a joke. We're going to lose anyway. Go find Seastrunk or whatever. Byron Marshall is still available. 

12 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Are you serious? This is a MAJOR problem if accurate. 

I was watching the post conference and a reporter asked to compare the Giants game and this game.  He said that the Giants game was more sentimental, and it is no secret he wanted to be drafted by the Giants and they are his favorite team.  

That being said the press doesn't do him any favors by asking questions to set him up, but it would be nice for him to just reject those questions without referring to the idea that he wanted to play for the Giants.

He doesn't seem to at this point at least be to arrogant to recognize how bad he played. 

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

1-7. Yayyyy....worst season through 8 games since 1998. 

I think our offense is so bad, that I really feel we are going to go 1-15. Other 1 game wins in the past...

1961 - 1-12-1

1960 - 1-9-2 

2 game wins...

1935 - 2-8-1

3 game wins because we are not going to win any more...

1954 - 3-9

1959 - 3-9

1994 - 3-13

2013 - 3-13

This is going to be the worst record ever because at least the other 1 and 2 game wins had ties.

So my question is... IF we beat out the other teams for the 1st pick, do we go with Tua?

Archived