Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Unfortunately he doesn’t have what it takes to be a successful NFL QB. It’s the hardest position in professional sports.

Just say “at this point he hasn’t shown enough to prove he can be a successful QB”. Otherwise, no matter how you try to spin your story, it still comes out as arrogant.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

......hes a bust, after only ONE actual start, plus being thrown into the 2nd half of two games? You can’t seriously know after that little game time that he’s a bust. Come the actual **** on.....

We drafted Andre Johnson in the first round at offensive tackle from Penn State in 1996. He never played a single down and was cut a year later. You don’t need a huge body of evidence to realize you have a bust.  When your teammates purposely don’t intercept you in practice, you don’t belong in the NFL. Not a difficult concept. Investing more time, resources and energy on a bust to save face for making the wrong choice is idiotic. Owning your misfire and moving on is the smart play.

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

We have gaping holes at LT, TE, CB, and WR. If we are fortunate enough to end up with the #2 pick and spend it on a generational QB instead of trading for multiple picks to build a team. ..that "generational QB" and the rest of the team will be screwed for 10 years.

Oh so you are in favor of the Bruce Allen "Look, Dan, I'm doing a Hershel Walker" trade that ends up with a starting guard and a special teamer because of course it will plan.

Pity the living. That's what I say.

PS

Honestly, a part of me wants to see three Pick Sixes next week out of Haskins just because all these "He's becoming a leader" tweets are annoying me.

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

PS

Honestly, a part of me wants to see three Pick Sixes next week out of Haskins just because all these "He's becoming a leader" tweets are annoying me.

Actively rooting for our rookie QB to fail because of something he has no control over?  Classy.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Calling a first round quarterback a bust is not a controversial take. Statistically you would be far more correct making that prediction than not regardless of who the player is. When you start getting red flags about preparation, ability to memorize playbook and difficulty in reading defenses to a point where your own team purposely doesn’t intercept you in practice, the QB is a lost cause. No coming back from that. It’s not trolling. It’s reality. 

Preparation is paramount, but the whole memorization of the playbook in his rookie year is a non issue, IMHO. Sure, other rookies may pick up an offense quicker than others, but there’s so many examples of young guys being credited with picking things up fast that become backups or out of the league. 

33 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Disregarding the logic fallacy of that statement, where does this info come from? What did I miss?

Wow! I am actually impressed you can overcome what must be vast amounts of shame and engage with me after my thorough vindication and you absolutely being discredited in every way possible on Jason Campbell. I was not wrong then and I am spot on now. I am happy to provide further education... 

Here is the clip where D Hall talks about the defense purposely not intercepting him in practice. Around a minute into the video:

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Looking forward to Moses’ weekly drive-killing hold. 

So Moses has exactly 1 holding penalty in the last 4 gms and it was declined. In fact, the last accepted holding call against Moses was 9/29 against the Giants. Moses had two opening night but since then only two more in 8 gms, so only 1 for the last 7 gms. 

Perception and reality many times do not match. 

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Wow! I am actually impressed you can overcome what must be vast amounts of shame and engage with me after my thorough vindication and you absolutely being discredited in every way possible on Jason Campbell. I was not wrong then and I am spot on now. I am happy to provide further education...

So your memory is as bad as your analytical skills lol...good to know. 👍

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So Moses has exactly 1 holding penalty in the last 4 gms and it was declined. In fact, the last accepted holding call against Moses was 9/29 against the Giants. Moses had two opening night but since then only two more in 8 gms, so only 1 for the last 7 gms. 

Perception and reality many times do not match. 

You are correct. My perception is based on the 14 penalties (and more declined) he took last year and the 7 (albeit 2 declined) he's taken this year. He's definitely getting better in that he's only had the 12th most penalties among tackles as opposed to just having the most last year and he's definitely earned the right to run his mouth all year.

Perhaps I should have said holding or False Start. Is that better? 

