Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Worst case is we finish 6-10 and out of the top ten, DH looks average and we end up drafting someone like Fromm.


If Haskins is 5-2 the rest of the way doesn’t matter how he looks. The job is his next year. That’s actually best case scenario. I would be beyond impressed with him and happy to say I was completely wrong. I doubt it happens but I am open to new information however unlikely.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Best case scenario is Haskins lights it up. Couple TDs a game, control of the offense, drives up and down the field with limited turnovers BUT we lose every game. I can work with that. He shows progress, we get a hight draft pick.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, arftech said:

Some of y'all sending out all sorts of bad juju with this kid.  I'll take the optimistic point of view.

 

I like the kid I don’t like the situation he finds himself in. Has very little to do with him for me right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

I like the kid I don’t like the situation he finds himself in. Has very little to do with him for me right now


Already hedging bets? He gets 8 starts with nearly zero expectations and a run heavy coach who is going to protect him. There is no situation where he will have less pressure on him starting for the Redskins. If he can’t handle this, he won’t be able to handle anything else when there are actual expectations to try to win and not simply hand it off most of the game.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


Already hedging bets? He gets 8 starts with nearly zero expectations and a run heavy coach who is going to protect him. There is no situation where he will have less pressure on him starting for the Redskins. If he can’t handle this, he won’t be able to handle anything else when there are actual expectations to try to win and not simply hand it off most of the game.

 

Just being realistic and honest. I’m not expecting much and I’ll be happy with pretty much whatever positives we can take from the situation. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got blocked by Hogs Haven for asking a simple question.  What if the next HC wants to draft his own guy?  Are we really going to force a qb on a coach yet again?  What if we pass on the next best coaching prospect for a QB who could bust???  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Worst case is we finish 6-10 and out of the top ten, DH looks average and we end up drafting someone like Fromm.

 

Not a chance the Skins get 6 wins.  There are three games remaining where they even have a sliver of a chance -- Jets, Panthers and Giants.  So,...maybe 4 tops.  I'll go with 2-14.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Probos said:

 

Not a chance the Skins get 6 wins.  There are three games remaining where they even have a sliver of a chance -- Jets, Panthers and Giants.  So,...maybe 4 tops.  I'll go with 2-14.  

I’m just saying that’s the worst case scenario, not  realistic one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:


If Haskins is 5-2 the rest of the way doesn’t matter how he looks. The job is his next year. That’s actually best case scenario. I would be beyond impressed with him and happy to say I was completely wrong. I doubt it happens but I am open to new information however unlikely.

I'm the opposite. I don't think nor expect the team's record to be a true indicator of his body of work. I'd rather him look like a starter and the team only wins say 1 or 2 remaining games than to win 5 of 7 and still be on the fence. I don't want to go through what the bears are with Trubisky, what Miami did with Tannehill or what TB is with Winston. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

We must have hired a consultant during the bye week. 

 

The skins are literally too stupid to figure out simple things themselves. 

 

I think its safe to say the decision was not Callahan's.

I think if Callahan wanted to play Case, a guy on a one-year deal and probably won't be back next year because he's more NFL ready right now than Dwayne isn't really thinking about the long-term for the redskins.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

We must have hired a consultant during the bye week. 

 

The skins are literally too stupid to figure out simple things themselves. 

 

I think its safe to say the decision was not Callahan's.

I think orders came down from SnyderAllen to start Haskins the rest of the year.  It makes sense.  Skins need to know what potential he has before next year's draft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

 

I think if that was the case, then it's time for him to sack the job off and walk. 

 

But I don't happen to think that was the case so he can stay. 

 

Hail. 

 

Honestly I'm not sure. 

 

I don't understand why basically on the same day Callahan was saying a starter wasn't named, the reports came out the Williams told Haskins he was the starter and then almost a week later Callahan named Haskins the starter. They can say whatever they want. That's just an odd scenario.

 

I'm not sure we'd ever see that with a competently run organization.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I just got blocked by Hogs Haven for asking a simple question.  What if the next HC wants to draft his own guy?  Are we really going to force a qb on a coach yet again?  What if we pass on the next best coaching prospect for a QB who could bust???  

 

For all the talk of wanting to give a rookie QB an oline, maybe drafting one would be a better idea considering ours is disintegrating.  Imo, with the current state of the franchise, we should be happy we have a young QB on a rookie deal and work on what's around them.  If he doesnt pan out, we'll get another chance at a QB down the road, but Haskins is set up for failure right now and so would his theoretical replacement.

 

You shouldnt of gotten banned for that suggestion, what else did you say? : )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its more McLaurin is the only guy on our offense worth a damn(other then AP)so teams are gameplanning to take him out.

 

Yup.  Unless I'm misremembering, the Bills were bracketing McLaurin for most of the game until they felt confident that a) the wind was too much, and b) the offense wasn't going to take shots on designed plays.  They then shifted the extra defender used to bracket McLaurin, towards the Box, which also explains why our run game went from doing damage to struggling.

 

Bills have a good defense that adapts well.  I wouldn't worry about Haskins to McLaurin based off of one game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...