Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

Im just asking for clarity at this point. Cause I dont remember comparing other QBs to Haskins against the bills.

My retort  Your words:

"Take a look at what the other QBs did against the bills this season. It's on the previous page". 

You remember now right?  But on top of that your argument is for turnovers. That's your comparison. Ok he had less turnovers than the others. 

But since we are comparing QBs like you asked for after forgetting that you did against the Bills  it also looks like Haskins threw for the least amount of yards of all of them. There is no bull*****  in any of that. Yea any QB can throw for the least amount of yards and no touchdowns. Turnovers happen sometime when you're trying to score instead of dinking and dunking for the most part. Nothing wrong with dinking but comparing to other QBs for not turning it over while throwing screens and 10 yard passes which is why he threw for the least amount of yards than all the other QBs holds little to no weight.

Then you say   "No hard feelings I just like calling out obvious bull**** when I see it.   But there is none other than your i don't remember comparing QB statement  You're just running off with emotion pretending that your making some sort of point. The only bull***** is you saying you never compared Haskins to other QBs.  Best you leave this alone while you're still behind.

Im hoping we see Haskins the rest of the season, if only so our next coach has tape to study on him from the start so he can make a decision on of we draft a QB with our likely #1 or #2 overall draft pick. 

I think drafting either tua or herbert in Vegas would get this fanbase some hope for next season. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Im hoping we see Haskins the rest of the season, if only so our next coach has tape to study on him from the start so he can make a decision on of we draft a QB with our likely #1 or #2 overall draft pick. 

I think drafting either tua or herbert in Vegas would get this fanbase some hope for next season. 

AS long Dan Snyder owns the team, there is no hope.

@Sonny9TD come on man. Seriously. Im not often the bigger person but this is embarrassing for real now. I dont want to be associated with this lol

You dont really wanna do this anymore I know you dont. I dont either we can stop there is no pressure to keep this up. You win you can have it 

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get the whole "don't announce anything until you have to" schtick.  

But, the team is 1-8 with the Jets up next.  Do we really need to subscribe to these mind games at this point? 

Yep, it's not like the Jets won't already be able to figure out our game plan is going to be.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Out of curiosity, which other teams outside of us were genuinely linked with Haskins the most pre draft, anyone recall?

None he was just projected to go to the giants before the draft...the reports are most teams had him going in the 2nd or 3rd even. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kirk killed it in the Cleveland game, too that year.  I get wanting to see something like that from Haskins.  but we got all season to watch that play out.  Kirk had more college experience than Haskins.  I agree if we see no flashes from Haskins moving forward, it's a reason for concern.  

I really got no clue about Haskins.  But I think if he plays the rest of the games we will have an idea.  a game and change I think is premature. 

Yes, after starting in a pro-style attack for 3 years after being an understudy for 2 other years Kirk was well prepared in college for success in the NFL.  Kirk's 2015 breakout year may have come much earlier, perhaps right out of the gate in 2012 if he had been drafted to start.

It is grossly unfair to Haskins to expect him to be as developed as Cousins during his rookie year.  It is however very fair to ask the Redskins why they drafted a QB project with the 15th pick in the draft.  A fair question to ask Bruce Snyder or Dan Allen if Haskins doesn't progress but as of now, the fans should be patient and supportive of Haskins, who didn't ask to be drafted by the Redskins and has to overcome all the Redskins dysfunction as well as learn to run a WCO in the NFL.

Completely random thought, maybe should use that thread, but anyway...

If Haskins doesn't start and Case comes back in,  maybe it's to protect Haskins from being immediate damaged goods. If we are heading towards a top 2 pick and a new HC, what about the scenario that a new QB will be drafted and Haskins jettisoned Rosen style.

Sitting him may positively slightly outway having him get torn apart for 2 months on the fields. 

No substance in that, just random as stated upfront :)

26 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yes, after starting in a pro-style attack for 5 years after being an understudy for 2 other years so Kirk was well prepared in college for success in the NFL.  Kirk's 2015 breakout year may have come much earlier, perhaps right out of the gate in 2012 if he had been drafted to start.

