Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bears Prediction Thread: Monday Night Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Defensive struggle or surprising offenive game?

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Bears offense is pretty bad...and that’s a good matchup for us.  Perfect opportunity to smash the MNF curse.

At least we’re not the browns, until last night they hadn’t won a MNF since 2008. That’s 11 years!!! 

At least we’ve won a MNF game more recently than them in that stretch (i believe it was....2014? Road game against the cowboys?). WOW....since then we’ve gone...0-4 on MNF.

I predicted a win versus Dallas but felt uneasy about it as the week progressed and said then I feel much better about this game.

The Bears defense is really good.  But their offense is pathetic.  

The defense last year did their best work against terrible or mediocre offenses - that was their wheel house.  They rise to the occasion against bad offenses and then gloat about how good they are.   They typically got smoked by really good offenses.  I thought those days were behind us but apparently not.

I think this will be another game like that.  They will shoot down the Bears bad offense and then some players will crow that this is the real version of that unit -- but alas will get smoked again the next time they face a good offense.  But yeah I think the defense will play well coming up against the Bears, Giants, Miami.  But will get smoked by NE and SF.

Redskins 17  Bears 13.    

16 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Classic Skins win here. It’ll end up being meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The Bears offense is terrible which will allow us to win.

Was coming to post this almost verbatim.

despite it being a Monday night game, these are the games we typically win. 

The only game I've watched (parts of) live so far this season was opening night Bears/Packers.

I spent the following Sunday afternoon closing the pool, so I watched most of the 'Skins/Eagles game off the DVR. When that was seemingly in hand, I moved on to Steelers/Patriots. Also off the DVR.

This past weekend, My wife and celebrated 10 years by going on an overnight trip to Cape Cod. We were on a whale watch during the early games and made the drive home to Connecticut during the 4:00 time slot. I proceeded to watch the Redskins/Cowboys with my Dad off the DVR and I watch the 1st quarter of the Patriots before finally succumbing to exhaustion (and the realization that I had work the next morning). I have yet to watch any part of a Monday night game and will only do so this week because the 'Skins are playing. The first part of the game will again be off the DVR, after my boys go to bed.

I have a glimmer of hope that they win, but I see the Bears pulling it out. If the Bear put up 30+, I don't see how Manusky can stick around. On the other hand, I'm less than enamored about his possible replacements (Presumably Jim Tomsola or Rob Ryan, though I'd lean toward Tomsola). 

Archived