Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: 2019 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

Who wins the 2019 kick-off spectacular??  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • Can't answer, still dodging batteries

I have a friend (Eagles fan) who looked me dead in the eye and with all sincerity said: "Carson Wentz is the best QB in the NFL". I won't argue that he isn't (he isn't), but the dude isn't that good and he can't stay healthy. No Nick Foles to save the season this go around, once he gets popped a few times, we'll be in his head. Our guys are the underdogs, young, hungry and have something to prove. It won't be easy, but we'll come out with a win.

13 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I have a friend (Eagles fan) who looked me dead in the eye and with all sincerity said: "Carson Wentz is the best QB in the NFL". I won't argue that he isn't (he isn't), but the dude isn't that good and he can't stay healthy. No Nick Foles to save the season this go around, once he gets popped a few times, we'll be in his head. Our guys are the underdogs, young, hungry and have something to prove. It won't be easy, but we'll come out with a win.

Personally, I think Wentz is very good (but far from the best QB in the league)  but part of that is he's been a good threat with his legs at key moments . I wonder if they are going to risk it now considering his recent history. 

Just for some context, we've faced the Doug Pederson offense and the Jim Schwartz defense for the past 3 seasons. Adding Smallwood or Hester is nice, but what do you think we'll learn that we don't already? 

Is Smallwood going to let us know they run 11 personal more than any other team? Great info. How about that their run game covers many blocking concepts and the OL is good.

Is Hester going to provide the interesting nugget that Schwartz doesn't blitz too much? Super. 

This isn't like when Chip Kelly was running a completely different offense that we had no exposure too. This is a well known opponent doing a lot of the stuff they have always done. 

We signed 2 eagles players....one on offense and one on defense.  We should have some needed intel, but I think out defense dominates for the most part and our offense comes up short. 

7 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Calling the Skins surprise the world with a 21-17 win. 

However, if they lose all optimism for this season is lost and I'll go straight to being a Debbie downer. 

I'm certainly not going the Debbie Downer route, but it would be a shock if we won this game.

Unless Jay can draw up the 2019 version of “shock and awe,” this is going to be a low scoring, defensive game.  And while the Skins defense looks to be good, the Eagles defense  is a proven, exceptional unit.

The Eagles have more talent across the board and are well coached. 

The equalizer would be if Wentz comes out and is rusty and throws 3 INTs.  

I don’t see that happening.  

16-10 Eagles.  

12 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

We signed 2 eagles players....one on offense and one on defense.  We should have some needed intel,

The actual game plan for the Skins wasn’t installed or discussed before the cuts.  

If Jay and Greg need intel from 2 guys cut from the Eagles on their base offensive and defensive game plans, then Jay and Greg should be coaching at Centerville HS.  (For the record, I don’t think they need whatever intel the two players might have.  But probably still would be happier if they were coaching at Centerville HS....)

I think it's going to be another long year for us Skins fans. 

Eagles 28

Skin 17

Draft early next year and draft the LT that will grow with Haskins. This year is going to be rough. 

2 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

I wish I had as much hope for our season as many of you apparently do.  I used to be like that too.

Me 2 bud 😥

Wentz likes to stand in the pocket all day which is why he's always getting hammered.  I think their running game is meh and we can force them into passing situations.

Once that happens I believe our D line can get after Wentz and cause some havoc but I'm just not sure our O line can handle their front and I'm not sold on Case being able to move this offense.

Redskins 17

Eagles 28

11 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

From when?..I'll already spot d jax a long td..but ya, major difference going against your d in practice then a live d.....furious new look divisional rival d that is

Last season.  Wow, that literally would have taken you 30 seconds to look up on ESPN or any other site.  Are you really so lazy that instead of putting in any attempt or effort, you just yell out that someone else is wrong, when in fact its you?

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Last season.  Wow, that literally would have taken you 30 seconds to look up on ESPN or any other site.  Are you really so lazy that instead of putting in any attempt or effort, you just yell out that someone else is wrong, when in fact its you?

What did I yell out that was wrong?..I asked when did they have this stat?..Last year is last year for a reason..don't tell me how to live my life..i use this place for one stop shopping..if I wanted to know how to suck a golf ball threw a ****ing garden hose I'll come here to find out.

Archived