Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

11 minutes ago, Probos said:

It took awhile, but the leadership of this organization has successfully decimated a good majority of a passionate fanbase.  

Yep, Snyder rode that nostalgia wave for a good number of years but now it has been so many years removed from the golden era that new generations of fans want nothing to do with this dumpster fire organization.  It took years and years of such ineptitude for fans to finally realize that the only way to hit Snyder is in his pockets.  Stay away from Fed Ex Field.  The place is a wasteland!

Aside from everything else to be discussed.. 
BEN KOTWICA.
your special teams are HORRIBLE.

return coverage is awful. Snaps, missed kicks..  awful.

gotta pick it up. NOW.  It doesn't matter whether it's preseason. 
Bad special teams is bad special teams. PERIOD.

~Bang

34 minutes ago, Bang said:

BEN KOTWICA.

~Bang

Ben Kotwica left. You probably mean Nate Kaczor...

3 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

Why did we let Kotwica go, in favor of Nate Kaczor?

Well he left for a lateral move to Atlanta... And he wasn't the only one leaving for a lateral which still feels weird...

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Ben Kotwica left. You probably mean Nate Kaczor...

Well he left for a lateral move to Atlanta... And he wasn't the only one leaving for a lateral which still feels weird...

Right. But, I mean, why the hell did we let him go? lol

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m a little confused about what Offensive Pass Interfernce is these days.

Was there some kind of rule change in the offseason?

There was a rule change about PI in particular this offseason.....but no one knows what it really means cause this is the NFL and nothing about catching a ball makes sense in this game anymore. 

22 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

Right. But, I mean, why the hell did we let him go? lol

Word was he wanted a change. And there were rumors that many coaches wanted out after last year. A few got their wishes.

Anyway, if you look far enough in the post history you'll find out that Kotwica was not really loved when he arrived here in DC. Many wanted him out the first year, and maybe even more the seond year.

I turned this thing off during the 3rd quarter, but here are my takes:

-I hate to put the refs at the top, but this was brutally bad for both teams. It was borderline unwatchable. The whole first drive by the Bengals was penalties.

-We're playing the Bengals, a bad team, but the starting OL held up. Still very worried about LT, Christian was okay but will get beat up by stud OLBs and Penn looked really really bad against backups. Damn you TW, I hate/love/applaud you.

-Settle played better this game, but I'm finding it hard to see him being a starter-quality player. All the hype in camp, I expect to see a monster.

-How the **** is Quick getting snaps with the 1s. If he makes this team...

-All the talk of Cam Sims, I'm really liking Steve Sims. So damn quick, maybe PS?

-Starting D is solid, but the ILB situation scares me. Average-at-best starters and minimal depth.

-Perine's auditing tape is not looking good.

-Haskins is going to be a real QB. I love his pocket presence/movement. 

-Please god no more runs up the gut on 2nd and 9. I can understand the thought process of possibly catching the D guessing pass, but it never works for us. Also, we have tough decisions to make at WR and we need to get these guys as many looks as possible. 

-Special teams woof. Why are we always cursed here? Idk if anyone saw the headline about Aaron Rogers knocking new HC LaFleur for practicing special teams. Aaron, you practice so you don't look like we did last night. Missed XPs, bad kickoff coverage, just bad.

Couldn't watch the game live last night, but just saw it now, so a few observations for what it's worth.

I thought that there was some improvements over week one, but we still don't look season-ready yet.

The defense showed a lot more hustle this week; I liked the way we got to the ball with multiple tacklers. Our starting d-line is just ****ing awesome.

The o-line seemed a bit more cohesive, although the run blocking is still poor. Perine didn't have anywhere to run on most of his carries (or he's just not that good?)

Special teams looks terrible, have got to sort this out in the next few weeks.

Haskins looks very confident and plays with a lot of poise. I like the guy and he's obviously got a great arm, but he still needs time. Case should be the starter IMO.

The personal foul on Norman when he got hit in the head, and the Harmon PI were absolute bull**** penalties. I realise that it's preseason for the refs as well, but they reviewed the PI and still got it wrong, SMH.

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The D is a stud ILB or two away from being special assuming Nicholson is back on track and Norman can stay healthy(I like our talented young CBs but none of them are #1s).

Rueben foster would have been so awesome this year, really sucks he went down 

49 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Refs sucked.

1st team D looked stout, but the falloff to the 2nd string was a bit scary.

Offense is still sorting it out.

Special teams is a mess, and that's being kind.

I feel like the defense looks good because more of the starters are out there. The starting offense is operating at around 50% with the top 3 WRs out, Reed out, and then trying to figure it out at LT and LG. 

Not to mention running out Perine in Guice's spot when Peterson gets his 3 carries and sits.

We basically saw our week 1 defense line up. 

2 hours ago, Bang said:

BEN KOTWICA.

~Bang

The Falcons special teams stinks?

For someone with the special teams coach forever in his crosshairs, you gotta update that file my man.

Archived