Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

Some people are going to blame Keenum and some people will say Peterson not playing is the problem. This team scored 20 points in the 1st half with Keenum and no Peterson. The Eagles went into the locker room and made adjustments and the Skins didn't. 

Jay Gruden can't adjust. Hell our whole coaching staff can't adjust. I'm not blaming anyone player today. The coaching is the issue guys and it showed today. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Why are you surprised by this, Mansucky would take this Defense and make it suck. He doesnt know what he is doing.

Where do I say I'm surprised. I've said it for years. I'm surprised Snyder and Bruce can't see this. The writing has been on the wall.

4 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Why are you surprised by this, Mansucky would take this Defense and make it suck. He doesnt know what he is doing.

Who rushes 3 people on 3rd and longs. So pathetic

Jay is on his 6th season doing the same thing, making zero adjustments.  He has had ample time to prove he has what it takes.

Manusky was a hire that should have never happened to begin with.  He was merely promoted likely because either there were no good candidates available to go after, or  none of the good candidates even wanted to take an interview.  

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

LOL well they're a big part of the problem. 

Agreed. Our defense may still have holes. But it's not as if it's a unit void of any talent. The staff just seems completely incapable of utilizing the strengths and hiding the weaknesses. We're still constantly giving up 3rd and longs. The defense looks poor schematically to me.

Just now, VeroViper said:

Agreed. Our defense may still have holes. But it's not as if it's a unit void of any talent. The staff just seems completely incapable of utilizing the strengths and hiding the weaknesses. We're still constantly giving up 3rd and longs. The defense looks poor schematically to me.

Yeah I agree

There is enough talent on both sides of the ball. The WRs were a great surprise today. Mclaurin looked great. Poor coaching is why you don't score after the 2nd half. 

The OP is absolutely right. Gruden is someone who has no business whatsoever being a HC in this league. He's proven it over a span of too many years now in Ashburn. It's time for this era to come to an end. Otherwise, the potential of some serious young talent on both sides of the ball will be squandered. Manusky..........please.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Jay is on his 6th season doing the same thing, making zero adjustments.  He has had ample time to prove he has what it takes.

Manusky was a hire that should have never happened to begin with.  He was merely promoted likely because either there were no good candidates available to go after, or  none of the good candidates even wanted to take an interview.  

They interviewed a bunch I thought.  Gus Bradley, Mike Pettine, Steve Wilkes, Rob Ryan, Mike Pagano, Dennis Thurman.  Everyone figured Bradley or Wade would be the front runners but Bradley joined Lynn with the Chargers and Wade McVay.  Pettine, Wilkes and Pagano would have been better hires but the feeling was it would always be Manusky.  Hell it might be Rob before the year is over.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Mansucky was promoted from Barrys staff, that never made sense. Then they bring in a bunch of bum coaches that cant get jobs anywhere else, Ray Horton and Ryan. I always thought D personnel was overrated but these D coaches are outclassed and are not NFL caliber coaches. Manucky is lost as to what to call and I always knew he would cost us games. Remember the complaining from the players last year about this bum!

year in and year out, this is the same result.  you score early and cannot put the game away.  adjustments just isn't their specialty!  sometimes i think that dan snyder is telling bruce allen to call jay gruden to suck it the next half.  i really think that the owner hates this team and really roots for the cowboys as he is real close friends with jerry!  this is freakin rigged and it sucks that we, the fans, are the ones suffering!!!!  there is no way this ever happens to any other teams but us.  someone please buy this team and make them great again!!!!!

Macluski has never been the answer. Just another legacy hire to suck fans in and appease them after we couldn’t get a real DC to come here. He was never qualified to be DC and he’s been in over his head from day 1. 

Jay was always a nepotism hire, amidst a fraudulent coaching search. They wanted him from the get-go because of the Tampa connection. Anybody that believes after 5 years that Jay is a SB quality coach is watching a different sport than I am. He doesn’t have it. I think everyone sees it but they’re content with mediocrity and this is what you get. 

Portis is speaking some truth  now on 980.

This coaching staff is famous for drafting and signing players and then deciding they are going to do things things different whether it is a different position, change their technique, etc etc.....it is basically making them start all over as an NFL player.  They were drafted for a reason, why not use their assets that got them here. 

So, how long does Gruden last?

If we lose next week, is he fired?

Will he make to the bye?

Will he last the season?

What am I talking about, it's Year 7 for Gruden in 2020?

My preseason pick was that Gruden gets fired after the Vikings game, but maybe he doesn't even last that long.

The seat is hot, hot, hot Jay.

When Dan goes after Jay's replacement next year, it will be a big name again.  Either a big name college coach or a big name NFL coach. Snyder is going big next time. The only way Bruce is gone; is if the big name coach, makes Bruce's removal a condition for them accepting the job. 

I expect the season to play out, pretty much like it always has; under Jay.

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

Wow a new thread this forum isnonly long asd threads you cant follow

But yeah prevent sucks and no adjustmentd

I also feel ap would have helped more

AP isn't long for this team.  Clearly, Gruden feels AP would be complaining about lack of carries & he doesn't want to deal with that.  I think AP was resigned only because of Snyder. I don't think Gruden wanted him back.

I don't mind Gruden being OC, but a good Head coach he is not. We might show some flashes from a few quarters, but if the other team is in the top 15, we'll continue to struggle the rest of the year. Other teams seem to have someone to help keep their drives alive (ergo Ertz w/Philly). We seem to fall apart on O at times when we should be keeping the foot all the way down on the pedal. Off course the CONSTANT holding penalties don't help much. Ends up a lot of 3 and outs for 2 or 3 quarters, leaving the D exhausted. I still think we have a chance to win the next 3 out of 4 games, but PLEASE make this Grudens last year. Please.

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I don't mind Gruden being OC, but a good Head coach he is not.

Agreed. Been banging this drum for awhile now.  I thought this all the way back to his first year as a coach.  I don't question his ability to design a scheme on offense, however there is something different than makes up a head coach.  It has to be in your DNA to lead a team, it rarely is something that can be learned.  Jason Garrett is another good example of an O-coordinator who was pretty much just handed the job due to circumstance and has shown his deficiencies as a head coach opposed to O-coordinator. 

Contrast this with the McVay on the Rams.  He not only brought a new offense there, but also an attitude and a culture that he established.  It was clear early on he had that Head coach DNA in him despite his youth and being hired earlier in his career then people expected. 

Archived