Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

TK

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Cousins looked tonight like he does against any defense that can pressure him. He goes into a shell.  His one big pass to Diggs was underthrown otherwise that is an 80-something yard TD.   

Dude is who he is and beating a garbage team is kind of his thing. 

You are tremendously right.  But Kirk did win today.  And I’m not one to praise Kirk.  Just seeing the player and person he is, even thought he stuck it to us, I give him credit.   Smh

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A "real fan". Get a life. Everyone here (in the midst of a disastrous season no less) on a ****ing message board of all places in the year of our lord 2019 to talk about this **** show is a "real fan". There is no hierarchy. You are not special or on a higher tier of fanhood. 

Some of us ARE pretty ****ed up in the head though lol

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Give the situation, they played well.  Once Haskins was in and the offense completely stalled, it was over.

I agree he played well, but he also showed some of the same characteristics that make him the Kirk Cousins that frustrated the hell out of 'Skins fan. 

11 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Bruce will tell Dan this is another win, after what the rest of us know is another putrid performance.  The Vikings were so unimpressed and unconcerned with us they basicallyj ust ran the last 30 plays because they knew we couldnt do anything.

First time in 15 years a defense didnt force the Vikings to punt.

News flash, the defense did NOT play well, the defense gave up over 400 yards and would have given up 26-30 points if the Vikings cared to score or didnt kill a couple drives with holding penalties.  Almost every drive they drove the length of the field.

Kirk was held to no passing touchdowns. They are probably celebrating right now.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Be proud mini man Dan. Your team is the laughingstock of the league. Of course you are used to that.

they aren't just a loser.  They are a loser with literally NO HOPE for the future.  NONE.  There is no possibility of getting any better next year either.  They are still saddled with a 20+million dollar cap hit on a player who can't and shouldnt (hes not very good either) play in Alex Smith.    their top two rookies are not good.  One is a trainwreck, which some of us saw coming when he was playing in college, the other just simply isnt very good (Montez Sweat).  they only have 1 first round pick next year, they have no 2nd rounder, they are losing leverage BY THE HOUR on the only valuable asset they could spin off in their LT Trent Williams but they wont do it, they are not simply bad.  They are bad *AND* they are going to stay bad for a long, long, long time.  This is just the beginning.

A team begins and ends with it's QB.  This team hasn't been sure who it's QB is since the first franchise tag on Kirk.  Well, really before that.  Even with the RG3 and Kirk stuff, Alex and his leg, whatever, HOW has this team not figured out QB yet.  It's a "whatever" each year, even the Haskins pick seems to have controversy.  

What a mess.  Everyone on the Redskins shut up, slow down, stop everything and just pick someone to be your quarterback already.  Stick by them even if they suck at first.  Adjust to their strength and weaknesses.  We won't be mad if we go 4-12 with a growing QB while our defense grows.  We will be mad when we see this nonsense for the nth year in a row.  Since the franchise tag bull****, it's only gotten worse.  

Pick a ****ing QB and go with him already.  I don't care if it's some undrafted whoever,  it's the only way your team can sustain success.   I'm sick of case or whoever making a few good plays and giving hope.  We have no hope.  How are the fans done with hope before the people in charge of the team are.  

Steve Smith saying it right now.  Blow it up.

6 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

We still suck but Callahan is a better coach than Gruden. 

I need to see some points before I will agree with that.  Gruden seems to have lost the team this year, so I’m fine with his being fired.  The problem I have with celebrating his replacement is that the Redskins have scored 17 points against a team that wants to lose, then followed it up with 0 and 9.  That’s 8.7 ppg, which is almost impossibly bad.

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Bill Callahan needs to start Harmon.  We need more balance on offense.  More everything on offense really.

Somehow I think we will survive with Quinn coming off the bench for his 4 targets.

Since Callahan wants to run, he should get his big boys out there.

I'm sorry, but Haskins is absolute garbage. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he was drafted in the 5th round or later, but he legitimately looks like a walk on at your local community college. Can't even throw a semi-accurate pass to a wide open receiver 8 yards in front of him.

Yuck.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A "real fan". Get a life. Everyone here (in the midst of a disastrous season no less) on a ****ing message board of all places in the year of our lord 2019 to talk about this **** show is a "real fan". There is no hierarchy. You are not special or on a higher tier of fanhood. 

Show some sympathy. Only thing I can come away with upon seeing someone proclaim themselves a real fan of this plague riddled Dark age tragedy,  is that it's a very peculiar coping mechanism. 

We all have to come to grips with what is happening in our own way :(

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I agree he played well, but he also showed some of the same characteristics that make him the Kirk Cousins that frustrated the hell out of 'Skins fan. 

Like what?  There was nothing there when he took the sacks.  Tip of the cap to the D line of the Skins.  He was basically Alex Smith XL tonight, the optimal game manager in a game that requires nothing more than a game manager.

I’m certain he will actually stink up here soon enough, just hang in there.  

8 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

I'm over this ****ing team. Don't care at all anymore. You lost me, Dan. Life long fan, used to cry when we lost. 

It would take 3 super bowl wins in a row to get me back. I'm lost, forever.

Jesus gods let's start by making the playoffs first lol

Archived