Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

4 minutes ago, randyjohnson said:

Zero sense in firing Jay unless Bruce is fired also!

The problem here is that Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are the same disease.  They both need to go. But I do not see it happening.  No way Danny "I got a new yacht" is going to give up his NFL gravy train.  And Bruce is probably his only friend...

19 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Per usual, we get out-adjusted.

Yeah the mismatch between DJax and anyone in our secondary covering him,

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Not sure how a poster is to know what specific plays should be called.  That's the coaches job, as is adjustments as the game plays out.  It's what made Gibbs so great, it's what makes Gruden so bad.  This is not new, this has been a pattern throughout Coach Gruden's tenure here.  

Uh huh, awesome, I just LOVE these sort of "they're wrong and I'm right automatically" posts

Since I have picked on Gruden enough, here is one for Manusky....

Hey genius,

You cannot run a zone scheme if you don't have a pass rush.  Zone defense covers area of the field instead of the players.  It works in cohesion with a strong pass rush that forces the QB to throw the ball too early, or pressures them into making mistakes.   If you can't generate a pass rush, then zone defense essentially becomes a hindrance to the secondary as they will be hung out to dry on an island no where close to the targets.

So after a quarter of seeing your D-line generate zero pressure on the QB, you had two choices, start blitzing to ramp up the pressure, or get the secondary out of the zone scheme.  

You did neither. 

13 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

And you can always count on our secondary giving up huge plays and large chunks of yardage. 

This is what pisses me off more than anything. Year after freakin' year. I always THINK we have some good ones in the backfield, but nooooo... same crap. I don't know when it will change, but when it does for the better... we START to reach playoffs.

14 minutes ago, carex said:

Uh huh, awesome, I just LOVE these sort of "they're wrong and I'm right automatically" posts

It's a message board. It's for sharing your opinion. And it's the opinion of many of the poster's here that our coach routinely gets out coached in the 2nd half.  This opinion is backed up by years of evidence.  

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

And it's many of the poster's opinion that our coach routinely gets out coached in the 2nd half.  This opinion is backed up by years of evidence.  

That's for sure. A 13 point lead at halftime was nice, but it wasn't enough for me because you JUST KNEW that Gruden was going to sit on it happy as clam for most of the other half.

I'm convinced this team wins with better coaching. I really mean a coach with a better mindset. One that's focused on winning and not all the ****ing worrying about ****. Case in point, Gruden made AP inactive because he was worried about Darrin Sproles on special teams. You cut Robert Davis (a special teams guy) and Smallwood is a ****ing ghost. Gruden is starting off the year in the hot seat. He continues to help himself out the ****ing door with the in game and off decisions.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Manusky has no business being a d coordinator.We all saw it last year and seen it again today.Gruden or who ever is responsible for Manusky retaining his job should be canned.I dont care that many canidates turned the job down.I rather see Horton, Ryan or Tomulusa run the show.Manusky is the worst play caller i have ever seen.We looked solid in man then he moves to zone for some reason nobody knows and gets torched.I can't stand this guy.

The team was not the same with Johnathan Allen on the sideline. Keenum is not a top flight NFL QB. Bad downfield accuracy. Is an average dink and dunk west coast QB. Would not fire Jay in season. Won’t be good for Haskins development. Need to go down swinging with Haskins if they lose a few more. Get him experience. Run game was nonexistent. Gruden should have gotten a new DC earlier. It will probably be his final nail in the coffin. Hopefully Trent returns soon. 

I think it starts at the top. I know Snyder is determined to win as an owner, but he's one person. That's being selfish.  I think a new owner is our best bet at turning this franchise around. If he really loves the team, he will own up to being a failure and sell.  I'm not blaming him for particular losses, but rather, the culture we have developed. He is a chronic sub-mediocre businessman.

11 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

That's for sure. A 13 point lead at halftime was nice, but it wasn't enough for me because you JUST KNEW that Gruden was going to sit on it happy as clam for most of the other half.

we didn't sit on the lead, we got more flags and dropped passes in the second half, cutting drives short

What is this coaching staff's obsession with converting pass rushers into 3-4 hybrid linebackers? It is frustrating to continually see this.

Manusky is being thrashed and rightfully so for making Sweat a stand up linebacker instead of what he excels at.....a hand in the dirt pass rusher.  If that is not what you wanted for your defense, why did you draft him?

40 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There had to be someone covering him for it to be a mismatch.

If you watch the replay on his second catch they had two open receivers not just D Jax.   It would have been a TD regardless.  Our defense was a total cluster **** on that play 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Contrast this with the McVay on the Rams.  He not only brought a new offense there, but also an attitude and a culture that he established.  It was clear early on he had that Head coach DNA in him despite his youth and being hired earlier in his career then people expected. 

When I heard rumors people were interested in him, and how people regarded him within the organization, I thought that would be the "Gibbs for the modern era" move.  Certainly better than not even treading water, which is where we are now.  For all the "Danny go get shiny object" talk, he has been entirely too patient.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We absolutely can win with these coaches.

We just need to be more aggressive when we take a lead, and not play scared with a lead.

That's on the coach...so no...we cant win with them because that's how they play when they have a lead...

Archived