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So your memory is as bad as your analytical skills lol...good to know. 👍

I will be happy to document your thorough humiliation at another time but it’s all documented unless you went back and deleted posts.... Just gave you something to do for the next week. The amount of nonsense posts you have which were 100% wrong is mind blowing . At least you’re consistent in being wrong after all these years. Random chance would dictate being right once in a while but you have an uncommon skill in avoiding that... 😂

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

You are correct. My perception is based on the 14 penalties (and more declined) he took last year and the 7 (albeit 2 declined) he's taken this year. He's definitely getting better in that he's only had the 12th most penalties among tackles as opposed to just having the most last year and he's definitely earned the right to run his mouth all year.

Perhaps I should have said holding or False Start. Is that better? 

No one said anything about him being able to run his mouth. Just pointing out you made a snide and incorrect statement without data to support it. And i am one of many who posted his penalty woes from last yr - they have not a thing to with this year so you can save that. 

The 12th ranking is incorrect since they have people classified incorrectly - Penn as a Guard and Flowers as a tackle. And saying 12th with 5 accepted penalties is misleading. That is not a lot of penalties. Not to mention one of those "tied" with him is Garrett Bolles with 6 declined holding calls. Then many peoples savior who the team was supposed to pay huge money to Ty Nseke. 

If you would stop the snark long enough to look at the numbers you would see he has made good strides at least in the early part of Callahan -

Moses had 3 false starts in 9 gms - so no saying false starts you would still be just as wrong. He only has a total of 5 accepted penalties in those 9 gms (yes 2 declined). But even more important, only 1 penalty in the last 4 gms - a FS - there is a theme here. 

While ****ing about Moses why not also complain about about Donald Penn? He also has 5 accepted penalties - (3 holding declined!). That would be 2 holding, 2 Fs and a chop block. Flowers and Scherff have 4 each. Just one less than Moses. 

But the bigger point here is that the team only has 8 offensive penalties in the last 4 gms, and that includes 5 during the rain fest. That is opposed to 5/gm in the first 5 gms. 

But I know the data doesn't matter. You think he holds all the time **** it! He holds right? To hell with data. 

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

For fans, what is the benefit of declaring Haskins a bust now, this very moment?... What's the reward from doing so now instead of, say, in January or waiting until next October? Do you get a free set of steak knives or something? Is it just trolling as a sport? Is it because there are no ramifications from doing so--that if Haskins ends up being a good QB it won't matter what you're saying now, so why not toss out all the hot takes that you can?

I'm all for everyone having their own opinions, positive or negative, doesn't matter to me. But outside of stubborn adherence to certain beliefs I can't understand just a blatant refusal to wait and see if a player develops. My brother-in-law--halfway through the 2012 season--said Russell Wilson and RG3 would both bust hard in the NFL, even though he had never seen either QB actually play, because "I don't like running QBs". He didn't see a need to wait. He didn't even see a need to watch them play lol...

I agree with your first point, he's trolling.  As for your second point, your bother-in-law was half right.

18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I will be happy to document your thorough humiliation at another time but it’s all documented unless you went back and deleted posts.... Just gave you something to do for the next week. The amount of nonsense posts you have which were 100% wrong is mind blowing . At least you’re consistent in being wrong after all these years. Random chance would dictate being right once in a while but you have an uncommon skill in avoiding that... 😂

No, please do...I want you to re-document everything concerning me, you, and Campbell. I'll help you locate stuff if you can't find it. I know exactly what my stance was on Campbell so I'm interested to see if your depleted analytical skills stretch back 10+ years or if this is something more recent lol...let me know if you need any help. I'll even ask the mods if there's a quick way of searching for stuff like this. I have zero problem with you doing so. I mean, none whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I agree with your first point, he's trolling.  As for your second point, your bother-in-law was half right.

But he wasn't half-right, though. Griffin's bust status had little to do with his running. He could have said both would bust because he doesn't like black QBs...would he still be half-right simply because one player did indeed become a bust?

