Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

TK

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Show some sympathy. Only thing I can come away with upon seeing someone proclaim themselves a real fan of this plague riddled Dark age tragedy,  is that it's a very peculiar coping mechanism. 

We all have to come to grips with what is happening in our own way :(

lol

I'm the ONLY real fan of the Bubonic plague, everyone else just talks about it a lot. Respect me.

22 minutes ago, charles mannley said:

I am officially a Redskins fan at rock bottom.  Where do I go from here?

You aren't at rock bottom.  We are only half way through the season.  They very possibly may have won more games in the first half than they will in the second half.  

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

I need to see some points before I will agree with that.  Gruden seems to have lost the team this year, so I’m fine with his being fired.  The problem I have with celebrating his replacement is that the Redskins have scored 17 points against a team that wants to lose, then followed it up with 0 and 9.  That’s 8.7 ppg, which is almost impossibly bad.

In the last 5 games, we've averaged 7.2 points per game.

Seven. Point. Two.

And that's skewed because we scored a massive 17 points against the dolphins. In 4 of our last 5 games against non-Dolphins, we've averaged, get this, 4.75 points per game.

3 minutes ago, charles mannley said:

This actually gave me hope. . .  and that is all I need.🙃

I'm actually starting to warm up to this. Who'd have thought dude might still be our best QB (evidenced by the horrors we've witnessed since he tragically lost his leg at the battle of Yorktown) all these months later

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Callahan’s press conference, he made it clear if Keenum is ok Haskins is back to the bench

Of course they'll make the stupid call. At this point you might as well see if the kid can get in there to start improving and build confidence.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Callahan’s press conference, he made it clear if Keenum is ok Haskins is back to the bench

Is it unprecedented to fire your interim head coach? Maybe send him on a vacation and accidentally steal his passport while he's there? Like the cheerleaders?

Just now, Birdlives said:

Dumb people think they’re smart, period. That’s the Washington Redskins. Dan Snyder thinks he knows better because he’s wealthy.

There is nothing more destructive than a dumb person with means who thinks he's smart

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Of course they'll make the stupid call. At this point you might as well see if the kid can get in there to start improving and build confidence.

I am with you.   Practice with the 1s all week and start, at this point let it ride. If they are worried about shaking his confidence I think they are doing it anyway with these relief appearances that are segued with him not playing the next game.

So I know the offense sucks and doesn't have a prayer for a big play. Still, the sequence of the last possessions for each team was mind-boggling.

First, the Skins are down 10 with 10:30 left with the ball on the 25. First down, run the ball, gain 5. OK, fine, and the clock is ticking now under 10 minutes. Second down, another bleeping run. Bill, you do know you need two scores, and onside kicks have basically been negated. So........

Then the third down play gets all kind of blown up and we have to punt, and the Vikes get the ball with 8:30 left. We're still down 10. You HAVE to start using your timeouts immediately in that situation (yes, I know we only have two). The other team has to run plays, and there is a chance of a fumble, and if it happens, you want as much time on the clock as possible.

The Redskins called their first of their two timeouts with 3:30 left. I had told my friend I was watching the game with at 8:30 left that the Vikings were probably not going to relinquish the ball for the remainder of the game. I was almost right.

Just a complete lack of awareness from the staff.

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

how is this website not a constant screaming match when we have one side already calling him a bust and others saying the Skins are idiots not to play him

The league done messed! Heck no, the Redskins done messed up, at least 14 other teams new better. Micheal Lombardi's take on this franchise is spot on, if you haven't seen it go to the you tube video. "(The Junkies)

I went to the Dallas game several weeks ago, full of Cowboys fan, it felt like I was in Texas. What a dame embarrassment, but the culture is great according to Bruce Allen.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That was a good game against a good football team in their stadium.

The D is playing well considering they have Josh Norman as a starting CB.

Defensively, yeah.  Ultimate bend but don’t break, which is good against this team.  Although the Vikings never punted.

The offense though, I can smell their doo doo across the country.  Over the last 12 quarters of football, they’ve scored 26 points and 17 of them were against Dade County Community College.

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

I need to see some points before I will agree with that.  Gruden seems to have lost the team this year, so I’m fine with his being fired.  The problem I have with celebrating his replacement is that the Redskins have scored 17 points against a team that wants to lose, then followed it up with 0 and 9.  That’s 8.7 ppg, which is almost impossibly bad.

Oh but all of that was going to change when Jay was fired and the new OC took over calling the plays.  Yea that same guy that half the people on this board want to be the next head coach.  We can't let him out of the building as they say.  lol  Its really hard to score only 9 points in two games in todays NFL.  

if i were dwayne haskins, the one thing I would NOT do is get on my phone and tweet out some Rg3-esque psudo--inspirational tweet nonsense akin to the darkness will give in to sunlight.  just STFU and work on your accuracy.   last thing peoplpe want to be reading from you, a 22 yr old kid, are your wayne dyer-like brain droppings.

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm sorry, but Haskins is absolute garbage. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he was drafted in the 5th round or later, but he legitimately looks like a walk on at your local community college.

6th rounder Gardner Minshew (who ever heard of that guy) makes our first rounder look like a JV QB.

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

if i were dwayne haskins, the one thing I would NOT do is get on my phone and tweet out some Rg3-esque psudo--inspirational tweet nonsense akin to the darkness will give in to sunlight.  just STFU and work on your accuracy.   last thing peoplpe want to be reading from you, a 22 yr old kid, are your wayne dyer-like brain droppings.

While you are a hater to the highest degree, I can’t say I disagree here.  Spare us the inspirational quotes.

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

I don’t pay enough attention to tweets in general, certainly not his.  But he needs to humble himself.  And if he’s working as hard as he says he is.  He needs to work harder.  Maybe simplify it a little.

Archived