Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bears Prediction Thread: Monday Night Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Defensive struggle or surprising offenive game?

When: Monday night September 23rd

Where: Fed Ex Field

The Redskins will be welcoming the Chicago Bears to Fed Ex Field for a Monday night battle, in a game that the Redskins need to win, in more ways than one.

So why am I not excited?  Stranger things have happened, afterall.

The Bears are 1-1 after coming off an improbable win in the waning seconds to win against the Broncos 16-14 on a 53 yd FG.

Let's face it, the Bears have a defense worthy of being called good, and in a lower scoring game, gave up a TD from Joe Flacco AND a 2 pt conversion, but Da Bears put together a drive in the final seconds to kick the game-winning FG.

Offensively, there's nothing scary about the Bears.  Mitch Trubisky was only 16 of 27 for 120 yds, but made it count when they needed it the most. Corduroy Patterson is still a threat at WR but getting him the ball may be a task, depending.

Rushing, David Montgomery was their big rusher but only accounted for 62 yds,

But as stated above, the problem with the Bears is the defense.

This past sunday, the Redskins fell to the rival Cowboys 31-21, in a game that was similar to the week 1 game against the Eagles.

The 1st qtr was pretty evenly matched, neither team did much but the Redskins defense did keep Elliott in check, later even pressuring Dak Prescott into throwing his FIRST interception playing against the Redskins since he hit the NFL.

Then the 2nd qtr came.

After taking a 7-0 lead on an Adrian Peterson TD, the defense seemed to be getting slowly figured out by Dallas as Josh Norman was once again taken to the cleaners on a big TD throw to Smith, tying the game up.

Then the wheels started to come off, after giving up 2 more TDs, the Redskins trailed with 21 unanswered points, until a TD by Paul Richardson  thrown by Keenum brought the Redskins to 21-14. Even 147 yr old Jason Witten got into the scoring by catching a TD pass. Eventually the Redskins defense was just out of sync and out of the game, giving up another TD and a FG to make it 31-14. Eventually, with a few minutes left, one of the truly bright spots on this team, Terry McLaurin { McLovin } got a TD pass to make it a 31-21 score with just over 2 minutes left.

This is where I felt that Gruden had given up. Being down 10 points with 2:07 left in the game, he chose to kick off deep instead of trying an on-side kick to at least give a chance to make a comeback, but Dallas got the ball and never let go. All that was needed was 1 first down, and it was history.

Monday night looks to be a low scoring defense-fest, but I've been around long enough to know better.

Will the Redskins defense be able to play 4 quarters of football?

Will the offense be able to score points in the 2nd half, mainly the 4th qtr?

Will DC Greg Manusky be allowed on the plane trip back if there's another horrible breakdown in defense?

When the dust settles and DaBear fur flies,

I am nervous about this; really.

I think the Bears defense will score more points than the Redskins offense, sadly.

Final score:

Redskins 9

Bears 17

First correct score prediction wins either a new Redskins cap, beanie, or a 2XL Redskins Shirt.

Good luck, and as always,         G  O     S  K  I  N  S !!!

I'm actually looking forward to Sunday for the first time this season, because I'll pick a game that looks enticing, enjoy watching it knowing I have no emotional investment and maybe even enjoy a beer without the risk of it amplifying a grouchy mood. Then at some point during the week I'll maybe watch this game on game in 40 mode, if it turns out to be worth watching.

Low scoring game due to the Bears' competence on one side of the ball and incompetence on t'other. Flip a coin... 

Bears 16

Redskins 13

This will be a discusting display by a bad OL vs strong DL.  Maybe we can hope that Gruden or Manusky get fired after the game.  Something to look forward to.  

Redskins are a poorly coached team with players who quit halfway into the game.  A Manusky defense is so predictable even Tribusky can look good.  Not worth watching after you see the Skins players quitting consistently.  

Bears win win of course.  

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The whole away game parts of this thread a joke about the redskins home stadium situation, I’m hoping? 

Or do you actually think this is in Chicago, instead of *in Chicago*?  :P 

bears 38

skins 17 

No, I was running on fumes last night, about dropping off asleep in front of my computer, and I didn't look at the schedule to check, but in a way I could have been correct had the Bears fans traveled like the Cowboys fans.

😴😴😴

I can see BakedTater now, sitting in the nose bleed section of Soldier field, with a Snickers bar...lol    JK  !!!

Anyone that predicts the Redskins to score over 20-21 points in a game is a little crazy to me.  How many times has the Redskins under Jay Gruden scored 30 points or more?  The Bears defense is better than the Eagles and Dallas.  

With that said, I don't think the Bears offense is that good either!

Skins  13

Bears 10

18 minutes ago, Tuck28 said:

Anyone that predicts the Redskins to score over 20-21 points in a game is a little crazy to me.  How many times has the Redskins under Jay Gruden scored 30 points or more?  The Bears defense is better than the Eagles and Dallas.  

With that said, I don't think the Bears offense is that good either!

Skins  13

Bears 10

i'm guessing you meant how many times have the redskins under gruden scored 20 points or more, since you said "over 20-21 points a game" at first?

if that's the case, then the answer: 48 games out of a possible 82 so far. 

if you actually did mean how many times have we scored 30 or more under gruden, then 13 times out of 82 so far. (2 games in 2014, 5 games in 2015, 3 games in 2016, 2 games in 2017, and 1 game in 2018. none so far this season)

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

i'm guessing you meant how many times have the redskins under gruden scored 20 points or more, since you said "over 20-21 points a game" at first?

if that's the case, then the answer: 48 games out of a possible 82 so far. 

if you actually did mean how many times have we scored 30 or more under gruden, then 13 times out of 82 so far. (2 games in 2014, 5 games in 2015, 3 games in 2016, 2 games in 2017, and 1 game in 2018. none so far this season)

Thanks for that information.  I was too lazy to look it up, but I knew it wasn't many times.  I personally do not see the hype about Gruden drawing up good offensive schemes.

6 minutes ago, Tuck28 said:

Thanks for that information.  I was too lazy to look it up, but I knew it wasn't many times.  I personally do not see the hype about Gruden drawing up good offensive schemes.

Compared to Shanahan though, we scored 30+ 3 less times in the Shanahan era. So that should count for something right?? :D 

Archived