Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I just built a DFS lineup... ft.  Haskins AP TMC and Skins D. If our big 3 do well, our D would have an easier day. I can't lose!!!1!

Buffalo always plays tough but **** them I feel like no team is ever fully prepared for a QBs first start. They often just hope the QB self destructs through the normal means, blitzing confusing D etc.

The big fear is he looks so bad that Callahan (via Bruce and Dan) returns to Case for rest of year as Haskins “grows.”

The kid simply needs to play the rest of the year no matter what. Hiding him on bench does nothing for him. If he doesn’t show improvement over 8 games and real flashes, you need to let the next coach pick his QB.

It was nice to hear JoeT saying what I think is the obvious. The environment a rookie QB is brought into, its a HUGE factor in their development. it's not rocket science and something I have been preaching since the Jason "have fun with Al Saunders 800 page playbook" Campbell days. 

Would anyone in their right mind expect a young raw QB to excel in the leagues most dysfunctional organizations?  Expectations don't need to be etched in stone and often seem blindly set by draft slot and little else.  Lower the bar you set for the kid and lets see what we have to finish out the year.

I for one am going all in Skins +410.  It the NFL, anything can happen every single game and every single week.  No matter how great Buffalo is, they are still Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

It was nice to hear JoeT saying what I think is the obvious. The environment a rookie QB is brought into, its a HUGE factor in their development. it's not rocket science and something I have been preaching since the Jason "have fun with Al Saunders 800 page playbook" Campbell days. 

Would anyone in their right mind expect a young raw QB to excel in the leagues most dysfunctional organizations?  Expectations don't need to be etched in stone and often seem blindly set by draft slot and little else.  Lower the bar you set for the kid and lets see what we have to finish out the year.

I for one am going all in Skins +410.  It the NFL, anything can happen every single game and every single week.  No matter how great Buffalo is, they are still Buffalo. 

To add too this, it wasn’t even 5 hours after Haskins was drafted that it was leaked the “football people,” including Jay Gruden didn’t want Haskins at 15.

Jay basically ignored him for the next several months, putting all his chips on Colt, and to a lesser extent, Case.

For a young kid going to a team where it’s absolutely clear the coach didn’t want you and doesn’t have any plans of trying to develop you, that’s a tough pill to swallow. 

I have plenty of issues with Callahan, but I think at least he’s communicating with Haskins and there is some semblance of a plan. I don’t think it’s the right plan, but at least it’s a plan. That’s progress. 

EDIT: Bruce and Dan screwed up selecting a rookie QB and pairing him with a coach on his 6th year who had to win. They should have:

1. Not drafted a QB

2. Fired Gruden and started over with a new coach before the draft

3. Told Gruden wins mattered less than developing Haskins.

Any one of those 3 things would have been fine.   None happened.   

29 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

This was his best showing as a QB. He didn't look like trash. I didn't see any significant flashes, but he looks adequate to start the rest of the season. Keep him in and let it ride.

Well that wasn't hard to not look like trash.

Still I thought the Bills played it easy on him. Nothing fancy from their end at least.

The value between the 1st overall pick and 4th overall pick is greater than the value of the 15th overall pick he cost us on the standard draft value chart. He can earn back what he cost us by playing the rest of the year. There is no chance we win a game with him. Which at this point is the best strategic move.

I liked what I saw today.

1. poise in the pocket under pressure.  Eyes down field out of the pocket.  
2. the arm strength is real.  He threw to open areas while routes were still in progress 

3.  I saw swag.  Many will argue why...he hasn’t done anything.  I’ll argue hes gonna need that to survive.

hes a rook.  But I like what I saw.  The tools are there.  Can we develop him and continue developing around him? Let’s build...

btw...he’s biiiiig.  Big Ben big.  And with the new rules on roughing the passer, he’s gonna escape a lot of sacks imo.  Big benesque 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

This was his best showing as a QB. He didn't look like trash. I didn't see any significant flashes, but he looks adequate to start the rest of the season. Keep him in and let it ride.

That should be the theme for the Redskins season ticket renewal push next year: Haskins: he didn’t look like trash in 2019!

Archived