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No, please do...I want you to re-document everything concerning me, you, and Campbell. I'll help you locate stuff if you can't find it. I know exactly what my stance was on Campbell so I'm interested to see if your depleted analytical skills stretch back 10+ years or if this is something more recent lol...let me know if you need any help. I'll even ask the mods if there's a quick way of searching for stuff like this. I have zero problem with you doing so. I mean, none whatsoever.

You actually want to defend yourself on Campbell after you were completely proven wrong? Dude come on. Defending positions that were proven to be wrong with clear overwhelming evidence is not a good look. Owning mistakes as a lesson learned and accepting new information and evidence shows some reasonableness. Actually doubling down and claiming you are still right is pretty sad man. Wow. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You actually want to defend yourself on Campbell after you were completely proven wrong? Dude come on. Defending positions that were proven to be wrong with clear overwhelming evidence is not a good look. Owning mistakes as a lesson learned and accepting new information and evidence shows some reasonableness. Actually doubling down and claiming you are still right is pretty sad man. Wow. 

Like I said, find whatever there is concerning you, me, and Campbell. And I will gladly help you find this stuff if you need any help.

Your argument would be far more persuasive if you were diretly quoting things I posted back then instead of this vague overview of things as you remember it, right? So let's do it.

45 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No one said anything about him being able to run his mouth. Just pointing out you made a snide and incorrect statement without data to support it. And i am one of many who posted his penalty woes from last yr - they have not a thing to with this year so you can save that. 

The 12th ranking is incorrect since they have people classified incorrectly - Penn as a Guard and Flowers as a tackle. And saying 12th with 5 accepted penalties is misleading. That is not a lot of penalties. Not to mention one of those "tied" with him is Garrett Bolles with 6 declined holding calls. Then many peoples savior who the team was supposed to pay huge money to Ty Nseke. 

If you would stop the snark long enough to look at the numbers you would see he has made good strides at least in the early part of Callahan -

Moses had 3 false starts in 9 gms - so no saying false starts you would still be just as wrong. He only has a total of 5 accepted penalties in those 9 gms (yes 2 declined). But even more important, only 1 penalty in the last 4 gms - a FS - there is a theme here. 

While ****ing about Moses why not also complain about about Donald Penn? He also has 5 accepted penalties - (3 holding declined!). That would be 2 holding, 2 Fs and a chop block. Flowers and Scherff have 4 each. Just one less than Moses. 

But the bigger point here is that the team only has 8 offensive penalties in the last 4 gms, and that includes 5 during the rain fest. That is opposed to 5/gm in the first 5 gms. 

But I know the data doesn't matter. You think he holds all the time **** it! He holds right? To hell with data. 

Because Moses has been garbage all year and for a guy making 9 million I expect someone who isn’t a liability, I give Penn more leeway because he’s playing a much more difficult position without the benefit of a pro-bowler next to him. 

And in terms of total flags he sits 20th most of all OL regardless of who is listed as what. 

Moses is a liability and even with our woes on the line I wouldn’t be surprised to see him cut considering he counts for about 9 mil against the cap for the next three years (vs cutting him at a hit of 3.8)

Simply put, he hasn’t been good. He had one decent season, back in 2016 and he’s been a problem since.

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Preparation is paramount, but the whole memorization of the playbook in his rookie year is a non issue, IMHO. Sure, other rookies may pick up an offense quicker than others, but there’s so many examples of young guys being credited with picking things up fast that become backups or out of the league. 

Name a successful NFL QB who was so bad in practice his own team had to avoid intercepting him on purpose and later developed. You can’t. This dude is cartoonish level bad. It’s an SNL skit of a bust.  

His not picking up the playbook is far more egregious according to the reporting Czabe provided.

Your last point supports my position. Even guys who pick it up fast end up busting. So if you’re not picking it up at all what does that say? We can do the dance and give him 7 more games or another 2 years. It’s not going to matter. It’s over for him. At least we hit on one Ohio State draft pick this year. 

Archived