Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: 2019 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

Who wins the 2019 kick-off spectacular??  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • Can't answer, still dodging batteries

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

These fruit cakes against our young D line, come on, we can't let these plus size posers beat us..

I would love to see you say that to one of their faces in person instead behind a keyboard.  I’m guessing the word “ fruit” or “cake” would not be spoken once.  Andcas for being “posers” - I think their SB rings would say different ....

43 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

I would love to see you say that to one of their faces in person instead behind a keyboard.  I’m guessing the word “ fruit” or “cake” would not be spoken once.  Andcas for being “posers” - I think their SB rings would say different ....

Simma down little fella. You've only won a single SB, so I fixed that for ya. :) 

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

These fruit cakes against our young D line, come on, we can't let these plus size posers beat us.

brb

Gotta go bleach my eyes.....

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Isn't that 4 more points than you usually predict ?

Is there a safety scored for both Sweat and Payne ?

Nah, pretty sure it's always been that.  One point more than the 73-0 loss to the Chicago Bears in the 1940 championship game, as vindication..  But the opponent scores 3, because zero would be unrealistic.

And yes, two safeties figure into the calculation.

26 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Nah, pretty sure it's always been that.  One point more than the 73-0 loss to the Chicago Bears in the 1940 championship game, as vindication..  But the opponent scores 3, because zero would be unrealistic.

I'm with ya.

74-0 : Unrealistic...but

74-3 : Totally realistic.

I like your thinking.

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Like Ringo said..if we can rattle wentz early we stand a chance..manusky needs to be on his a game..exotic blitzes?

Ringo Starr is a Redskin fan ?

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm with ya.

74-0 : Unrealistic...but

74-3 : Totally realistic.

I like your thinking.

Ringo Starr is a Redskin fan ?

Ohhh yes..didnt I tell ya..oh I didnt..who do you think brought all the 31 puppies and kitties..he came in seen my wife's bears stuff and said she should be a Redskins fan...because he is lol

9 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

Seriously?  Yes, you're right, I wouldn't walk up to Eagles players and call them fruit cakes.  I thought it was clear I was having some fun with their pic from the ESPN shoot, it's a ridiculous picture.

Being that you took it personally I'm guessing your an Eagles fan?  This is a Redskins messageboard, lighten up.

If you took offense to what I posted you may want to stay out of the Eagles look alike thread when it gets bumped.

33 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Seriously?  Yes, you're right, I wouldn't walk up to Eagles players and call them fruit cakes.  I thought it was clear I was having some fun with their pic from the ESPN shoot, it's a ridiculous picture.

Being that you took it personally I'm guessing your an Eagles fan?  This is a Redskins messageboard, lighten up.

If you took offense to what I posted you may want to stay out of the Eagles look alike thread when it gets bumped.

Don't worry about em JSSkinz,  Eagles finally win something and their fans already 'swolled up drawing in air',  too naïve to realize the ol' man upstairs felt sorry for them by making sure the rest of the league had an off year.

On a lighter note, the " Filthadumpia " is starting to catch on !! Now if TK can correct it in the credit note then I can draw in some air myself !!  lol

15 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

What worries me right now is the left side of the O-line being able to pass protect long enough for downfield plays to develop. I believe in McLaurin's speed and ability to get downfield, Richardson's too for that matter.  However those plays usually take time to develop and until (if at all) Trent returns.....I am worried about the health of any QB due to what may be prowling around their blindside. 

Oh I would feel much better if Trent was here...but Penn isn't a chump. Flowers very well may be, and that is for sure going to be the main concern for me on offense. But if he truly beat out Wes Martin for the job, maybe he won't be quite as bad as it seems. Callahan has been able to piece together some middle of the road lines with back up after back up, if this could be a middle of the road line, id be cool with it. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Yep..dude must be an eagles fan..that's how I imagine eagle fans..CANTANKEROUS little people lol

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Don't worry about em JSSkinz,  Eagles finally win something and their fans already 'swolled up drawing in air',  too naïve to realize the ol' man upstairs felt sorry for them by making sure the rest of the league had an off year.

On a lighter note, the " Filthadumpia " is starting to catch on !! Now if TK can correct it in the credit note then I can draw in some air myself !!  lol

Hey man did you see that new pole thing thread he started?..or maybe he didn't start it...either way he uses the word filthadumpia and then he said something about its coined to you?..the word filthadumpia did ya see that?

This word you guys are using... "Filthadumpia"......Its AWESOME!!!!!!

