Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 hours ago, arftech said:

No, its just TedSkins is not on the Haskins bandwagon and is simply comparing Haskins to Byron Leftwich.  It's a silly comparison because he's played one year of college ball and his experience level is lacking which puts him at a disadvantage. 

Hail Em Up!

That and Leftwich was 100 times better.

13 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Dumpster fire out side of Taco Bell picture

What does this picture has to do with the Skins? It is outside of the Taco Bell as the caption on the picture says... lol

TIP: You can right click on a HUGE picture while holding down the CTRL key and go to properties and resize the picture to say 600 pixels Wide so that it fits better in your post. This tip is for everyone, by the way. :)

42 minutes ago, zskins said:

What does this picture has to do with the Skins? It is outside of the Taco Bell as the caption on the picture says... lol

TIP: You can right click on a HUGE picture while holding down the CTRL key and go to properties and resize the picture to say 600 pixels Wide so that it fits better in your post. This tip is for everyone, by the way. :)

Please dont teach him how to use the internet lol. Im still recoiling from when they taught him how to post Gifs

(totally kidding) 

6 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I dont see an issue with Haskins and Doug Williams being close. If anything, I think thats a great thing. That is precisely the reason to have a guy like Williams around in the FO.

I got no issue with it.  I agree it should be good for him. 

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Fwiw, Doug told Doc Walker the report/rumor isn't true.

That's true.  And Hoffman doubled down on it on his end.  Said they are lying.   You got me what's true.  Not sure it matters. 

I look at Doug Williams as the players connection to the front office. We don’t want players talking directly to Snyder, nor would anyone talk directly with allen if it could at all be avoided. I’m guessing Allens’s role here is closer to securing a stadium At RFK. Of course, I hope that’s why he’s still here and not for GM attributes. Williams is the middle man here who has a voice within the FO but can relate to the players.

As long as Doug doesn’t sugar coat things with Dwayne, I am perfectly fine with the relationship. 

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I look at Doug Williams as the players connection to the front office. We don’t want players talking directly to Snyder, nor would anyone talk directly with allen if it could at all be avoided. I’m guessing Allens’s role here is closer to securing a stadium At RFK. Of course, I hope that’s why he’s still here and not for GM attributes. Williams is the middle man here who has a voice within the FO but can relate to the players.

As long as Doug doesn’t sugar coat things with Dwayne, I am perfectly fine with the relationship. 

What is any of this based on? Pure wishful thinking on your part. Snyder talks to whoever he wants. Look at his relationship with Alex Smith. Jordan Reed didn’t take the jet to Pittsburgh without talking to Dan. 

Doug has zero power and influence. They trot him out when Bruce doesn’t want to answer questions. They let him talk to the press after we claimed Reuben Foster on waivers and messed up so bad they had to make Doug apologize for calling Foster’s history off the field as small potatoes. Doug wasn’t consulted on the Alex Smith trade and has very little say on anything. He’s basically Bruce’s fall guy and they use his success as a player for the good will it brings. He’s not some player whisperer either.

One has to remember it was Doug Williams who recruited and got Adrian Peterson to sign with the Skins, not Allen.  Williams has some pull.  It wouldn't surprise me if Williams was pulling hard for Haskins.  Haskins has talent he just needs time for it to come out in his game.  He played one full season as Ohio State and threw for 50 TDs.  Ohio State is a good program.  Again, Haskins needs time and the fans and media need to allow him time for his game to grow.  Let him play the rest of this season and let's see if we see improvement at the end of the year.

Recruited AP? Don’t get me wrong I love AP. He has a heart of a champion. But at that point in time he was out of football, pretty much broke and had few if any other options. He wasn’t “recruited”. He was put through a workout which is unusual for a player of his caliber and got a small 1 year deal in August after Guice went down. Nothing about that shows Doug has clout.

As far as Haskins, pure conjecture on your part. The coaches can’t even get him to memorize simple plays. The fans don’t need to have patience with another Snyder pick the football people didn’t want. The fact that the football guys didn’t want him and as you claim Doug is high on him shows you where Doug stands. He’s obviously not considered a “football guy” and Dan and Bruce only share information with him when they need to trot him out to try and smooth something over. 

