Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I'm legitimately confused how Ramsey wound up on the same list as Beck and Wuerrfel.

People are often breathtaking in their stupidity.  Because a player was not ultimately a success, this means he was no different than guys who did absolutely nothing in the league or had a couple of decent-ish games.  No sense of history or understanding.

2 hours ago, RawRebel said:

Patrick Ramsey played 9 games his 1st year threw for 1539 yards and had 9 tds to 8 ints. His best year as a Skins was 2166 yards and 14tds to 9 ints in 11 games. Let's not make it seem like Ramsey was some kind of world beater.

Yes, let's pull out stats like some of us didn't watch the games and weren't on this very board talking about the positive traits, achievements and negative tendencies of the guy.  No one said he was a "world beater," it's odd to even set up that strawman but to comparing him to Beck requires someone to be a moron.  And Ramsey looked better than any of the young QBs we've had here except RG3 2012 and Kirk Cousins.

3 hours ago, RawRebel said:

Patrick Ramsey played 9 games his 1st year threw for 1539 yards and had 9 tds to 8 ints. His best year as a Skins was 2166 yards and 14tds to 9 ints in 11 games. Let's not make it seem like Ramsey was some kind of world beater.

No one is making him out to be a world beater...

Just better than the guys you grouped him with. Significantly so.

Plus the eye test matters.

5 hours ago, RawRebel said:

Meh. Ramsey was given no chance to succeed. He got the crap beaten out of him in an offense with 3 protections, no hot reads and a coach too lazy to put the work in to make any adjustments.

Don’t know if he would have been a ‘world beater’ - but he had an NFL skill set and could have at least been an Andy Dalton type starter in a better situation.

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No one is making him out to be a world beater...

Just better than the guys you grouped him with. Significantly so.

Plus the eye test matters.

The whole purpose of my post was a response to Haskins being the worst QB the Redskins have ever drafted. I don't understand how can anyone can come to this conclusion after only 5 games started. 

8 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

The whole purpose of my post was a response to Haskins being the worst QB the Redskins have ever drafted. I don't understand how can anyone can come to this conclusion after only 5 games started. 

It’s pretty trigger happy to say, agreed.

I haven’t seen a lot of the positives people are pointing out. And part of me is left wondering if I’d evaluate him as harshly if he wasn’t a Redskin. I’ve asked myself that several times... and After thinking about it I think I’d be pretty consistent in my views with him regardless. 

But it is an interesting paradigm. 

Im not sure he could possibly qualify as the worst QB the Skins drafted... but Wuerrfel and Beck weren’t drafted by the Skins.

Don Van Galder is a guy who was drafted by the Skins, though, and I bet most here have no idea who he was because he wasn’t a first rounder and he’s older generation. I have no idea, personally, so saying Haskins is the worst ever drafted is definitely hyperbole. 

Plus... Heath Shuler.

But I’m just not impressed with Haskins and every week I keep hoping he does something to give me hope and each week I’m let down.

Cary Conklin - he gets my vote as the worst QB we drafted who started a game in my time watching. I had the misfortune to see in person one of the very few games he started in 93 on MNF in Miami. 

Dan Marino versus Cary Conklin. Conklin was starting because Rypien was injured.

He was bloody awful. He was benched part way through the second half for the third string QB ... Rich Gannon. 

Antonio Brown went on another borderline psychotic social media tirade trashing most anyone hes ever played with, you would have to be a special type of mentally challenged to advocate for someone like him to join your organization.... oh wait...... sheeeesssh

I'd really be interested to see a reporter ask Tom Brady or any of the veteran QBs if they are the reason for a sack they may take during a game. Or if they ever miss a read or slide the line the wrong way. 

It's ****in amazing how reporters in this area want ****ing perfection in this early of a stage for Haskins and point to **** even Case talked about in one his interviews. This **** is not rocket science, but ain't ****in easy either. I like the fact that Haskins is confident in his abilty. But these reporters really do have different undertones with Haskins. I'll leave it at that. They need to stfu imo since they don't really know what the **** they're talking about half the time anyway. They learn what a cover two is and all the sudden they're QB tutors. I like Keim most of the time. But he's been getting on my nerves lately.  

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Cary Conklin - he gets my vote as the worst QB we drafted who started a game in my time watching. I had the misfortune to see in person one of the very few games he started in 93 on MNF in Miami. 

Dan Marino versus Cary Conklin. Conklin was starting because Rypien was injured.

He was bloody awful. He was benched part way through the second half for the third string QB ... Rich Gannon. 

Cary was a 4th round pick. He was also the original preseason QB phenom before Colt Brennan. Conklin could throw a ball like 80 yards in the air. His 3 starts in 1993 were pretty horrible but that whole team was bad but the preseason hype around him his first couple of years was crazy. 

If you factor in the round and selection the player was drafted, it’s hard to argue against Shuler being the worst ever for us in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Cary was a 4th round pick. He was also the original preseason QB phenom before Colt Brennan. Conklin could throw a ball like 80 yards in the air. His 3 starts in 1993 were pretty horrible but that whole team was bad but the preseason hype around him his first couple of years was crazy. 

If you factor in the round and selection the player was drafted, it’s hard to argue against Shuler being the worst ever for us in my opinion.

Probably a good call on Shuler.

I still though have visions of Conklin just flopping to the ground in the pocket with no defender even close to him in that game in Miami. Even the Miami fans booed him on that play. He just did not want contact. You can’t coach courage.

9 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Antonio Brown went on another borderline psychotic social media tirade trashing most anyone hes ever played with, you would have to be a special type of mentally challenged to advocate for someone like him to join your organization.... oh wait...... sheeeesssh

Not to mention he already has an elite receiver (and high quality leader) who'd be killing everybody if he'd just deliver the damn football like he's supposed to.

Imagine all those ****ups and then it being AB who's not getting the ball.

With Haskins I am more focusing on the 5 games he has played since he has been named the starter.  He has struggled in those 5 games, but been serviceable.  I am ignoring the partial games he played before that where had no TD's and 4 interceptions.  In the 5 games as a starter he has done a reasonably good job at protecting the ball (3Td's and 3 Int's), struggled with his accuracy, struggled with his reads, and showed some natural pocket presence so its a mixed bag with slightly more negatives than postives.   Overall it hasn't been impressive, but he came into this season really green, so it hasn't been entirely unexpected either.  I am definitely for giving Haskins the 2020 season to show what he can do.

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

With Haskins I am more focusing on the 5 games he has played since he has been named the starter.  He has struggled in those 5 games, but been serviceable.  I am ignoring the partial games he played before that where had no TD's and 4 interceptions.  In the 5 games as a starter he has done a reasonably good job at protecting the ball (3Td's and 3 Int's), struggled with his accuracy, struggled with his reads, and showed some natural pocket presence so its a mixed bag with slightly more negatives than postives.   Overall it hasn't been impressive, but he came into this season really green, so it hasn't been entirely unexpected either.  I am definitely for giving Haskins the 2020 season to show what he can do.

Haskins is throwing to 3 rookie wideouts, and makeshift offensive line a TE with hands of stone.

9 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

Haskins is throwing to 3 rookie wideouts, a makeshift offensive line a TE with hands of stone.

This is whats frustrating about the situation right now. It reminds me of Cousins in a sense that, if you didn't like him (me) then you could point to what happens on Sunday in a vacuum and say hes not doing his job. And if you did like him (everyone else) you could make excuses for him for days. Haskins is in a similar boat, just with a much worse around him. But at the same time its easy to see that hes super limited in what he actually can do himself. So its hard to say one way or the other.

Super frustrating! 

Archived