Redskins: 76

Fecaldumpia: 3

And early Defensive play by Collins seals the deal, as he hits a running back in the back field causing the ball to pop out.  Ricocheting off a Fecal linemans helmit.  Right into the waiting arms of Jimmy Moreland who takes it to the house.  The Skins dont look back.  

• This is the formula, the model, the brand the Skins FO has provided for a QB to lead. The opportunity is there for an average QB to lead team to wins. 

Not confident in Keenum’s ability to consistently manage all variables game to game, but he does possess the ability to create plays and win games. Hopefully he can find the right blend this year, allowing the Skins to be in it until the end. He’s a wild card, an unknown variable, but one can make the case for Case. 

3211AA73-A3B1-4A01-9C33-83893AFF8029.png

Eagles 37-6.

Fans are overrating this Redskins defense.  It was obviously hindered by the injury riddled offense that left them exposed but this was not a top 10 defense last year, it was in the bottom half despite staying healthy by NFL standards. Their fast start was more a reflection of playing bad offenses, when they faced good ones in Green Bay and New Orleans they got lit up. And of course the biggest reason for my pessimism is they retained a bad Defensive Coordinator, by mid-season teams had figured out how to attack this defense and the DC, just like the HC, was unable to make the necessary adjustments..  Fans expecting this defense to make up for an offense that will appear inept are going to be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Eagles 37-6.

Fans are overrating this Redskins defense.  It was obviously hindered by the injury riddled offense that left them exposed but this was not a top 10 defense last year, it was in the bottom half despite staying healthy by NFL standards. Their fast start was more a reflection of playing bad offenses, when they faced good ones in Green Bay and New Orleans they got lit up. And of course the biggest reason for my pessimism is they retained a bad Defensive Coordinator, by mid-season teams had figured out how to attack this defense and the DC, just like the HC, was unable to make the necessary adjustments..  Fans expecting this defense to make up for an offense that will appear inept are going to be disappointed. 

Youre underrating the D far more than anyone is overrating them. Payne Allen and Ioan going to be a problem. Too bad you can’t enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Eagles 37-6.

I don't agree with the score, but I agree the Eagles will win. I also agree with you on the defense. I'm also not blaming that on talent on defense more of the lack of good coaching on defense. Same can be said about the offense. I think the play calling is garbage and the offense is lacking on talent. 

10 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Youre underrating the D far more than anyone is overrating them. Payne Allen and Ioan going to be a problem. Too bad you can’t enjoy it.

I disagree he's right. The defense didn't show up when they had to play good teams last year. Again that might also be the coaching, but the coaching didn't change.

2 hours ago, wit33 said:
  • This is the formula, the model, the brand the Skins FO has provided for a QB to lead. The opportunity is there for an average QB to lead team to wins. 

Not confident in Keenum’s ability to consistently manage all variables game to game, but he does possess the ability to create plays and win games. Hopefully he can find the right blend this year, allowing the Skins to be in it until the end. He’s a wild card, an unknown variable, but one can make the case for Case. 

I am with Jay on the defense.  As for some saying the coaching will screw it up.  I doubt it.   And I wanted Gregg Williams or name that new fancy coordinator.  But I don't think Manusky is that bad.  Talent > Coaching.  The defense played well early on last year.  Supposedly the weak link among the assistant coaches was the secondary and Ray Horton has one of the better reputations on that front.   And although I like Swearinger and Preston Smith.  I think Landon Collins and Montez Sweat are better.  I am jazzed to see Holcomb too after all the preseason hype.  Bostic might be better than Foster.  Moreland > Stroman.  

I'd be surprised if the defense isn't top 10.  I think it can be top 5. 

I got some concerns though about Keenum avoiding mistakes.  If you are going conservative ball control -- I am doubting he's the guy.  Keenum to me is the biggest wildcard to the season.  If he is who he was in Minny then this is a playoff team IMO.  If he is the same guy he's been for most of his career -- I see this as a 7-9, 8-8 kind of year.  The other obvious wildcards are Penn (if Trent doesn't return) and Flowers. 

Even though this might not be the most stacked roster we've had.  This is the one I am most excited to see.  So many wildcard variables.  Guice, Holcomb, Moreland. McLaurin, Sweat.  Even S. Sims returning kicks.  I can't recall so many young rookies with promise in the opener all playing at once.  That should be fun -- at least for me.   I guess if it goes south, I won't like it as much.  But I do dig seeing how young players fare.

Archived