Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

We should clearly cut him immediately, end this experiment and move on to the draft. We've already wasted too much time on Haskins, after 2 relief efforts, 1 start and a lot of "insider" info he is an unsalvageable bust.

In actual reality this team is a dumpster fire and until there is a fundamental top down organizational change it really doesn't matter who is qb1, what coach is out there, the Redskins will continue to muddle along in the basement of the NFL.

Good luck to the kid on Sunday, hopefully he shows signs of growth

13 hours ago, MariusVT said:

We should clearly cut him immediately, 

I dont know enough about haskins to call him a bust..not sure we've seen enough to cut a mid round 1st round pick?...I definitely believe it was a stretch for the skins to pick him...start him the rest of the season and if he ain't got "it" than use that pick on a qb instead of chase young.

Update: thanks to another poster(Xamiel)I now understand that the first paragraph was ment for sarcasm lol.sorry..carry on

I would like to point out that this exact sentiment of “I was right then, and I’m right now” is the same **** some of you said you absolutely hate about Dan Snyder lol. 

Its just so funny to watch you clown yourselves like this. Its like you have zero clue that a person (not you) could be 100% correct and it make little difference if that person (not you) comes off as a self congratulating douche. 

Please keep it up. If you can’t provide decent commentary you might as well be our entertainment. 

My sense is Haskins has many of the tools to be a good QB in the league --  but needs more time to be taught enough, and then carefully seasoned enough for the NFL level game.

Gone are the days when you were able to slowly bring along a talented rookie QB -- for 1-3 years before he had to sink or swim.  Teams are starting their new QBs  earlier and earlier in their career.  But unlike many of them, Haskins only had one serious year in NCAA-level.  So he's a little more raw.

I was hoping the Skins might be patient, and avoid tossing Dwayne too quickly into the fire.  He still needs to work on a few more things before he has to keep afloat and not regress behind this discombobulated offense.  I was hoping they wouldn't spoil the rookie's development by wanting everything NOW.  Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You actually want to defend yourself on Campbell after you were completely proven wrong? Dude come on. Defending positions that were proven to be wrong with clear overwhelming evidence is not a good look. Owning mistakes as a lesson learned and accepting new information and evidence shows some reasonableness. Actually doubling down and claiming you are still right is pretty sad man. Wow. 

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Like I said, find whatever there is concerning you, me, and Campbell. And I will gladly help you find this stuff if you need any help.

Your argument would be far more persuasive if you were diretly quoting things I posted back then instead of this vague overview of things as you remember it, right? So let's do it.

why don’t the both of you get a ****ing room so you can have your ****fight in private?

wtf does any of your bs have to do with the topic?

I hope that Callahan gives Dwayne lots of reps with the future core for this organization, starting with Guice, TMC and friends. Only we all know Callahan is as old school as AP and doubt he will give Guice many touches at all.  I am sure I am in the minority but I don't think Haskins benefits much from having AP be his back, other than further easing him in.   He is not a passing outlet yet we have all seen the checkdown be a young or struggling QBs best friend.  Sure Haskins can learn by handing off to AP 25 times and throwing 15 but I am not convinced that is best for his development.  I would rather see him throw closer to 30 times a game.  Quick passing, safe plays that minimize the hits. 

I do think its a mistake to slowly further unveil Jay's Shakespearean playbook.  I would more rather burn it and run the simplified version. And for the love of the game ditch some of that terminology if we want to ease him in at all.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

all.  I am sure I am in the minority but I don't think Haskins benefits much from having AP be his back, other than further easing him in. 

I disagree. I think it’s impossible to spend half a season evaluating a rookie rb and a rookie QB. AP helps Haskins in as you said easing him in. I don’t think we should be in a rush on Guice, especially with Love in the fold.

I heard Haskins is so bad and stupid that in practice he spent 30 minutes trying to put a glove on before realizing it was one of his shoes. He's so terrible that when he throws the football the wind itself screams in pain. Even God hates Haskins and only made him because He was on a 5 day bender and didn't realize what He was doing. Satan even disowned Haskins because he's so awful. 

Haskins is a bust. He's the worst thing since unevenly sliced bread served with ice cold butter and a broken knife to spread it. Everyone knows it. And if you don't know you are dumb and you have a stupid face. And you probably smell like burnt cheese. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I heard Haskins is so bad and stupid that in practice he spent 30 minutes trying to put a glove on before realizing it was one of his shoes. He's so terrible that when he throws the football the wind itself screams in pain. Even God hates Haskins and only made him because He was on a 5 day bender and didn't realize what He was doing. Satan even disowned Haskins because he's so awful. 

Haskins is a bust. He's the worst thing since unevenly sliced bread served with ice cold butter and a broken knife to spread it. Everyone knows it. And if you don't know you are dumb and you have a stupid face. And you probably smell like burnt cheese. 

I represent that remark.  You don't like my Limburger cologne?

4 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I hope that Callahan gives Dwayne lots of reps with the future core for this organization, starting with Guice, TMC and friends. Only we all know Callahan is as old school as AP and doubt he will give Guice many touches at all.  I am sure I am in the minority but I don't think Haskins benefits much from having AP be his back, other than further easing him in.   He is not a passing outlet yet we have all seen the checkdown be a young or struggling QBs best friend.  Sure Haskins can learn by handing off to AP 25 times and throwing 15 but I am not convinced that his best for his development.

I don’t necessarily disagree, because AP is not a long term plan, but I think you have to ease Guice in for multiple reasons - health, to acclimate him to the lines blocking (and them to his running style), to make sure he knows the plays - running and receiving - and to test his pass pro.  

