Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

4 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Ugh, headed for a disastrous season. 

Trade for Minkah with a 2021 first round pick, and continue the tank. 
Fire Gruden and Manusky; see what the other coaches can do. 

Use your first round pick next year on an OT or CB1.

Wait?..huh?...give up future pics for a player that could possibly help the d straighten stuff up than just turn around and tank?

7 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Ugh, headed for a disastrous season. 

Trade for Minkah with a 2021 first round pick, and continue the tank. 
Fire Gruden and Manusky; see what the other coaches can do. 

Use your first round pick next year on an OT or CB1.

I've got a better idea. Don't waste a pick on a DB. When we could use that pick to draft a LT. A player that might be protection your franchise QB. 

7 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Silver lining: Case is planning well enough to quell the calls for his backup. I'm glad #7 is getting a chance to sit and watch without any drama.

Seems like half his stats are accumulated in garbage time but in all honesty, I don't care...he's still playing well enough to not feel any real need to turn to Haskins, which I'm thankful for. Plus, I suspect there will be a ton of garbage time in two of the next three games lol...so it's unavoidable.

I wouldn't call Case "good," merely a little above average. He's missing key plays and throws here and there that kill drives and then has to fight through long down and distances. He's had his numbers inflated a bit since 4th quarters are full of prevent against us since we're down 3 scores. I don't think Haskins would necessarily win us any of the two games we've had so far, but I don't think he'd do significantly worse then Case. He's gotten real lucky with some INTs not being secured. I'm actually more worried about him going up against the Bear's defense then either of the eagles or cowboys. The Bears' d-line is pretty damn great... unlike our 4 stooges. 

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So you're saying our D is coming just in time for them. They'll look dynamic I guarantee it. 

Trubisky will likely look the best he has all season, I don't doubt it. But if the offense can move the ball on the bears defense then there's a chance. It's a long way from guaranteed, though.

52 minutes ago, GardenStateSkins said:

I'm not convinced we can beat the Dolphins to be honest.  We always find new and remarkable ways to lose.

This..is hard to argue with..who did we give a single win to a few years back..the lions?..in two seasons the lions won one game..one game..guess who that win was against?..that's right yours truly lol

Didn't watch a second of the game, except for what they showed on the Redzone channel, and it was a freeing experience for someone like me who kept coming back to this garbage product over the last 20 years. Kind of depressing knowing that no coach has succeeded under this ownership, except for Marty, who they fired cuz Snyder and Drasner weren't having fun. The confidence in Snyder's ability to identify, interview, and evaluate front office and/or coaches is zilch and THAT is the death knell.

I feel fairly confident the Skins will lose to the Bears on Monday night but I think the Skins will go on the road and beat the Giants.  Ill be at that game so maybe its wishful thinking...

That puts them at 1-3.  Then they will of course lose badly to the Pats.  1-4.  Then I fear they will give the winless Dolphins who are trying to lose their first win.  1-5.  After that I think they will manage 3 more wins and end up 4-12.  Bruce will again say we are close.

3 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

I feel fairly confident the Skins will lose to the Bears on Monday night but I think the Skins will go on the road and beat the Giants.  Ill be at that game so maybe its wishful thinking...

Yep.  Everyone assuming this team has a good chance to beat the Bears must have forgotten this is the Redskins.  They never seem to win the "if they can just...." games.  

Not to mention, if they beat the Bears & The Giants....lose to the Pats.....then beat Miami to go 3-3.........who....cares?   Does that change anything about this team for this season?  It means they beat arguably the two worst teams in the NFL & Mitchell Trubisky.   Just another narrative of making the math work for ultimately a losing argument. 

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

This..is hard to argue with..who did we give a single win to a few years back..the lions?..in two seasons the lions won one game..one game..guess who that win was against?..that's right yours truly lol

False. The browns also lost to them. So HA!! :P 

(that lions browns game was HIGHHHHHH-scoring though, as it turns out....38-37😮)

3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

If the Bears throttle the Skins is it time to start a trading frenzy on the the useful veterans starting with Trent.  Norman should be another good one to put on the stack.  I don't know what either would fetch but if it is time for a rebuild it's time to unload them and a few others.

No one is going to trade anything for the right to pay Norman $10.8/12M over the next two years.  And the $10.8 is now guaranteed for 2019.  The Skins would need to throw money in the deal in order to get a conditional 7th in return.

His one and only pro-bowl was four seasons ago.  I'm not sure I would even classify him as "good" anymore.

6 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

No one is going to trade anything for the right to pay Norman $10.8/12M over the next two years.  And the $10.8 is now guaranteed for 2019.  The Skins would need to throw money in the deal in order to get a conditional 7th in return.

His one and only pro-bowl was four seasons ago.  I'm not sure I would even classify him as "good" anymore.

Yeah, you're right but wasn't it wonderful the Skins won the bidding war for his services.  One of Dan Allen's great winning off the field moments.  Invariably it ends like this for theSkins....

Archived