It is grossly unfair to Haskins to expect him to be as developed as Cousins during his rookie year.  It is however very fair to ask the Redskins why they drafted a QB project with the 15th pick in the draft.  A fair question to ask Bruce Snyder or Dan Allen if Haskins doesn't progress but as of now, the fans should be patient and supportive of Haskins, who didn't ask to be drafted by the Redskins and has to overcome all the Redskins dysfunction as well as learn to run a WCO in the NFL.

Yeah the whole narrative involving Dan with Haskins seems deja vous and not in a good way.  But agree that's not Haskins' fault.  Heck Dan if anything maybe due how many times can he get the same thing wrong?  You'd think you can throw darts randomly on a board at QB prospects and eventually get one right eventually. 

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Thanks. So Bengals tanking for a new QB in 2020. Maybe they take Young and trade a second rounder for Haskins.

Hoffman says no way they'd give up on Haskins unless Bruce is gone.  Sheehan said he heard that Dan's man crush on Haskins was shared in a big way with Bruce. 

I am not saying they should give up.  But saying if you buy into what some say they are going to ride with Haskins next year. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

@Sonny9TD come on man. Seriously. Im not often the bigger person but this is embarrassing for real now. I dont want to be associated with this lol

You dont really wanna do this anymore I know you dont. I dont either we can stop there is no pressure to keep this up. You win you can have it 

you're the one calling  bull**** and talking all the trash. I just told it like it is. Not once did i say you were full of bull**** or think i was smarter until you acted like you were and tried to act like you were somehow smarter or above me. Aint gonna happen.  i had to set it straight. If you had been somewhat decent about it this would have been over a while back. Whether Haskins is a bust or not which i think he is is beside the point. I could certainly be wrong about that. But not what we were talking about. 

I.....don’t really know how to respond? I could keep going like this for days but it was petty 5 hours ago now it’s just excessive. 

I still think your argument was stupid. I still think I was right. I just don’t think it’s worth littering the thread with more of *your silly dribble. 

Can we just agree to stfu about it by now? FIVE HOURS LATER? Lol 😂 

*I guess our is more fair 

Who is Keim referring to as to "they"?  He's agreeing that he thinks Haskins will start (responding in a twitter exchange).  He's referring to Callahan though not taking the approach that "they" wanted.  I am presuming "they" means Dan/Bruce?  

Michael Phillips said every veteran he's talked to after yesterday's game said that Haskins should start against the Jets. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's referring to Callahan though not taking the approach that "they" wanted.  I am presuming "they" means Dan/Bruce?  

Thats the way I read it. I can’t see any other interpretation. 

Which im actually cool with. Means Dan and Bruce let their opinion be known but also let Callahan do what he thinks is best a coach. That’s the best you are gonna get with dan I think. Especially with an part time HC

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who is Keim referring to as to "they"?  He's agreeing that he thinks Haskins will start (responding in a twitter exchange).  He's referring to Callahan though not taking the approach that "they" wanted.  I am presuming "they" means Dan/Bruce?  

Michael Phillips said every veteran he's talked to after yesterday's game said that Haskins should start against the Jets. 

I read that as Haskins not taking the approach the coaches wanted initially.  Ie. they don’t want to hand him the start, but want to see him continue to work hard before giving it to him.  

Edit:  Oh, wait... I missed what you said about Callahan not taking the approach ‘they’ wanted... huh.  

Lets hope they unleash this kid more coming off of the bye week....We need to see him play where he has full command of this offense or at least a basic understanding to the point where he feels comfortable in this league. This Sunday in Buffalo has to give him some confidence and more comfort than he's had prior to the game. Haskins is the only real reason to watch this team for the remainder of this season. Hope he makes it somewhat entertaining.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Lets hope they unleash this kid more coming off of the bye week....We need to see him play where he has full command of this offense or at least a basic understanding to the point where he feels comfortable in this league. This Sunday in Buffalo has to give him some confidence and more comfort than he's had prior to the game. Haskins is the only real reason to watch this team for the remainder of this season. Hope he makes it somewhat entertaining.

With the combination of the weather, facing a good defense, and it being Haskins’ first start, I think it made a lot of sense to go with a fairly conservative game plan.  If I were them, I’d slowly let the leash out.  On a game by game basis, they can determine how much pressure he’s facing early on, and then call for deeper drops/routes sprinkled in if the pass pro is holding up.  I’d still call a lot of screens and such though to try to keep the pass rush at bay.  

Archived