This game is going to be an interesting one I think because it’s strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness, in terms of our O vs their D.  In addition, Gregg Williams vs Haskins could be problematic.  I expect a lot of 8 defenders in the box and tons of blitzing.  Who knows, maybe this turns into a similar situation to when we ran all over the Rams stout D a while back...

I would rather see throw closer to 30 times a game.  Quick passing, safe plays that minimize the hits.  

I do think its a mistake to slowly further unveil Jay's Shakespearean playbook.  I would more rather burn it and run the simplified version.

I think they’re going to have to unleash Haskins a bit against the Jets and yes, I’d like to see him given more passes as the season rolls on too.  I’d give him what he seems comfortable with and try to expand it weekly.  

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I would be elated if he wasn’t a bust and we win with him. I am a massive Redskins fan. They have been a huge part of my life for decades. I want us to win more than anything. I bought a Haskins jersey after the draft. I loved his Ohio State play and highlight reel. Unfortunately he doesn’t have what it takes to be a successful NFL QB. It’s the hardest position in professional sports. I don’t want us waiting 3 years to come to that conclusion. I really want to witness another super bowl win before I die. I’m 45 now. Wasting 3 years here 2 years there all adds up fast. That’s how we got here since 1992. 

Your argument is filled with so many holes.  The biggest one I cant figure out is, who is this generational talent you keep referring to?

Tua is not a generational talent.  He's probably better that Haskins, but he's no Peyton Manning, he's not even close to that level.  He also benefits from having played on a juggernaut, so how much of that is him and how much is the talent thats around him is another question.  The first real challenge he's faced in has career, versus LSU last week --  -- well lets just say he needs to do better to be considered a generational talent.

The only generational talent in this year's draft is named Chase Young. 

I dont think we will be in a position to get Young, which is fine cause we are okay on Line for now.  I actually am hoping for Okudah if we get a top 5 pick.  He's the closest thing to a cant-miss pick.  

Im also okay for trading down and getting an extra first rounder.  I think we can maybe do this and snag that monster LT out of Bama?  and maybe Jalen Hurts too.  We dont have to keep all our eggs in the Tua basket.  In fact thats the LAST thing we need to do.  I am definitely not on the Tua bandwaggon, even if Haskins is not the answer.  Thats about the worst thing we can do -- he's like Matthew Lienart redux.  

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Tua is not a generational talent.  He's probably better that Haskins, but he's no Peyton Manning, he's not even close to that level.  He also benefits from having played on a juggernaut, so how much of that is him and how much is the talent thats around him is another question.  The first real challenge he's faced in has career, versus LSU last week --  -- well lets just say he needs to do better to be considered a generational talent.

I watched that game and Tua didn't play poorly. His accuracy wasn't as good as it usually is but you could also tell that he was hobbled a bit by his ankle and that can definitely affect planting the feet and accuracy when throwing. He still had 4 TDs. But I'd say Burrow looked like the better overall QB in that game. 

That being said, I agree in general about Tua. I'm not convinced he's as good as some people believe. He's definitely a very good prospect and has some impressive attributes and stats but I don't think he's a "generational" prospect. He really is on an absolutely stacked team with lots of NFL level talent around him, including multiple 1st round WRs (one being a likely top 5 pick).

At this point I'd definitely be tempted to take Burrow over him if I had to choose. Only issue with Burrow is that, while he's a multi-year starter, he only has one year of big production. As far as talent, he doesn't have as much of a stacked team as Tua but he definitely has some nice talent around him.

12 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I dont know enough about haskins to call him a bust..not sure we've seen enough to cut a mid round 1st round pick?...I definitely believe it was a stretch for the skins to pick him...start him the rest of the season and if he ain't got "it" than use that pick on a qb instead of chase young.

I think your sarcasm meter is broken...

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

If you read the entire first paragraph it was obvious he was being sarcastic about people calling him a bust.

Lol yep your right my meter is broken I guess..thanks for pointing that out man haha..wasnt quite sure..quees I should of asked first

12 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

why don’t the both of you get a ****ing room so you can have your ****fight in private?

wtf does any of your bs have to do with the topic?

Speak for yourself. I'm prepping for the SlowCalSkins vs. Santa Lols showdown.

IYH21.gif

6 hours ago, Koala said:

Your argument is filled with so many holes.  The biggest one I cant figure out is, who is this generational talent you keep referring to?

Please provide a quote where I call anyone coming out in the draft a generational talent? I will be waiting forever because I never did. So if you are going to make up garbage at least make up something that’s not so easily refuted.

My argument has been that most first round quarterbacks are busts. That’s not any different for the crop coming out in the next draft. The last guy I would pick is Burrow. He lost the starting job to Haskins at Ohio State then transferred. Losing your job to a bust is not a good sign. Maybe there is a miracle and he steps up in the NFL but it’s a massive red flag. I don’t like any of the other guys in particular either. I would trade with Miami for Rosen, see if Alex Smith can do anything and sign a Keenum type guy. Trade the first for more picks. 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Lol yep your right my meter is broken I guess..thanks for pointing that out man haha..wasnt quite sure..quees I should of asked first

Yup, it was definitely sarcasm.  It's silly to be calling a guy a bust with not even 2 games of NFL football under his belt.  He definitely has talent but he shows all the signs of a guy who doesn't have a lot of experience.  He was definitely over drafted and he's in the wrong club to really be given the proper time/effort to be developed.

Archived