Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: 2019 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

Who wins the 2019 kick-off spectacular??  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • Can't answer, still dodging batteries

oh boy... oh... boy... oh......

23 7 eagles.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Stadiums, teams and things thrown at stadiums:

1. Lincoln Financial Field - Eagles - Batteries

2. FirstEnergy Stadium - Browns - Bottles

3. Sports Authority Field - Broncos - Snowballs

4. Fed Ex Field - Redskins - the Towel

:silly:  JK

...damn

If our defense excels and we catch them cold, it could be a close first half. I don't think we have the firepower to stay ahead of them through the whole game even if we get a good start, and I don't like Flowers being a starter in the OL one bit. Hate to predict a loss but see us on the wrong end of 24-10.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We stayed within 15 points of them last year with Josh Johnson at QB and the OLine in absolute tatters.

I am not in the camp that this team is going to the playoffs but I'd lean closer that way than the national takes including Vegas on this team.  You got me how they are living with this narrative that this is one of the worst teams in the NFL, some say the worse.  It's insane.  But I guess we will see.  I think this is closer to an 8-8 team.  But reading mocks drafts, most of whom have us with a top 3 picks, you'd think we've bottomed out like the Dolphins.

I am one of those people who do believe some in motivation and hopefully the epic amount of disrespect serves as a motivator.  I suspect they are going to win one of the first two games -- right now am thinking its the Dallas one but it wouldn't shock me if it happens this Sunday. 

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Who's going to stop Cox ? (besides injury)

That's my top worry, Cox versus Flowers.  🙄  If this ends up a blowout for the Eagles (which I don't think happens) it would likely be the Eagles D line just manhandling the Redskins O line. 

I wonder who deals with Desean.  I'd guess Dunbar.  Maybe his broken finger effects him this Sunday.  In the game against Tampa, I don't think I've ever seen so much cushion given to a receiver than what they did with Desean.  I showed the stills on a thread months back -- they were giving Desean like 15 yards cushion sometimes even on third and short.  So they were paranoid about being beat deep by him.

1 minute ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

I'm gonna be pissed if the Eagles march up and down the field on our defense all day. If our defense still ends up sucking again this year, then what hope do we have? 😢

I'm way more concerned about our offense.

No Alex Smith

No Jordan Reed

No Trent Williams

Downgrade from Lauvao

No proven receiver threat

Not even Jump-Ball Doctson

For us to win, it's going to be run, run, run, and Defense, and ST.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughhh is it Sunday yet....the week leading up to week 1 HAS to be the longest week ever. 

If you're really "Redskins hungry", you can see Preston Smith play Thursday night, if that will do.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If he's still in protocol, how does that work ; is he allowed limited practice while in protocol ?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll admit I'm no medical expert, so my opinion on this means practically nothing, but just using pure logic, it seems like it should be the other way around.

If you practice before you clear protocol, it seems like you could risk injury, putting yourself in that situation.

As long as you're in protocol, it seems like there's uncertainty at the level of health, so why risk it ?

Logic would tell me you don't practice until you clear protocol, for safety's sake. But maybe there's other factors and degrees of practice, and of course, medical

aspects that I'm not educated on.

Archived