Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

33 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I know what you mean (and I agree), but my initial reaction was Dwayne finding out from Doug that he’s starting is not at all ’the way it should be’.  

Well, we have an interim HC and it’s only week 10 or something right? 

Nothing is ever as it should be here lol

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I know what you mean (and I agree), but my initial reaction was Dwayne finding out from Doug that he’s starting is not at all ’the way it should be’.  

That I didn't comment on and I agree.  It should be from Callahan.  Pertaining to Callahan he's not HC material, IMO.  He's being used as a puppet right now when it comes to the QB position, I'm guessing.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman just on 106.7.  Said there was a meeting on Monday with Doug and Haskins.  He's not sure what transpired except Haskins was left with the impression that he'd start. 

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but in Keim's podcast, he had a little nugget in there about Haskins interception against the Vikings and how he talked to Doug Williams about it and Doug told him that it sailed because he didn't set his feet. 

Not much there, but it's good to know that the two have a relationship. I know Doug said he wanted to have a relationship with RG3, but it never developed. I don't think it's Doug's job to be a QB coach, but he does know the position and has had success there, and I think it can be good that he's (Haskins) talking with somebody. 

Not really related to the starting news, but thought it was interesting. 

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

I am baffled here. Why did they announce that Haskins is the starter when you are in bye-week mode?

Because he's gonna be taking all the practices with the 1s and Bill probably didn't wanna spend 2 weeks answering the same friggin questions about Case over and over.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Byron Haskins? Is that his younger brother, or twice removed second cousin or something? 

No, its just TedSkins is not on the Haskins bandwagon and is simply comparing Haskins to Byron Leftwich.  It's a silly comparison because he's played one year of college ball and his experience level is lacking which puts him at a disadvantage. 

Hail Em Up!

16 hours ago, KDawg said:

It's one of about 800 mechanical issues I've noted on him. Others people have, too. We'll see what happens with him, though. If he makes it work he makes it work.

Yeh, it is possible he can make it work. I know this has been mentioned before, but if you watch Kyler Murray, his mechanics are kind of wild to watch as well. I know a lot of that has been attributed to baseball and the arm angles and stuff, but the point being it CAN work without having perfect mechanics.

Remember Philip Rivers coming out? There isn't a more unorthodox looking motion in the league, and he's a borderline HOFer.

Meanwhile everyone was so high on Josh Rosen's mechanics...

The other thing is, Haskins has shown he does have the ability to get set and throw a beautiful ball. If he can do it sometimes, he can learn to do it more often. That's the thing about Kyler right now, when he does get set and throws it properly, he throws absolute dimes. 

From what I gather, Callahan wanted to wait and see if Keenum would clear the concussion protocol and probably would've named him the starter if he cleared this week, but the FO had other plans and went over his head and told Haskins he would start.  Which is exactly what all of the winning organizations do in the NFL.  🙄

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

From what I gather, Callahan wanted to wait and see if Keenum would clear the concussion protocol and probably would've named him the starter if he cleared this week, but the FO had other plans and went over his head and told Haskins he would start.  Which is exactly what all of the winning organizations do in the NFL.  🙄

It's easy to say they are doing something wrong, but honestly, they SHOULD be telling the interim guy what they want to see. And it SHOULDN'T be Keenum. 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:17 AM, Llevron said:

Just when I thought it was over you pull me back in. Can't a guy take off a few days to live without coming back to nonsense like i did.  I can see i must have really got the best  Let me respond with a similar but appropriate retort to you. I'll just use empirical data and common sense. Looks like it has worked so far. But still I'm far from the sharpest knife in the drawer. Not that I'm projecting anything here LOL

42 minutes ago, dballer said:

It's easy to say they are doing something wrong, but honestly, they SHOULD be telling the interim guy what they want to see. And it SHOULDN'T be Keenum. 

You don't tell the interim guy that he has full roster control and then a few weeks later go behind his back and name a starting quarterback.  

And I want Haskins to start.  But this ain't how you go about it unless you are a dysfunctional dumpster fire.

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

You don't tell the interim guy that he has full roster control and then a few weeks later go behind his back and name a starting quarterback.  

And I want Haskins to start.  But this ain't how you go about it unless you are a dysfunctional dumpster fire.

Totally agree. Let Haskins start. Let's get on with this.

7 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Hopefully byron haskins plays better against the Jets. I won’t hold my breath, though.

The Leftwich comparison doesn't make sense. Leftwich and Jason Campbell were destined for mediocrity because of a painfully slow release and, particularly in the case of JC, an inability to throw with enough velocity to thread the needle between defenders. Haskins has a very fast release and solid arm strength for both distance and velocity. His issue is his accuracy goes to **** the moment he is pressured off his spot. Maybe this will improve with reps, probably more likely it won't.

If you want to lump him in with a QB bust, Sanchez would be more analagous - both had limited experience in college but were considered high prospects with the hope that mechanical flaws could be remedied.

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

I agree.  On 980 radio this morning they have a report from another radio station WJFK that Doug Williams told Haskins he would start the rest of the games this

year BEFORE Callahan told the media that he has full control of the 53 man roster.   The dumpster fire continues with dysfunction at top of the management

chain.  Front office continues to control coaching staff that does not want their control imposed on them.  Gruden is gone and the nonsense continues.  Left

hand and the right hand refuse to work with each other.  Does this happen on the Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, etc.??  This is the owners fault.

Jack Kent Cooke told Bobby Beathard (GM) and Gibbs that if they could not make a joint decison about a player they would go to him and the owner would

break the tie.  This forced the GM and Head Coach to agree more so they did not have to escalate their disagreements to the owner.   The Danny continues

to allow chaos.  The players are stuck in the middle of the cream filled cookie.

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

You also don't give the interim guy total control.

The Skins are a disaster, but insisting that Haskins should start is a no-brainer.

Also, no coach is ever going to want to come here under the current FO. Might as well promote KOC now.

Archived