Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bears Prediction Thread: Monday Night Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Defensive struggle or surprising offenive game?

4 hours ago, skins island connection said:

That movie is one of my favorites.

" I'm dat little-uns daddy... I beg to differ, that little rascal is mine, I'm da pappy... ROFL...

For those who may not be familiar with this, the movie is called  ' Life ' with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence.

“Hey, girl! You gon eat yo cornbread”

Also, one of my all time favorites!

Jumping a game ahead but winning would add some juice to the Giants game which already has a fun subplot. 

“I’ve got a lot of animosity toward [the Giants]. But when that week comes down, that’s when I’m going to let that loose. I’m over it. But once that week comes, all that aggression is going to come back.”

As Collins spoke in the Redskins’ locker room, a nearby teammate looked over and raised his eyebrows, surprised at Collins’ candor.

“I don’t give a [expletive],” Collins said.

Collins wasn’t the first.

...In 2016, Gettleman rescinded Norman’s franchise tag, making him a free agent. He quickly signed with Washington.

Like Collins, Norman was frustrated by Gettleman’s delivery — or lack thereof.

“He did it without even talking to anyone,” Norman said. “I wish we had a conversation or something. But no. How is that respect and dignity? He’s full of [expletive]. I mean, you know that, right? How is it dignity when you find out through the news? Is that dignity? Is that his way of calling that dignity?

“That’s the type of guy he is. It’s nowhere near giving somebody dignity, when you do something like that. That’s B.S. Do you think that’s giving someone dignity? If the guy was doing his job the right way, I feel like we probably would still be in there [in Carolina], and we would’ve won a championship or something by now.”

...Ex-Giants offensive tackle Ereck Flowers is in Washington, too, after Gettleman released him midway through last season. Flowers struggled with the Giants, so the move made sense. Flowers’ frustration with Gettleman actually stems from the GM not shipping him out sooner.

“I had actually been asking him [for clarity],” Flowers told NJ Advance Media “That was part of the reason why I didn’t go to [voluntary workouts in 2018]. I was looking for a fresh start. He had [trade] offers for me, and he didn’t want to take them. So he made me stay there, until finally I had a chance to go. I was mad about it, but it’s OK. I’m over it.”

Jay implied before the Eagles game they'd run the ball like mad but then on game day did the opposite.  This another head fake?  Like against the Eagles he is going out of his way to say what they are going to do.  If its the same idea, then it means they think they can run.  The Bears D line is incredible.  And they got MLBs that can stuff the run.  But I can see maybe some outside zone against them especially with Thompson.   

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/19/jay-gruden-we-want-to-run-the-ball-but-might-have-to-wait-until-next-week/

“I say we want to run the ball, but they’re a very difficult team to run the ball against,” Gruden said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “I might have to wait until next week.”

Washington’s had more luck putting the ball in the air over the first two weeks, but the lack of a second dimension to their offense has stopped them from holding onto leads and playing from behind doesn’t sound like a recipe for success against the Chicago defense.

Jay already giving up on the run game and it's not even the 1st drive yet. . This is a sign of a horrible coach. Just because you play a tough opponent doesn't mean you say things like this. 

“I say we want to run the ball, but they’re a very difficult team to run the ball against,” Gruden said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “I might have to wait until next week.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/19/jay-gruden-we-want-to-run-the-ball-but-might-have-to-wait-until-next-week/

This is our turning point.

On the 2nd drive of the game Mack abuses Moses and ends Keenum's breakout year with a 2-4 week sprain.

Haskins comes in and throws for 448 yrds and 5 tds.

TMc - 2 TD

Harmon - 1

Quinn - 1

Sprinkle - 1

Even CT gets caught up in the moment and scampers for a 65 yd score.

The D clamps down in the 2nd half and gets 4 sacks, (Sweat gets 2) Collins gets 1 on a stunt and Settle pancakes Trubiski early in the 4th to bring out  Chase Daniel to wrap it up and Jimmy the Peoples Corner promptly intercepts him.

49 - 17 Skins in a blowout.

Head: Bears 19, Redskins 16. Because Monday Night at FedEx. Pinero for the game winner as time expires. Yay.

Heart: Redskins 21, Bears 20. I've always believed that it is amazing what you can do when you HAVE to. Snyder puts away the guillotine for one more week.

Liver: Bears 38, Redskins 24. It doesn't make sense and neither do my drinking habits. Bears offense explodes, riding the suddenly accurate arm and shrewd decision-making abilities of one, Mitchell Trubisky and the featured legs of rookie RB David Montgomery. The Redskins actually keep pace on offense vs a VERY good Bears defense for 3 quarters and then collapse in the 4th, committing 3 turnovers.

I posted this elsewhere but yeah hearing a Chicago Bears reporter talk about this game was sobering.  He more or less said that losing to the Redskins would be an unthinkable low that would set panic among Bears fans.  they expect to win.  And this is the right game for them to get Trubisky right considered he's facing a really bad defense.   

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF Picks

So someone actually picked the Redskins over Bears at PFF? I want what he is smoking!!!   I cannot imagine why anyone not a Redskins fan would pick us. 

We are horrible on Monday night. Bears have a sick a **** D and we have no Oline. On D, at least so far we have had no pass rush and our secondary was weak to start and is now missing several starters and their backups. 

This has the makings of an epic 35pt beat down!  Please prove me wrong Redskins!  Only positive is a solid beat down like that might get dan to pry himself away from bruce! 

Or could we have a 72-0 repeat to say **** you! to danny boy?  🙂   OK, last statement probably belongs in the conspiracy theory but i couldn't help myself. 

9 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So someone actually picked the Redskins over Bears at PFF? I want what he is smoking!!!   I cannot imagine why anyone not a Redskins fan would pick us. 

We are horrible on Monday night. Bears have a sick a **** D and we have no Oline. On D, at least so far we have had no pass rush and our secondary was weak to start and is now missing several starters and their backups. 

This has the makings of an epic 35pt beat down!  Please prove me wrong Redskins!  Only positive is a solid beat down like that might get dan to pry himself away from bruce! 

Or could we have a 72-0 repeat to say **** you! to danny boy?  🙂   OK, last statement probably belongs in the conspiracy theory but i couldn't help myself. 

This game could be a game captioned in a NatGeo photo of a Bear tearing into a salmon.

Unfortunately, the Redskins are the salmon.

If the Skins have any shot at all, Case has to continue to look even better than he has so far, which has been pretty good. And Mitch T has to continue to look like a below average QB not worth extending.

And in that case, Case may be showcasing his skills for his next team as the Bears bridge QB.

Archived