This whole narrative is pretty pathetic and exactly what Bruce and Dan want the fans to have. That somehow Doug will Mr. Miyagi Haskins into a stud by taking him under his wing after practice. This isn’t an after school special. The NFL doesn’t work that way. You guys need to get way more cynical after the past 20 years than to fall for these corny nonsense narratives. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

As far as Haskins, pure conjecture on your part. The coaches can’t even get him to memorize simple plays. 

How is the second part of this not also conjecture? I know there have been some reports of him needing more time to get the plays down but you seem to have taken that and then added your own conjecture onto it. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How is the second part of this not also conjecture? I know there have been some reports of him needing more time to get the plays down but you seem to have taken that and then added your own conjecture onto it. 

This is straight from Redskins sources from Czabe. If true, Haskins is a bust. Period. Isnt’t our first and won’t be our last. Get over this wishful thinking of somehow he’s going to miraculously stop sucking. He’s not. Sad but true... 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Recruited AP? Don’t get me wrong I love AP. He has a heart of a champion. But at that point in time he was out of football, pretty much broke and had few if any other options. He wasn’t “recruited”. He was put through a workout which is unusual for a player of his caliber and got a small 1 year deal in August after Guice went down. Nothing about that shows Doug has clout.

As far as Haskins, pure conjecture on your part. The coaches can’t even get him to memorize simple plays. The fans don’t need to have patience with another Snyder pick the football people didn’t want. The fact that the football guys didn’t want him and as you claim Doug is high on him shows you where Doug stands. He’s obviously not considered a “football guy” and Dan and Bruce only share information with him when they need to trot him out to try and smooth something over. 

This whole narrative is pretty pathetic and exactly what Bruce and Dan want the fans to have. That somehow Doug will Mr. Miyagi Haskins into a stud by taking him under his wing after practice. This isn’t an after school special. The NFL doesn’t work that way. You guys need to get way more cynical after the past 20 years than to fall for these corny nonsense narratives. 

Simply stating that Williams didn't get approval from Allen before he was signed.  Also, stating that Haskins deserves a chance this year to prove if he is NFL caliber and continues to improve game by game.  Jones is lighten the NFL up at #6 overall and has had more opportunities than Haskins and played more in CFB.  Give the dude a chance, man!  That's all I'm saying.  

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Don’t. Just don’t. He and his alter egos on here are on a mission to slander Haskins any chance they get. You won’t be able to change their minds.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Don’t. Just don’t. He and his alter egos on here are on a mission to slander Haskins any chance they get. You won’t be able to change their minds.

Will literally have a better conversation with a wall. I keep trying but they keep taking the low road. 

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Has Louis Riddick come out and said how the Jaguars ruined Gardner Minshew for going back to Foles?  Or was having the backup QB come in and play to be replaced by the healthy starter only an issue for this team?  

It's a bit different in Jacksonville compared to here. The better way to describe their situation is that the 6th round pick is being replaced by the Super Bowl MVP.

18 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

It's a bit different in Jacksonville compared to here. The better way to describe their situation is that the 6th round pick is being replaced by the Super Bowl MVP.

Who they also just gave 4 years, $88mm to... they’re gonna at least give him a chance. 

47 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

But I thought a backup inserted into a starting role without starting reps would have his pysche crushed and wouldn't be able to recover?  Does Doug Marrone have an agenda?

59 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

But I thought a backup inserted into a starting role without starting reps would have his pysche crushed and wouldn't be able to recover?  Does Doug Marrone have an agenda?

there is zero risk throwing a 6th round qb into the fray against easier competition and better weather conditions. 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

You're twisting it so hard that I can't keep up with which agenda you're trying to push. The 6th round pick was the backup you're worried about, or the Super Bowl MVP is the guy coming in cold and needs more starting reps?

I'll answer for both cases:

1. Minshew had to play because Foles got injured, in the same way that Haskins had to start last week because Keenum had a concussion. When the main guy is injured, there is no time to be careful.

2. Nick Foles is a Super Bowl MVP. At 30 years old, 8 years as a pro, and an 88 million dollar contract as HTTRDynasty pointed out, he damn well better be able to come in cold lol

Archived