Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

8 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Jackson seems to have everything Griffin had plus a bigger and hopefully more durable body.  

They're the exact same size. Jackson is listed as 6'2 212, Griffin is listed as 6'2 213. Though they have different body compositions: Jackson is a bit thicker up top and Griffin is a bit thicker in the lower body. I don't know why people keep insisting that Jackson is some sort of tank. He has the build of a WR. 

Just now, mistertim said:

They're the exact same size. Jackson is listed as 6'2 212, Griffin is listed as 6'2 213. Though they have different body compositions: Jackson is a bit thicker up top and Griffin is a bit thicker in the lower body. I don't know why people keep insisting that Jackson is some sort of tank. He has the build of a WR. 

You're right, I was wrong he has the same skinny calves and WR body Griffin has, I hope he's luckier but he's probably just going to be a shooting star like Griffin. 

A performance somewhat along the lines of:

17/27, 225 yards, 2TD, No INT, No fumbles (lost or otherwise), 2 or less sacks and a 4th quarter TD drive in a competitive game would be a good enough high watermark for the remaining 3 games. I don’t envision anything better, but would want to see atleast this.

16 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

You're right, I was wrong he has the same skinny calves and WR body Griffin has, I hope he's luckier but he's probably just going to be a shooting star like Griffin. 

They have different running styles. RG3 had incredible straight line speed but wasn't as quick/elusive, and as a result took more shots.

Jackson's attitude is better too. He actually runs to the sidelines and embraces the role of mobile QB. RG3 after one year wanted to get rid of it and try to be Tom Brady.

But ultimately its about the organization. The Ravens are first class from the top on down. It takes a village to raise a QB and the Ravens are among the best in the league from ownership to FO to coaching.

7 hours ago, skinbuck said:

17/27, 225 yards, 2TD, No INT, No fumbles (lost or otherwise), 2 or less sacks and a 4th quarter TD drive in a competitive game would be a good enough high watermark for the remaining 3 games. I don’t envision anything better, but would want to see atleast this.

I think 0 turnovers and sack numbers will be tough/unlikely as I expect Haskins to be pressured a good bit by the Eagles and Cowboys.  
He’s averaging 4.25 sacks, .75 Ints, .75 TDs, 171.75 yds over his last 4 games, so the numbers you’re asking for would be a big leap... which is kind of sad of course :(

15 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think 0 turnovers and sack numbers will be tough/unlikely as I expect Haskins to be pressured a good bit by the Eagles and Cowboys.  
He’s averaging 4.25 sacks, .75 Ints, .75 TDs, 171.75 yds over his last 4 games, so the numbers you’re asking for would be a big leap... which is kind of sad of course :(

The sacks may present a solid tangible stat to evaluate a piece of his progress/lack of progress to close out the season. 

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The sacks may present a solid tangible stat to evaluate a piece of his progress/lack of progress to close out the season. 

That’s exactly how I see it. He needs to demonstrate he can accelerate his live processing speed and take the smart secondary/tertiary options when judicious, and that should eliminate 2-3 sacks a game.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess we can count Rex Ryan out of the coaching race here, he just referred to Haskins saying it would be nice to see him do something, he's looked horrible. 

His expertise is anyway in coaching up Defensive ends. Like Vernon Gholston..

21 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

His expertise is anyway in coaching up Defensive ends. Like Vernon Gholston..

I recall reading about how the Jets and Redskins were competing in the draft for Mark Sanchez, fortunately we got beat out.  So Rex's type thinking might jive well with Dan.

But i am doubting Dan hires anyone who might not be sold on Haskins.  Speaking of which

18 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I don't know, Lamar seems more stoutly built. Griffin was a workout monster, but you could see by his wrists and ankles that he had a fairly delicate build.

I predict that Lamar will hold up better in the NFL.

Heck, Griffin's final Redskins injury was non-contact; his upper body changed directions quickly, his feet kept going the other way, and his ankle measured the torque and said "no thanks."

35 minutes ago, profusion said:

I don't know, Lamar seems more stoutly built. Griffin was a workout monster, but you could see by his wrists and ankles that he had a fairly delicate build.

I predict that Lamar will hold up better in the NFL.

Heck, Griffin's final Redskins injury was non-contact; his upper body changed directions quickly, his feet kept going the other way, and his ankle measured the torque and said "no thanks."

Yup.  Dislocated ankle on a rollout completed pass on grass.

Yeesh...

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

2 hours ago, skinbuck said:

That’s exactly how I see it. He needs to demonstrate he can accelerate his live processing speed and take the smart secondary/tertiary options when judicious, and that should eliminate 2-3 sacks a game.

I’d like to see him take fewer sacks, especially ones in which he misses the blitzer (whether through a wrong protection call or not throwing to the hot receiver).  But asking for 2 or less would be top 10 in the league (1.5 would be tied for top 3).  
Combine that with how often he’s facing 3rd and long and how he’s pushing the ball down the field (is this purely on him?  The scheme?), makes that target of 2 or fewer sacks that much more unlikely.  
Then there’s the fact that Philly and Dallas should be able to get a good amount of pressure on our oline/qb (unless they have injuries, I don’t know).  
The sacks/pressure also likely leads to turnovers, so I have trouble with the idea that zero turnovers is very attainable.  
I’m not saying this as a knee jerk defense of Haskins... dude has to play better.  

Very good first half for Haskins. Only his last two throws were questionable. That option where he decided not to toss it and then tosses it late to Peterson was amazing!

I wonder if Simms or Haskins was at fault for the last pass of the half? Should Simms have cut in tighter?

Haskins missed the throw. Albeit it wasn’t an easy throw while rolling out to the left. But he did miss the throw. It’s something he will get better with in time. 

Dwayne has looked better every game, and he’s starting to really look the part. His pocket presence is a breath of fresh air. Get that man a tight end and a number 2 wr, keep Sims in the slot, Guice Love, and you are looking at a possibly dangerous offense. The people declaring Haskins a bust 1.5 games into his career during a tumultuous year and a coaching change are unsurprisingly looking foolish. 

12 hours ago, skinbuck said:

Checking all of my boxes, so far!

54 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Haskins missed the throw. Albeit it wasn’t an easy throw while rolling out to the left. But he did miss the throw. It’s something he will get better with in time. 

Dwayne has looked better every game, and he’s starting to really look the part. His pocket presence is a breath of fresh air. Get that man a tight end and a number 2 wr, keep Sims in the slot, Guice Love, and you are looking at a possibly dangerous offense. The people declaring Haskins a bust 1.5 games into his career during a tumultuous year and a coaching change are unsurprisingly looking foolish. 

I couldn't agree more.

18 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Haskins haters need to give credit where it’s due.

Naw they really don’t they just need to stay away for a week so we can have an actual conversation about QB play. Negatives and positives both welcome but we could use a week without the obvious butt hurt and bias. 

Lets see what happens. Still a few minutes left and it looks like he may get the ball back with like a minute left. 

Archived